Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 16 > OOTP 16 - New to the Game?

OOTP 16 - New to the Game? If you have basic questions about the the latest version of our game, please come here!

Old 05-25-2015, 12:22 PM   #1
Okay
Minors (Single A)

Can you set-up Single league, one div MLB other division fiction players

I think I may know a way to do this involving a heck of a lot of steps, when setting up a historical season. Is there an a recommended way to do this?
Okay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 04:22 PM   #2
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okay View Post
I think I may know a way to do this involving a heck of a lot of steps, when setting up a historical season. Is there an a recommended way to do this?
What happens when fictional players make their way onto the real teams and vice versa? Some fictional guys will be better then the real players.

What year are you starting with and are all teams real?
Don't bottle your emotions till they crack and fill a couple just sorrows
Take your mind and refocus go get a paper write your goals out
Throw your middle fingers to all your haters

"Stay Strong"

The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 10:23 AM   #3
Okay
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Game View Post
What happens when fictional players make their way onto the real teams and vice versa? Some fictional guys will be better then the real players.

What year are you starting with and are all teams real?
Well, see that is what I want, a mixture of real historical players and fictional. So it doesn't matter to me if some of the fictional players will be better. The fictional players will be created using the historical creation modifiers. I'm starting in 1921.

I couldn't really figure out how to just have one real life ML division and one fictional division.

An alternative I'm doing is starting in 1921 (historical) with an inaugural draft. Importing historical rookies as amateur draft material-although there will be more players needed for each amateur draft than the real historical rookies can cover, so a number of guys in the army picks are fictional. _And_ I have minor leagues, including feeder teams of fictional players.
Old 06-12-2015, 10:39 AM   #4
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

It's not difficult to do what you wish to.

Start an historical league in the year you want. In league setup, edit league structure, move the ML Teams you want to keep into one division. Delete the rest if you don't want them all (players will go to FA pool from deleted teams)

Now add another division and the amount of fictional teams you want. Then name them. You can go to each teams page and fill their rosters with fictional players if you wish.

Questions?
Bluenoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 02:46 PM   #5
Okay
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenoser View Post
It's not difficult to do what you wish to.

Start an historical league in the year you want. In league setup, edit league structure, move the ML Teams you want to keep into one division. Delete the rest if you don't want them all (players will go to FA pool from deleted teams)

Now add another division and the amount of fictional teams you want. Then name them. You can go to each teams page and fill their rosters with fictional players if you wish.

Questions?
Thanks for this. I once did something real similar. I started with a historical league. I deleted the AL (or NL, it doesn't really matter). Then I deleted all the historical free agent players that resulted from deleting their league.

The main problem with this is that players who changed Major Leagues in real life and stayed there for most their careers got deleted. And it's a bit of a hassle trying to figure out who they are and not deleting them. (Or importing them one at a time.) Otherwise yes the method you suggest works pretty good.

Edit: plus I am not sure, but maybe some ML players for a certain year actually start out as free agents, so when you go to delete all the teams, these guys get deleted too. So anyway the system is excellent but not hassle free

Last edited by Okay; 06-26-2015 at 02:53 PM. Reason: 6