Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 16 > OOTP 16 - Technical Support
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 16 - Technical Support If you have problems with the game, please see here.

Old 05-17-2015, 09:07 AM   #1181
jabrown6940
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Arnold View Post
Could you upload a league file, please, from right before the game if you still have it? Obviously the crash shouldn't happen.
I do not have that file. I have had it happen again though. I play from the "MLB Scores" page. As an example; Ray Collins is shown as the starting pitcher, I click "Manage" and there was no starting pitcher on the "Start Game lineup" page. I cancelled the game and went to the "Rosters & Transactions" page and find that Ray Collins has been injured, but not yet diagnosed. Apparently if a not yet diagnosed injured pitcher is scheduled to pitch, it will show the pitcher on the "MLB Scores" page, but can't start an injured player.
As long as you notice that there is no starting pitcher on the "Start Game lineup" page you can either cancel the game or go into the "lineup starting pitcher" page and assign a pitcher from there, but don't click start game or the game will crash. If you don't mind cheating this crash can be advantageous. Have you ever thought, if I could only go back to my last save (not backup) I'd do this differently?
This scenario can be easily be recreated. Put yourself in commissioner mode, go to the "MLB Scores" page, click on your starting pitcher, go into editor. Put 1 into "Injury Time left (in Days)". I put 200 into "DtD-Injury Effect (in%)". I didn't really know what that was, but took a shot in the dark. Page back twice to the "MLB Scores" page and click "Manage". Now you'll see that the starting pitcher, although shown to start previously, is blank. Press "Start Game" button and the "NO STARTING PITCHER! box appears. Press the "OK" and it crashes.
This whole thing may only be the case with my computer perhaps.
Windows 7 Professional (Service Pack 1)
i5-3570K
8GB Ram
Hopefully this detailed description and instruction on recreating this crash will be as good as sending files. If not let me know and I'll attempt sending a file.
jabrown6940 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 02:34 PM   #1182
diesel230
All Star Reserve

I just received a league news email that Hector Olivera had an injury setback and that he is suffering from XST. Have to assume "xst" is a bug.
diesel230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 10:19 AM   #1183
George_Bell
All Star Starter

I've got no response from tech support in 3 weeks now. I know this isn't the place to post, I don't know where to go anymore looking for assistance.
George_Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 05:30 PM   #1184
Tanman2001
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Owner Goals - Signing Extentions

My owner asked me to sign an extension with a player, I tried but my owner said we don't have enough money, which we didn't. But why we he ask me to do something that I can't do. Please fix this bug, it's now happened to me twice.
Tanman2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 09:59 PM   #1185
sea
Bat Boy

Player Duplicates

Duplicates were present in free agency during first season, now that the offseason has started they've made their way onto rosters.
EDIT: can't figure out how to remove painting, but it should be another picture of the two Justin Uptons.
Attached Images
Image Image Image 

Last edited by sea; 05-18-2015 at 10:01 PM.
sea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 01:46 PM   #1186
megamanmatt
Hall Of Famer

edit: Nevermind. figured it out.
"The Minneapolis Lakers moved to Los Angeles, where there are no lakes; The Oilers moved to Tennessee where there is no oil; the Jazz moved to Salt Lake City where they don't allow music; The Oakland Raiders moved to Los Angeles and then back to Oakland, no one in Los Angeles seemed to notice."

Note to self: Princess Kenny was really off-putting.
megamanmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 03:17 PM   #1187
sea
Bat Boy

Crash on new game setup

Playing on mac 10.10, steam version. I'm getting a crash on the custom league wizard after selecting what leagues I want, in this case MLB and ***. This happened when I first downloaded the game and forcing game data reinstallation then restarting steam fixed it but that's not working this time.
sea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 08:15 PM   #1188
dunningrb
Minors (Double A)

Same batter coming the plate over and over again.

I'm done some further testing with a throw-away league, and here is what I found so far.

Make sure you are in Broadcast View

1. Start with one-pitch mode.
2. When the play result is on the screen (the play-by-play is finished), open up a player's screen by clicking on his name on the field or in the line-up box. You want to get to his actual page, not just the pop-up box.
3. When you come back to game, it's almost guaranteed that something weird will happen, such as the same batter still being at the plate even though he just reached base or made an out, or he is at the plate in the game window but the play-by-play text refers to the next batter in the lineup.

