Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 16 > OOTP 16 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 16 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2015 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 11-25-2015, 10:30 PM   #1
darkcloud4579
Hall Of Famer

MAJOR BUG: Long-term Injured players getting released by AI

Is the most maddening bug I've ever seen in modern OOTP. What the hell is with that? Guy goes down with a five-week injury, you sim a few weeks ahead and you notice the guy has been released by the AI and signed elsewhere. IT MAKES NO SENSE AT ALL.

I've simmed 80+ seasons in this current league of mine and I've seen it across all of my teams and AI teams and I've expanded minor league rosters, tinkered with the DL times and it still happens. Please fix this before you start working on putting martians in the game or whatever other crazy requests people will suggest for this year.

It's almost as annoying as the game insisting on demoting rookies and guys with low service time to AAA at the end of the season.

I get why it happens, the AI wants to prevent them from having too many days on the big league roster. But it's the off-season so they're not going to accrue service time AND in most cases, these guys are never being demoted again, they are big leaguers through and through.
darkcloud4579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 10:46 PM   #2
Thunder
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkcloud4579 View Post
Please fix this before you start working on putting martians in the game or whatever other crazy requests people will suggest for this year.
Now you've done it.
Someone will probably have the Phobos and Deimos leagues ready to go by Monday.

First message board complaint: Why do my players all get an extra day of fatigue when travelling to Mars for a series? You guys suck!

Seriously, that's a crappy discovery. I hope it's not as common as you make it sound.
Old 11-26-2015, 09:42 AM   #3
Peregrine
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
Now you've done it.
Someone will probably have the Phobos and Deimos leagues ready to go by Monday.

First message board complaint: Why do my players all get an extra day of fatigue when travelling to Mars for a series? You guys suck.

Come on, working as intended. The extra day is to take interplanetary radiation into account.
Old 11-26-2015, 10:09 AM   #4
Sweed
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
It think it is quite common I am afraid. Never saw it before v16 and kept waiting for it to be fixed with each patch. It is something that isn't real obvious until you see a major star suddenly appear on another team and take the time to see how they got there to find "released by team x" in their history and "signed by team y".

On top of that they had just signed a 7 yr 100 mil+ extension just before the long term injury only to released after healing from said injury.
Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2015, 10:29 AM   #5
darkcloud4579
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweed View Post
It think it is quite common I am afraid. Never saw it before v16 and kept waiting for it to be fixed with each patch. It is something that isn't real obvious until you see a major star suddenly appear on another team and take the time to see how they got there to find "released by team x" in their history and "signed by team y".

On top of that they had just signed a 7 yr 100 mil+ extension just before the long term injury only to released after healing from said injury.
EXACTLY. It's almost always a guy who you signed to a long-term deal and then you sim ahead a bit and noticed he's gone to some other team somewhere. I also never saw it before OOTP16 either, but it's been part of several hundred seasons in my current saves both my upgraded save with 370+ years and the spinoff that was built in OOTP16 both demonstrate this behavior especially if you play with injuries above Low, you'll see it over a few decades especially if you stop and looking at certain guys.
Old 11-26-2015, 10:34 AM   #6
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Is the most maddening bug I've ever seen in modern OOTP. What the hell is with that? Guy goes down with a five-week injury, you sim a few weeks ahead and you notice the guy has been released by the AI and signed elsewhere. IT MAKES NO SENSE AT ALL.

I've simmed 80+ seasons in this current league of mine and I've seen it across all of my teams and AI teams and I've expanded minor league rosters, tinkered with the DL times and it still happens. Please fix this before you start working on putting martians in the game or whatever other crazy requests people will suggest for this year.

It's almost as annoying as the game insisting on demoting rookies and guys with low service time to AAA at the end of the season.

I get why it happens, the AI wants to prevent them from having too many days on the big league roster. But it's the off-season so they're not going to accrue service time AND in most cases, these guys are never being demoted again, they are big leaguers through and through.
I wonder if this is related to having a 40 man roster or minor leagues? I'm in year 21 of my league and I haven't been seeing this. My injury setting is high realistic, so I have plenty of lengthy injuries. I use reserve rosters as well.

Last edited by David Watts; 11-26-2015 at 10:40 AM.
David Watts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2015, 11:00 AM   #7
Curve Ball Dave
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Watts View Post
I wonder if this is related to having a 40 man roster or minor leagues?
It is. I was having the same problem and posted it here. I set the AAA roster to unlimited and that solved the problem.
Old 11-26-2015, 11:47 AM   #8
darkcloud4579
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curve Ball Dave View Post
It is. I was having the same problem and posted it here. I set the AAA roster to unlimited and that solved the problem.
Yeah I have minors. But this is a good workaround. I'll implement it now. Thanks for posting!
Old 11-26-2015, 01:31 PM   #9
RchW
Hall Of Famer

I wouldn't say it's common. I've played decades and done beta and haven't seen this since v10. Are these current day leagues? It certainly hasn't happened in my fictionals in v16 and I played them through beta builds.

RichW

If you’re looking for a good cause to donate money to please consider a Donation to Parkinson’s Canada. It may help me have a better future and if not me, someone else. Thanks.

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2015, 02:20 PM   #10
Cinnamon J. Scudworth
All Star Starter

Stuff like this is why I never add roster limits to minor leagues. There is stuff that the AI just doesn't deal with well when you have them. Even without formal roster limits the AI will keep its minor league rosters to around 25 guys anyway. Give yourself a mental roster limit if it helps.
"Sometimes, this is like going to a grocery store. You’ve got a list until you get to the check-out stand. And then you start reading People magazine, and all this other [stuff] ends up in the basket."

-Sandy Alderson on the MLB offseason
Cinnamon J. Scudworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2015, 02:35 PM   #11
darkcloud4579
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RchW View Post
I wouldn't say it's common. I've played decades and done beta and haven't seen this since v10. Are these current day leagues? It certainly hasn't happened in my fictionals in v16 and I played them through beta builds.
It's still a pretty big bug, even if we have a workaround. They are leagues that have minors and have minor league limits. The game says "don't make your minors under 35" but even you set it to 35 players or more, this behavior happens.

Sorry to interrupt the work on terraforming stadiums for the next version.

Last edited by darkcloud4579; 11-26-2015 at 02:36 PM.
Old 11-26-2015, 02:53 PM   #12
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
It's still a pretty big bug, even if we have a workaround. They are leagues that have minors and have minor league limits. The game says "don't make your minors under 35" but even you set it to 35 players or more, this behavior happens.

I haven't seen the 35 recommendation. I have seen "make your lowest minor league unlimited" recommended. My limits are 30 in AAA, AA and unlimited in A.

Try unlimited in your lowest. I've not had release issues since v10 or before.

RichW

If you’re looking for a good cause to donate money to please consider a Donation to Parkinson’s Canada. It may help me have a better future and if not me, someone else. Thanks.

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2015, 04:20 PM   #13
Thunder
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

And whiffle ball mode, don't forget that. Complete with choice of BP pitchers among family members, holiday 4-on-4 games and random games against the neighborhood bully team of older kids.
Old 11-26-2015, 09:03 PM   #14
BIG17EASY
Hall Of Famer

I use the 40-man roster and minor league roster limits and have not seen this once in OOTP16.
BIG17EASY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2015, 04:04 AM   #15
nutt
OOTP Roster Team

I've only noticed arb-eligible players with injuries more than eight months long get non-tendered.
nutt is offline   Reply With Quote