Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 21 > OOTP 21 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 21 - General Discussions Everything about the brand new version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB and the MLBPA.

Old 04-04-2020, 07:44 PM   #1
thesmokeshow
Minors (Double A)

Apparent Stats Glitch

I am in 2026 in a normal MLB universe. And just out of nowhere in late August, all of my box score stats have been reset. So, outside of the actually in-game atmosphere all of the stats are normal. But when you are in-game, whether a box score or playing a game live, the stats have reset. The running tally began in late August, so it’s showing guys with limited stats. It’s showing my 1B w/ 3 HRs on the year and he actually has 34.

Once again, all of my stats are normal outside of the in-game stuff. But when looking through box scores, real-time simulation or actually playing the games, the stats are all about of whack.

Has anyone ever see something like this? I didn’t put it in th big report because I’m not sure if I caused it or what the heck is going on. Any help would be appreciated. Sorry if the explanation isn’t great, hopefully the point at least gets across.
thesmokeshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2020, 08:23 PM   #2
Dorfmann
Minors (Double A)

It's happening to me too, or at least something very similar. I've posted about in the bug reports forum.
Dorfmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2020, 09:48 PM   #3
dodgerball
Minors (Rookie Ball)

This is happening to me and others as well. I also reported this in the bugs forum. I think it only started after the most recent patch but am not sure. I noticed it partway through spring training when all of the stats reset to 0. This is not just in game but afterwards as well. When you look at the player's spring training stats, they will start over at a random point. So your team may have played let's say 20 games and the stats will just start over as if they have only played 10 games. Everything else seems to move along normally. If this is also happening later in the regular season, this is game breaker. But I cannot currently play anymore until this is fixed. Good thing I backed up my long time fictional league before starting spring training!
dodgerball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2020, 09:52 PM   #4
Dorfmann
Minors (Double A)

I can confirm that it's happening in the regular season as well. My first reset was after 30 regular season games played. I won't be playing until this is fixed.

This could potentially be a huge problem for people who haven't noticed it yet. I hope that whatever fix they implement can recover the lost stats in games that have already saved after the reset. Otherwise, people who like to keep a record of splits and such are going to lose a lot of data.
Old 04-04-2020, 11:02 PM   #5
andyhdz
All Star Starter

I can confirm it happened to me too as well as the game logs. Thank the maker that the league standings and official stats are still there. I'd be furious if those were wiped out.
andyhdz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2020, 11:29 PM   #6
ChrisJNelson
Major Leagues

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
I'm having a different issue on the latest version, where I can't see spring training stats at all. Anyone else seen this?
ChrisJNelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2020, 11:39 PM   #7
thesmokeshow
Minors (Double A)

There is no question this latest update screwed something up. My game logs are just continuously disappearing throughout the season. And I just came off a spring training where it didn’t record any spring training stats.

I have to think they know about this and are working on it. I’d be surprised if an issue this bad hasn’t at least got back to them by now.

After I posted about it, I looked around the forum and there are some other posts about it. Seems like there a bunch of people dealing with similar stuff. Here’s hoping they can fix it soon🤞
Old 04-05-2020, 01:18 AM   #8
thesmokeshow
Minors (Double A)

The more I look into things, the worse it is. I can’t even pull up my stats for home/road splits. Or all the different splits you can select such as turf, grass etc.

The only stats I can really still rely on seeing is the totals for the years. All of the other stuff is disappearing along with all the game logs. This is brutal. I’m 10 years into this thing. Could be ruined at this point.
Old 04-05-2020, 01:33 AM   #9
Dorfmann
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesmokeshow View Post
The more I look into things, the worse it is. I can’t even pull up my stats for home/road splits. Or all the different splits you can select such as turf, grass etc.

The only stats I can really still rely on seeing is the totals for the years. All of the other stuff is disappearing along with all the game logs. This is brutal. I’m 10 years into this thing. Could be ruined at this point.
Yep, it’s really bad. Anyone who has installed the latest patch should strongly consider stopping until a fix is released.

I’m lucky in that my latest backup only loses me 9 games, but this is a potential save ruiner for others.

This destroys splits, it destroys weekly and monthly awards. Who knows what else.
Old 04-05-2020, 06:45 AM   #10
slugga27
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisJNelson View Post
I'm having a different issue on the latest version, where I can't see spring training stats at all. Anyone else seen this?

Yes. It looks like it’s tied to game logs being deleted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
slugga27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 08:41 AM   #11
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Just curious, are these all real MLB/Player leagues, or are some of you running fictional?
Bluenoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 09:38 AM   #12
Dorfmann
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenoser View Post
Just curious, are these all real MLB/Player leagues, or are some of you running fictional?
Mine is a real world league that I started in OotP18.
Old 04-05-2020, 10:33 AM   #13
slugga27
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorfmann View Post
Mine is a real world league that I started in OotP18.

Just wanted to point out and avoid confusion...it isn’t just impacting saves imported from previous versions. Mine in particular was started in OOTP 21.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
slugga27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 03:47 PM   #14
Mookie-50
Bat Boy

Stat Glitch

All stats were lost after about 20 games of Spring Training. It happened again during the regular season. I know you guys are gonna fix it, you always do. Great game, many thanks for it.
Mookie-50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 01:11 AM   #15
thesmokeshow
Minors (Double A)

From what I can tell, it’s obvious all the game logs are disappearing even the regular season ones now.

But all the info on the player card is in tact. So, home/road splits are there as well as all the YTD info. But no game logs on the player cards.

Also, all of the other splits like day/night, home/road, etc. are also missing. This is seemingly data that doesn’t show up on the player cards but info you can usually bring up in other screens such as ‘Pitchers’ or ‘Lineups’. All of that data is completely gone.

The only data that is always there is the stuff that’s usually on the player pages. Really weird bug. It just really makes the game almost unplayable for now.

I also started a new save to see if it was just a corruption in my existing one. But the same stuff started to happen in Season 2. It’s clearly an issue that affects all saves that are configured like mine. I have about half of the leagues in a predominant MLB universe.