Now switch to Webcast View or 3-D View and repeat.

I can't get the bug to reveal itself in either of this views. When I click on a player's name to bring up his page, the game moves to the next batter in the lineup-- just as it is supposed to.

It would be nice if someone could repeat this test and tell us the results.

Some more information:

1. I'm using a Macbook Pro, with OS 10.10.3. Does this bug show up for users with MS-Windows?
2. I changed my Trackpad settings from 'tap' to 'click' and saw no change in OOTP's behavior.
3. I turned off the Player Popup boxes and saw no effect (the bug shows up in Broadcast View whether the Popup boxes are on or off).
4. I can 'activate' the bug for both a team that I control and a team controlled by the AI--in Broadcast View.
5. You will get similar weird results in Broadcast View if you pitch-by-pitch mode.

For now, it appears the safest thing to do is AVOID THE BROADCAST VIEW if you are playing out your games. Use the Webcast View or the 3-D View. But again, someone should confirm.

Thanks.
Old 05-20-2015, 08:38 PM   #1189
bleachercreature
Major Leagues

Does Anybody know anything about divisions disappearing when you're moving teams?

When trying to realign a league that I started through modifying the roster set included with the game, what would normally be the AL East keeps disappearing, leaving me with five divisions. It seems to show up fine in the standings screen through.

Tried exiting the game. Tried going to a different function than going back. Tried renaming the divisions and the first division always disappears.
bleachercreature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 04:55 PM   #1190
wcb231
Bat Boy

I just loaded my save. Been working on it for weeks, having a lot of fun. Loaded like normal, but my lineups are blank, schedule is blank, calendar is blank. Finish the day to see if anything will be restored, and the playoffs start. It's mid-May. This is unbelievable. Completely ruined my save. Makes me sick.
wcb231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 05:33 PM   #1191
Anyone
Major Leagues

This was mentioned on the other board, so maybe someone else has officially reported it, but just in case, because it's becoming a pretty big deal...players that leave my team sometimes stay on my 40 man roster. If I try anything like deleting them, their team name becomes their actual name and they still can't be removed.

My screenshot shows a couple of examples. There are at least four such players, I've now realized, clogging up my 40 man roster.
Attached Images
Anyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 11:05 PM   #1192
kingne10
Minors (Single A)

The AI just signed a catcher for $10,400,000 for three years after he was only asking for a minor league contract and a $400,000 bonus. That's not the error though. He was given the promised position/role of Closer even though he is a catcher and has never been a pitcher. Running on16.4 build 17.
Attached Images
kingne10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 11:25 AM   #1193
Pjm8804
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Jerseys and Team Colors

Having a problem with the custom jerseys and caps for teams being deleted. This is happening only with the "away" uniforms, and occurs when the league is reloaded. It does not happen for all teams, but randomly. This league was created in version 16. Also have a league that I created is 15 and migrated over to 16, having the same issue. I have seen this issue reported elsewhere, and I have tried the suggestions, but nothing seems to work.

Also having an issue with the team colors for the feeder league keep changing. I am using custom logos and select colors based on logo. Every time I reload the game, the colors change for every feeder team. I do have "Lock Team Logos and Textures" box checked.

League file loaded, saved as "Northwoods AAA 16III.lg.rar

Thank you
Pjm8804 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 04:21 PM   #1194
david limbaugh
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by George_Bell View Post
I've got no response from tech support in 3 weeks now. I know this isn't the place to post, I don't know where to go anymore looking for assistance.
I am so frustrated. Summer is here and I can not play the game I used to love.

I have been asking for one issue to be fixed for several releases now. I want the game to write GAME LOGS. Why? So I can always go back and look at who got the big hit or made the error or what have you....

In OOTP16 neither Real Time Simulation (it never has) or even straight simulation writes a log file. Both write BOX SCORES, but neither write GAME LOGS. It is SO FRUSTRATING that I have to click the word LOG for every game in the league, day after day after day....

