Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 17 > OOTP 17 - Technical Support > Bug Reports Forum
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Bug Reports Forum Post bug reports here please!

Old 06-18-2016, 02:03 PM   #321
haveband
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by LooneyOne View Post
Hey everyone .. I noticed a few retired players are missing their "HOF Metrics" on their HISTORY, and also missing their LEADERBOARD APPEARANCES stats. for ex: Magglio Ordonez ..
This needs to be posted in the historical thread.
haveband is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 02:17 PM   #322
LooneyOne
Minors (Single A)

i figured this was a roster issue .. ok i will post there too ..
LooneyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2016, 12:05 PM   #323
mdtwnkfey
Major Leagues

I believe that 6 players that went in the top 75 picks in last week's draft (first 2 rounds) are missing from OOTP's 2016 draft class:

TJ Zeuch (21st overall)
Will Smith (32nd)
Dylan Carlson (33)
Keegan Akin (54)
Brandon Marsh (60)
Mitchell White (65)
AJ Puckett (67) *listed as retired with 2014 college stats
Travis Macgregor (68)
mdtwnkfey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2016, 08:32 PM   #324
mdtwnkfey
Major Leagues

Also Ronald Washington, a high school OF who has gone very high in every draft I simmed, does not graduate high school in 2016 according to Perfect Game. He graduates in 2017.
Old 06-19-2016, 09:48 PM   #325
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdtwnkfey View Post
Also Ronald Washington, a high school OF who has gone very high in every draft I simmed, does not graduate high school in 2016 according to Perfect Game. He graduates in 2017.
Ronald Washington Eligible For 2016 Draft - BaseballAmerica.com

Not sure what to think since PG does have him as a 2017.

As for the missing guys, we've already added everyone missing from the first 13+ rounds

Last edited by Lukas Berger; 06-19-2016 at 09:49 PM.
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 12:41 PM   #326
mdtwnkfey
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukasberger View Post
Ronald Washington Eligible For 2016 Draft - BaseballAmerica.com

Not sure what to think since PG does have him as a 2017.

As for the missing guys, we've already added everyone missing from the first 13+ rounds
Very strange indeed!

Will those missing players be in the next patch/roster update?
Old 06-20-2016, 12:50 PM   #327
qcbandits
Banned

Infractions: 0/4 (4)
That BA article says he was working towards graduating early, but I can't find any article that actually says he graduated early. So maybe something changed the plan along the way?
I can't find a more current article yet
qcbandits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 01:51 PM   #328
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdtwnkfey View Post
Very strange indeed!

Will those missing players be in the next patch/roster update?
Either the next one or the one after that, not 100% certain.
Old 06-20-2016, 01:51 PM   #329
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by qcbandits View Post
That BA article says he was working towards graduating early, but I can't find any article that actually says he graduated early. So maybe something changed the plan along the way?
I can't find a more current article yet
Seems logical.
Old 06-20-2016, 03:48 PM   #330
Hoiles
All Star Reserve

At the beginning of the MLB quickstart, 13-year old Luis Veloz is listed as an international free agent, which seems too young. There are six 15 year olds listed, but they'll be turning 16 during the season so they're probably OK.
Hoiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 05:45 PM   #331
bwburke94
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoiles View Post
At the beginning of the MLB quickstart, 13-year old Luis Veloz is listed as an international free agent, which seems too young. There are six 15 year olds listed, but they'll be turning 16 during the season so they're probably OK.
He was born December 15, 1999, apparently. So he should be 16.

Also, I wasn't even aware the editor could put someone at 13 years old - the usual minimum I see is 14.

Last edited by bwburke94; 06-21-2016 at 05:48 PM.
bwburke94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 02:51 AM   #332
Benchmark
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by haveband View Post
I figured it was only gonna take me a week to finish, but looks like that isn't gonna happen, so I look to this time next week to be done. Added some of the NDFA signings as well so far as they get reported.
How are things going?

Any idea when we might see an update with these players included?

Thanks for your Great effort on this project. I know it is a long tiring process and takes great discipline to finish.
Benchmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 07:28 PM   #333
haveband
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benchmark View Post
How are things going?

Any idea when we might see an update with these players included?

Thanks for your Great effort on this project. I know it is a long tiring process and takes great discipline to finish.
This is tougher and more annoying than I thought. Taking us longer to churn them out... Currently on Round 27 pick #802 Cole Gruber. Lukas and I are hard at work on it... There's a ton of players from rds. 28-40 already there, some are rated wrong and need to be fixed... There's also about 50 or so newly created NDFAs in the set that are also draft eligible. We'll let you know once we're done....

