Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Online Leagues

Old 10-30-2012, 12:14 PM   #1
GIT-R-DONE
Minors (Triple A)

TheShow has an opening!

Full League Name (Initials): TheShow
Main URL: The Show - An Online OOTP Baseball Simulation League
Reports URL: TheShow Home Page
Boards URL: The Show - An Online OOTP Baseball Simulation League
Commissioner(s) OOTP Forum Username(s): Commish
Email Address: TheShowCommish@gmail.com
OOTP Version: 13 but moving to OOTP 15 at the end of this season.
Game Needed: Required
Players: Modern 2010 Opening Day
# of Teams: 30
Export Deadlines Days And Times: Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday @ 9pm ET
League Time Per Sim: 1 week per sim during regular season
First Season: Nearly 10 season ago, we moved to a new file set after 20+ seasons since OOTP5
Latest Season: Just passed the Trade deadline in the 2019 season (Our 9th since starting with this new fileset). Will are planning to move to OOTP15 after the World Series and Rule 5 Draft concludes before Free Agency opens.
Special Rules & Settings: Great Incentives program, Player Contract Rules and a marginal Cost Per Win Incentive Plan to encourage teams to compete with smaller payrolls. We do NOT have Coaches or Scouting turned on. Our league settings can be viewed online here. Please view our FAQ's Page if you have any more questions.
Currently Available Teams: (Click on the logo to go to the HTML reports for that team)

If you are interested in joining, please follow these instructions:
  1. Register an account on our site.
  2. Activate your account (be sure to check your junk/spam email folders for the activation email).
  3. Post a message in the Wait List forum thread with the following information:
    • Full name:
    • City/State/(Country):
    • AOL Screenname:
    • Email address:
    • Years of OOTP experience:
    • Which team you are interested in: (if none are posted, just say Next Available and you will be emailed once vacancy is known).
  4. Wait to hear back from one of the league officials to see if you are in. Please check back in on your forum post, as there will likely be prompt replies.

Last edited by GIT-R-DONE; 07-05-2014 at 12:39 PM. Reason: Padres Vacancy Closed
GIT-R-DONE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 03:48 PM   #2
GIT-R-DONE
Minors (Triple A)

Reds have been claimed.
Old 12-18-2012, 07:23 PM   #3
GIT-R-DONE
Minors (Triple A)

Brewers are now vacant.
Old 12-18-2012, 09:19 PM   #4
squirrljam12
Bat Boy

New to OOTP13 (Last version I had was OOTP5, I think) and would love to get started in this league. Let me know if I can take the Brewers. Thanks.
squirrljam12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 08:02 PM   #5
GIT-R-DONE
Minors (Triple A)

Blue Jays are now a vacant team. Previous owner had issues with OOTP 13 and couldn't resolve them.

Blue Jays are a solid team with a great core of talent in a tough division in TheShow! Up for the challenge?

Last edited by GIT-R-DONE; 07-22-2013 at 08:04 PM.
GIT-R-DONE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 10:58 AM   #6
GIT-R-DONE
Minors (Triple A)

Jays are Claimed. A's and O's are put on notice and are likely vacant.
Old 08-11-2013, 11:18 PM   #7
GIT-R-DONE
Minors (Triple A)

Minnesota's GM has stepped down after we filled the Oakland and Baltimore openings. Take a look at our GM's Page and see who's in our league. Likely going to see some names that are the more active GM's in your other leagues!
Old 08-30-2013, 02:36 PM   #8
GIT-R-DONE
Minors (Triple A)

We thought we had a replacement GM for the Twins, but he has decided not to take the team.

PLEASE NOTE THAT WE ARE ON OOTP13 and NOT OOTP14.
Old 11-26-2013, 05:31 PM   #9
GIT-R-DONE
Minors (Triple A)

Bump!
Old 12-13-2013, 03:45 PM   #10
RomanCaesar
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I am a GM in this league and wanted to add that its a fantastic league. If you did a list of what you're looking for in a league, this meets it.

1) Does it sim on time? Its like clockwork on Sunday, Tuesday and Thursdays. I am actually surprised if a sim isn't up within 30 minutes of the starting time, unlike other leagues where often sims are hours late, or just pushed back.

2) Will this league be around more than a few seasons? This league has been around for 20+ seasons with the current version going on season 9.

3) Do i have a chance to win/rebuild with any team? We have had 6 different champions in 8 seasons. With a reasonable budget spread, a great incentive program and a good balance of game sliders you will see teams work their way up and down the standings based on their hard work and smarts. One of the lowest budget teams (the Pirates) made the World Series two seasons ago, and won the NL central last year.

4) Josh (the commish) mentioned we will likely be switching to OOTP 15 in time. What is nice about his every other year thinking is not only are you not forking over the $40 every year but in the past he did wait until it was half off either with the all-star break deal, or the post season deal.

I could go on why i like this league, but the bottom-line is the commish is fair, sims on time, rarely takes a break, built a system that gives everyone a shot, has a nice built site, and the GMs are very active. I hope anyone interested in a league gives this one a shot
RomanCaesar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 07:37 PM   #11
GIT-R-DONE
Minors (Triple A)

Announcing Reds vacancy
Old 06-20-2014, 12:23 PM   #12
GIT-R-DONE
Minors (Triple A)

Announcing Padres vacancy, but also posting in OOTP 15 openings, since we will move to 15 at seasons' end.
Old 06-23-2014, 07:09 PM   #13
soadeathdealer
Hall Of Famer

This is a great league you will not want to leave . I have been here since 09 . This league is strong and gonna be around for a long long time . Get in now before its too late. We have some great features on the site which is an added bonus come check them out and come stay awhile.

We do not get many openings so this could be your only chance to get in on a solid league that is moving to ootp 15

The league stuff is great and they work with you but they do not let gms run all over the league but with this league we do not have that problem .

The incentive point system is really great and we are even working to improve it and we just added a hitman to take out your owner feature (my suggestion I hate my owner)

The league has great features on the site like;
on the site you see a block on the header that tells you if you have not exported
on posts you can add the players id and a players card that was custom made will then show on the page
the standings page shows the standings plus it will show if you export is good or not
We have a export tracker as well
Countdown to next sim

The league is packed with great gms that push each other to be the best.

~Marlins GM~

Leagues

OOTP

POTD: Vermont/Co-Commish
MTBL: League Closed
The Show: Jacksonville Bombers
RFTP : Braves/co-commish: League Closed
HRBL: Commish: League Closed

DDSPF

WWPF- Miami

CSFL- Tampa

USFL: New Orleans

DDSCF

SNCFL: Florida/ JMU

Last edited by soadeathdealer; 06-23-2014 at 08:30 PM.
soadeathdealer is offline   Reply With Quote