I am just not playing until this is either addressed or I find another game to spend my summer break on.... I have been buying this game since OOTP4... Probably not buying OOPT17......
Old 05-25-2015, 12:06 AM   #1195
Erich Ingram

Bug in scoring a double steal. Not sure on which time it happened but in the first inning with Odubel Herrera on 2nd and Chase Utley on 1st did a double steal. Both runners were safe as the throw to third went into left field and the run scored and Utley took third.

Fifth inning Herrera and Utley again on 2nd and 1st and tried the double steal. This time Lobaton threw to second and tried to get Utley but again both runners were safe.

Both runner should have 2 stolen bases credited to them in the box score but Utley has 2 and Herrera only is credited for 1 stolen base.

My guess is that the attempts in the 5th inning are where the mistake took place with the catcher throwing to second base and thus Herrera took third so maybe it didn't recognize the steal because there was no play on him. It could have been the first time because of the error that it didn't recognize the steal but Utley got a steal then going to second, will keep trying double steals to see if I can replicate it.

IOSBL San Diego Aztecs 2010, 2012,2013, 2014 World Series Champions
Maelstrom Padres 2026 World Champions
eMLB Washington Nationals
Erich Ingram is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 08:44 AM   #1196
Okay
Minors (Single A)

Runner on second. Last inning. Batter gets credit for a walk off TRIPLE.
Okay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 10:06 AM   #1197
Strovel
Bat Boy

Wrong pitcher gets the win

I've seen this one several times -- If I know I'm going to make a pitching change when I go back out in the field, I'll enter my RP while my team is at bat. It's so I don't forget, and don't over-tire the RP warming in the pen. The problem comes when I take the lead on offense. In real life, the previous pitcher becomes the pitcher of record. In OOTP, the RP is made the pitcher of record. In the game I'm uploading, the most recent instance in the Baltimore/Tampa game in the previous day.
Strovel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 10:45 AM   #1198
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by david limbaugh View Post
I am so frustrated. Summer is here and I can not play the game I used to love.

I have been asking for one issue to be fixed for several releases now. I want the game to write GAME LOGS. Why? So I can always go back and look at who got the big hit or made the error or what have you....

In OOTP16 neither Real Time Simulation (it never has) or even straight simulation writes a log file. Both write BOX SCORES, but neither write GAME LOGS. It is SO FRUSTRATING that I have to click the word LOG for every game in the league, day after day after day....

I am just not playing until this is either addressed or I find another game to spend my summer break on.... I have been buying this game since OOTP4... Probably not buying OOPT17......
Sorry to hear you're disappointed, but the game does store logs in your data/saved_games/Name.lg/news/html/game_logs folder, as long as the option is selected in the overall game settings. If clicking the Log link for the game brings up the log for you, then the file will be saved in your system at that location mentioned above.
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 10:56 AM   #1199
Lucas718
Major Leagues

Some ball flight lost in 3D view with new patch

Just installed the patch released this morning and played a couple of games. There was no ball flight on HRs and plays that had some variation of the word "line" in them ("line drive", "lined to...", "down the line"). Between the two games, I shut down OOTP and relaunched and noticed the same issue in the second game. Both games played in Camden Yards in 3D view.
Lucas718 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 12:51 PM   #1200
TreeRol
Bat Boy

Assistant GM cannot correctly set up minors

I am GM only, and want my Assistant GM to set up the minor leagues. This is how he does it. I want each of my teams to be fielding a roster of somewhere in the 20-30 range, but this guy leaves one roster completely blank. Most of the people at Short Season A have down arrows on them, so that's not the issue.

Is the Assistant GM set to fill the minors top-down? If so, why does he have 30 players on each of the higher teams instead of 25?

I desperately do not want to set up my own minors - this would not be remotely fun for me. But I also want my minor league system to work properly. What can I do?

Edit: It is midseason. Games are being played by all of my minor league teams. And the fact that Medford has an illegal number of players means I can't actually progress unless I manually set up my leagues.
Attached Images

Last edited by TreeRol; 05-25-2015 at 03:06 PM.
TreeRol is offline   Reply With Quote