Also, we're backed up adding more July 2nd prospects to the game now that scouting reports are finally being made available. Haven't added too many, maybe about 15/20 more. I imagine we'll be busy on the 2nd...sigh.. it's never ending
Old 07-01-2016, 12:28 PM   #334
Autumn_Lion
Bat Boy

I run a team in an online league that uses fictitious players. Scouting is turned off. There are 20 teams in the league but we only have 16 active GMs, so the remaining 4 teams are under AI control. But they give us constant problems because they waive and/or release several players every sim, including some of their very best players. This causes three problems. First, it makes the league something of a farce, seeing a team releasing young players with 4-star ratings. Second, it weakens those AI teams so badly that it makes it almost impossible for us to find guys willing to take control of them. Third (and most importantly), it forces our commissioner to constantly monitor everybody's roster to make sure that some GM isn't gaining an unfair advantage by scooping up some of these players as soon as the AI teams release them. It's caused a lot of hard feelings ... "Hey, where'd you suddenly get that 4-star pitcher? You didn't have him the last time I played you." "Well, he was a free agent, so I was free to sign him." "Yeah, but a drone team released him and you're not supposed to touch players released by drone teams." "Well, I guess I didn't notice." "How long have you had him? How many games has he won for you?" "I don't remember, but if you take him away from me now, I'm going to quit."

This sort of thing is a definite buzzkill. Can't the AI be set so that it only releases players with a 1-star rating or less? (I'm talking POTENTIAL ratings too, of course ... some of the players released in our league are 19-year-old kids who may be 1-star right now but they have 4-star potential, and no GM in his right mind would release a guy like that.) Doesn't seem like it should be too hard to get the AI to check a player's star rating before cutting him. For that matter, I'm not sure why the AI teams feel compelled to release somebody every sim. AI teams don't make trades, so it's not like they've suddenly acquired new players and need to make roster room for them. The whole business of AI teams constantly waiving/releasing players is a serious problem that needs to be addressed.
Autumn_Lion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 12:48 PM   #335
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

This sort of thing generally only happens when you have roster limits set at the lower levels of the minors. It's not an issue with the basic game, it's an issue that certain specific settings can trigger though. To clear it up, it should be as simple as removing the roster limits in rookie ball.

Beyond that, this isn't the right place to post this sort of problem as the proper people to help with the issue aren't going to see it here.

You'll want to post it in a new thread the bug report forums. This thread is just for issues with the real player MLB/International roster set
Old 07-01-2016, 02:41 PM   #336
bwburke94
Hall Of Famer

As a preemptive note regarding the voided Red Sox contracts, we have a clear precedent to keep them in the Boston organization in the roster set.

They were in the Red Sox system on Opening Day, which was the same reason Trea Turner was listed as a Padre in OOTP 16.
bwburke94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 03:36 PM   #337
haveband
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwburke94 View Post
As a preemptive note regarding the voided Red Sox contracts, we have a clear precedent to keep them in the Boston organization in the roster set.

They were in the Red Sox system on Opening Day, which was the same reason Trea Turner was listed as a Padre in OOTP 16.
True... But if we release a post July 31st Roster which may actually happen, then we'll make the move. They'll stay put for now.
Old 07-04-2016, 07:44 PM   #338
tgreitsma
Minors (Double A)

Adam Warren bug

Not sure if this should go here, but Adam Warren has a very particular bug. I noticed it in OOTP 16 as well. In my 2016 quickstart, Warren hit 46 batters during the year. He also hit 7 batters in four playoff innings.

I play in commissioner mode and can edit players, but Warren is set to hit only an average of 7 batters per 550 batters faced. The same thing happened in OOTP 16 in a different league. There must be something up with his coding or something.

Last edited by tgreitsma; 07-04-2016 at 07:55 PM.
tgreitsma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 08:05 PM   #339
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgreitsma View Post
Not sure if this should go here, but Adam Warren has a very particular bug. I noticed it in OOTP 16 as well. In my 2016 quickstart, Warren hit 46 batters during the year. He also hit 7 batters in four playoff innings.

I play in commissioner mode and can edit players, but Warren is set to hit only an average of 7 batters per 550 batters faced. The same thing happened in OOTP 16 in a different league. There must be something up with his coding or something.
I think Matt fixed that recently. It should show up next patch.
Old 07-14-2016, 06:01 PM   #340
Motorhead667
All Star Reserve

1938 Southeastern league

Hi, not sure if this is a problem or not, thought I would check though
I just started playing the 1938 season and am playing in the 1938 Southeastern league
In the game only 3 teams are affiliated Anniston Rams CHW
Jackson NYY Montgomery Phillies
in the BB REF Those are all correct But Meridian is supposed to be STLB and Mobile is supposed to be the Cardinals and Pensacola is supposed to be the Dodgers.
Also in the game it says Mobile is affiliated with the Cardinals but does not show up as one of the Cardinals farm teams
and when I went to start playing as Mobile last night I received mail telling me of players that were moved up and down from the GM but it was the white sox gm who is affiliated with Anniston
Motorhead667 is offline   Reply With Quote