Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > Suggestions for Future OOTP Versions

Suggestions for Future OOTP Versions Post suggestions for the next version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 07-11-2019, 11:59 PM   #1
Minors (Double A)

Move the written scouting report to main player profile screen

I think the written scouting report should be on the main player profile screen. I think the written scouting report description is one the most important pieces of information about a player and shouldn't be buried in a secondary tab.

My proposal would be to (1) replace the Status tab with a Scouting Report tab, (2) move the Personality description from the Position Ratings box into the new Scouting Report tab, and (3) move the Status to the Position Ratings box where the Personality used to be.

So in the bottom left box, you'd have one tab called Scouting Report that would show the Personality description and written Scouting Report while the other tab would show the Popularity & Morale as it does now.

This proposed change would be especially useful in fictional leagues where it's hard for people to learn all the players based primarily on a player's name and numeric ratings that now appear on the primary profile page.

Using Ricky Henderson in 1988 from my historical league as an example of what I mean (1-5 ratings scale), this is how I propose it would look:

---------------------------------

Upper right Ratings box:

Position Ratings:
LF: 4
CF: 2

Defensive Ratings:
OF Range: 4
OF Error: 1
OF Arm: 5

Health Status: OK
Rest Status: 100% rested

------------------------------------

Lower left Scouting Report tab:

Personality: Plays the game at full throttle.

Scouting Report: Ricky Henderson is a center fielder and 10-year MLB veteran. Few major-leaguers can match his speed, creating potential havoc every time he is on base. He excels at finding ways to get on base. He displays top of the lineup contact. Henderson has the tools to profile as a premier center fielder.

----------------------------------

Lastly, you could put some more resources into the written scouting reports so that they're not quite so basic and repetitive. I think this small user interface change would make a HUGE improvement.

Last edited by 01010010; 07-12-2019 at 12:29 AM.
01010010 is offline   Reply With Quote