Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 14 > OOTP 14 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 14 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2013 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 04-22-2013, 01:28 AM   #281
haveband
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillieFever View Post
Haha, noticed this too, I just hired him. The Phil's also don't have a manager for Williamsport.
Fixed
haveband is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 01:31 AM   #282
haveband
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukasberger View Post
I've put this on the list of stuff to fix.
Fixed
Old 04-22-2013, 08:38 AM   #283
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

Yes I see that and to expand that in Teams History show active Drafted by Teams from Majors all the way down to Minors and also include signed as a Free-Agent.

Last edited by mgom27; 04-22-2013 at 09:07 AM.
mgom27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 08:54 AM   #284
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgom27 View Post
On Minor League People say in History if they were Drafted and by who.
Yeah. Working on it. You should see more histories showing up each time the rosters get updated.

I've added hundreds just since the game was first released.

Last edited by Lukas Berger; 04-22-2013 at 06:07 PM.
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 02:53 PM   #285
haveband
All Star Reserve

I want to thank everyone so far for going through the rosters and finding the issues we have missed and helping us come up with a really good set.
Old 04-22-2013, 02:55 PM   #286
Tycobbler
All Star Starter

As roster sets go correct me if i'm wrong, but you need to start a new game to get the changes yes?
Tycobbler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 03:06 PM   #287
haveband
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tycobbler View Post
As roster sets go correct me if i'm wrong, but you need to start a new game to get the changes yes?
Correct
Old 04-22-2013, 04:54 PM   #288
philsgm7790
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by haveband View Post
Correct
And anything saying "fixed" means just start a new game? No patch to download or anything?
philsgm7790 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 04:55 PM   #289
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Nope. Need to wait for the next patch. Sorry.

We just mean it's fixed in our db and will be fixed in a new game for the next build.
Old 04-22-2013, 04:56 PM   #290
philsgm7790
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Nope. Need to wait for the next patch. Sorry.

We just mean it's fixed in our db and will be fixed in a new game for the next build.
Very good, thanks.

And on further word to the Williamsport manager, it's not really a problem, because they don't have one in real life.

Last edited by philsgm7790; 04-22-2013 at 05:03 PM.
philsgm7790 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 08:07 AM   #291
PhillieFever
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by philsgm7790 View Post
Very good, thanks.

And on further word to the Williamsport manager, it's not really a problem, because they don't have one in real life.
His name is Nelson Prada LOL. They hired him back in January.
PhillieFever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 03:41 PM   #292
haveband
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillieFever View Post
His name is Nelson Prada LOL. They hired him back in January.
That should have been fixed in todays patch also
Old 04-24-2013, 10:27 PM   #293
mikestack
Minors (Triple A)

Hey guys, reviewing my beloved Mets in the latest patch... looks like things have come a long way, but a couple small things:

CL Bobby Parnell is missing a knuckle curve.

In the farm system, 2B Edward Rohan is actually a catcher. His infield and outfield ratings plus his 2B ratings need to be wound down and his catcher ratings wound up.

Also, C Jeyckol De Leon has no catcher ratings, but he is a catcher.

That's about all I've got. Great work guys.
mikestack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 10:41 PM   #294
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikestack View Post
Hey guys, reviewing my beloved Mets in the latest patch... looks like things have come a long way, but a couple small things:

CL Bobby Parnell is missing a knuckle curve.

In the farm system, 2B Edward Rohan is actually a catcher. His infield and outfield ratings plus his 2B ratings need to be wound down and his catcher ratings wound up.

Also, C Jeyckol De Leon has no catcher ratings, but he is a catcher.

That's about all I've got. Great work guys.
Crumbs, I thought I did that stuff. Rohan and De Leon at least. I'll check the editor to see if my minds playing tricks on me or not. Either way, it'll all be done soon.

Edit:

Rohan was done, quite a while ago too. I don't see why he'd be wrong in the latest patch, except that I accidentally left his default position at 2B. But I nerfed his IF and OF ratings and added catcher ratings, plus took away all his positional values except catcher. What are his IF-OF ratings in your game? I wonder if Markus didn't actually use the latest data or something. I'll install today's patch and check.

