Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 09-12-2019, 02:05 PM   #21
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

My patience paid off since I got faber for 12K and lyons for like 15K. Bought those within seconds of them being put up. Same with 91 Aaron.

Yesterday I paid 20K for 90 Cordero, now just need a cj wilson which has been going for around 15K when on bid. Ugh.

At the same time, it means the missions are far less profitable since I was putting nearly 80K worth of cards just for those two into that appling mission even though I paid less than 30K for them.
dkgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 02:19 PM   #22
Argonaut
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkgo View Post
My patience paid off since I got faber for 12K and lyons for like 15K. Bought those within seconds of them being put up. Same with 91 Aaron.

Yesterday I paid 20K for 90 Cordero, now just need a cj wilson which has been going for around 15K when on bid. Ugh.

At the same time, it means the missions are far less profitable since I was putting nearly 80K worth of cards just for those two into that appling mission even though I paid less than 30K for them.
Man, I can't compete with you... seems like you check it fairly often. I would have got that Cordero for sure.

I'm patient with CJ Wilson. Seems like there's lots of supply, and I could see him going for less than 10k when the next round of missions hit.
Argonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 03:52 PM   #23
Charlatan
All Star Starter

I saw Faber appear one evening about a week and a half ago for 12k buyout - I hadn't started the CWS missions yet but I was about to. So I looked over the missions and figured I could afford to pursue the missions - went back the the AH about 5 minutes later - and it was gone.

My Senators team did the Texas missions (since I had already done two of them) and I ended up buying ARod since I never saw a Cordero that was affordable. I did get Wilson for 8k though. Sad thing is, my Senators team was originally a Texas Rangers team - then I changed them to a Senators team and sold off most of the Texas Rangers cards I had. So when the Rangers missions came out, I ended up re-buying all the cards I had sold!

Last edited by Charlatan; 09-12-2019 at 03:55 PM.
Charlatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 04:31 PM   #24
GlassGuyBob
Minors (Double A)

This week, I opened a card on my secondary team which is FTP that sold for 500,000 PP. That 450,000 windfall netted me an entire rotation and multiple other upgrades. The most impactful cards for the buck are in the range of 10K-50K.

Having a good rotation is absolutely crucial to Perfect Level, so I would recommend spending there.

I picked up Pete Alexander for 150K PP, which seemed like a bargain for as good of a true ace as a FTP team could hope for. SE Smokey Joe Wood and 95 Maddux provide quality depth at 50K each, and I think they're good for the price.

I picked up Lou Boudreau for 20K and Richie Ashburn for 12K to provide some contact and defense at positions I needed help with. I'd also recommend Gold Garry Maddox or Pesky, either Gold Carew for 1B or SE Buck O'Neil.

GlassGuyBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2019, 02:03 AM   #25
Marsh511
Minors (Rookie Ball)

When you guys say "draw packs", are you getting the regular 1000 PP packs, or the 5000 PP packs?
Old 09-13-2019, 03:21 AM   #26
Dogberry99
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsh511 View Post
When you guys say "draw packs", are you getting the regular 1000 PP packs, or the 5000 PP packs?
The standard packs for 1000 points are considered to be the better value.

Also, all this talk about the overpriced Rangers made me go back and look at some of the deals I got when I started out as a theme team. Some of the deals, like Kern for 5240 and Cordero for 5k (and also Live Lance Lynn for 29 ) makes the fact that I never got around to picking up Young (who I bought recently for 15k) or A-Rod before the missions launched hurt a lot less.

Primary Team

Collection Rewards (Cards & Packs) F2P Theme Team

Movers F2P Theme and Adam Schlesinger Memorial Team
Dogberry99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 07:17 PM   #27
aidanroy
Bat Boy

Currently in Iron and just got a 100 Max Scherzer. I was wondering whether it would be better to ride out his impact and hopefully get to a better league or sell him and reinvest to get an overall better team?
aidanroy is offline   Reply With Quote