Edit again: Curiouser and curiouser... Most of the very latest stuff we've done is in the V9 rosters, but Rohan isn't, even though I fixed him a week ago. Gonna have to check with Markus, once he gets back, to see what could have caused that

De Leon and Parnell weren't done. I've fixed them.

Last edited by Lukas Berger; 04-24-2013 at 11:28 PM.
Old 04-25-2013, 10:49 AM   #295
mikestack
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Rohan was done, quite a while ago too. I don't see why he'd be wrong in the latest patch, except that I accidentally left his default position at 2B. But I nerfed his IF and OF ratings and added catcher ratings, plus took away all his positional values except catcher. What are his IF-OF ratings in your game? I wonder if Markus didn't actually use the latest data or something. I'll install today's patch and check.

Edit again: Curiouser and curiouser... Most of the very latest stuff we've done is in the V9 rosters, but Rohan isn't, even though I fixed him a week ago. Gonna have to check with Markus, once he gets back, to see what could have caused that

De Leon and Parnell weren't done. I've fixed them.
Rohan was rated at 2B and had infielder/outfielder ratings but no catcher ratings.

Great job on this BTW it was pretty amazing how similar what you put for ratings were to what I had in my own roster edits.
mikestack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 11:07 AM   #296
STLKyle
Minors (Double A)

Doesn't Jake Westbrook have a 2014 option?
STLKyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 09:27 PM   #297
Charlie Hough
Hall Of Famer

This is a minor issue, but Juan Bustabad, who has no team and is listed as normally a bench coach in the database, should be listed with a normal occupation of manager.

He spent 16 of the last 20 seasons as a minor league manager including the last 8 consecutive seasons as a minor league manager in the Dodgers' system. He was dismissed after 2012, and he is now coaching baseball at Oxbridge Academy of the Palm Beaches in Florida.
Charlie Hough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 12:08 PM   #298
nyy26wc
All Star Reserve

I can't get anything even close to the teams' 40 man rosters.

When I start a new world with a quickstart, the Red Sox have a 40 man roster. They are the only ones with a full 40 man roster. The Dodgers (39) and Royals (38) almost have a 40 man roster. The Angels and Mariners only have 26, the Rays and Tigers only have 27. Almost everybody else is in the 29-33 man roster range.
nyy26wc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 01:59 PM   #299
The Yurpman
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyy26wc View Post
I can't get anything even close to the teams' 40 man rosters.

When I start a new world with a quickstart, the Red Sox have a 40 man roster. They are the only ones with a full 40 man roster. The Dodgers (39) and Royals (38) almost have a 40 man roster. The Angels and Mariners only have 26, the Rays and Tigers only have 27. Almost everybody else is in the 29-33 man roster range.

When you start a MLB Quickstart game many of the teams have injured players on the 60 day DL. These players aren't on the 40 man roster when you first start the game. When they come back from injury the team will add them back to the 40 man roster. But there are some teams with 40 man rosters that aren't full or near full even with their injured players coming back healthy.

EDIT: I'm currently on June 8th of my MLB QS league (I sim day-by-day) and the lowest number of players a team has on their 40 man roster is 32 (3 teams). And all 3 of those teams have at least one player on the 60 day DL currently. If you count the players on the 60 day DL, no team has below 33 players on their 40 man roster. Not entirely realistic but I can live with that. My advice would be just keep playing a few more months and see if the 40 man rosters start to grow.

Last edited by The Yurpman; 05-01-2013 at 02:24 PM.
The Yurpman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 08:22 AM   #300
nyy26wc
All Star Reserve

Is there any option to force the AI to fill the 40 man rosters? I have already tried the "run computer manager on all teams", to force the AI to set up all of the teams' organizations. But, they aren't touching the 40 man roster vacanies.

Since the rosters are going to end up not being the exact same as the real world pretty quickly, starting with not exactly accurate 40 man rosters seems like the lesser evil at this point than to have 29 teams having "non 40 man rosters."

Also, it is far from just a situation where there would be 40 man rosters, if you include the players on the 60 day DL. For example, the Yankees have a 29 man "40 man roster" with only 4 players on the 60 day DL and the Angels have 26 with nobody on the 60 day DL.

Last edited by nyy26wc; 05-02-2013 at 08:27 AM.
nyy26wc is offline   Reply With Quote