Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods

OOTP Mods Logos, roster packs, historical databases, OOTP tools, FaceGen files... it's all here!

Old 03-12-2012, 01:27 PM   #1
Mike Lowe
Hall Of Famer

How to make stadium graphics from MLB Show 12?

Was thinking of giving this a shot...how do I do this exactly? Has anyone else compiled something for this year that'd include day/night stadiums for MLB 2012 (Miami, etc.)?

Edit: Also, does anyone have the graphical know-how to make these images into night stadium shots?
http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...tml#post296928

Harbor Stadium (by Teflon Skies...couldn't find it via search)

Last edited by Mike Lowe; 03-12-2012 at 01:35 PM.
Mike Lowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 06:01 PM   #2
Ktulu
Hall Of Famer

Haven't played the show in a while, but you should be able to go into instant replay mode and manipulate the camera angle. I'm pretty sure the game will allow you to "take a picture" and save it to your ps3.
Old 04-06-2012, 07:42 PM   #3
PadresFan
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lowe View Post
Was thinking of giving this a shot...how do I do this exactly? Has anyone else compiled something for this year that'd include day/night stadiums for MLB 2012 (Miami, etc.)?
Mike, I've already done all of this work. It's part of the 2012 All-In-One mod. The images are from MLB 12: The Show. I've also submitted it as a standalone mod to ootpmods.com.
PadresFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 08:03 PM   #4
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PadresFan View Post
Mike, I've already done all of this work. It's part of the 2012 All-In-One mod. The images are from MLB 12: The Show. I've also submitted it as a standalone mod to ootpmods.com.
Will that work for OOTP 12 or just 13? I am guessing yes, but wanted clarification.
The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 02:04 AM   #5
PadresFan
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Game View Post
Will that work for OOTP 12 or just 13? I am guessing yes, but wanted clarification.
You know, I'm not sure since I used the park.dat file from OOTP13 at the direction of Markus. My guess is that it will still work fine with 12.
Old 04-07-2012, 10:23 AM   #6
Rockeo
Major Leagues

Quote:
Do I have to download the all-in one to get the stadiums? I don't believe its posted on ootpmods yet
Rockeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 02:32 PM   #7
bjenglert77
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I don't see anything listed on ootpmods yet either. Is it on there and I'm just blind? Thanks!
bjenglert77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 06:50 PM   #8
PadresFan
All Star Starter

Until it is posted, you can grab the ballpark mod here. The All-In-One Mod is available in add-ons central within the game.

Al
Old 04-07-2012, 11:56 PM   #9
bjenglert77
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanks for these, but I'm bummed these are the overhead stadium shots, rather than the field level where you can actually see the skylines, etc., beyond the outfield. These stadiums all look the same.

Last edited by bjenglert77; 04-07-2012 at 11:59 PM. Reason: error typing
Old 04-08-2012, 12:30 AM   #10
PSUColonel
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjenglert77 View Post
Thanks for these, but I'm bummed these are the overhead stadium shots, rather than the field level where you can actually see the skylines, etc., beyond the outfield. These stadiums all look the same.
believe me, these are much better.
PSUColonel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 10:20 AM   #11
DanP68
Minors (Double A)

I'm not sure how to take snapshots with the PS3, but I would like to see a slightly different angle too. The current view is perfect for positioning your players in the correct spot, but you lose the feel for the environment.

There is another set of images available:
http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...dium-pack.html

These stadium images are fantastic and a lot more immersing, but placing your players on this angle just doesn't work well. The OF'ers and IF'ers are on top of each other.

An angle somewhere in between would be interesting to see. If I knew how to do it, I'd take a shot with my MLB The Show 09 edition (the last version I bought).
DanP68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 12:25 PM   #12
PadresFan
All Star Starter

Guys, your comments about placing the player names is exactly why I chose that angle. You can't have both a great view of the park, and a view that allows for good placement of the players. Sorry!
Old 04-08-2012, 06:16 PM   #13
Alex617
Bat Boy

Quote:
I can not find it anywhere on that site
Alex617 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 06:38 PM   #14
PadresFan
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex617 View Post
I can not find it anywhere on that site
See post 8 above.
Old 04-08-2012, 06:59 PM   #15
Alex617
Bat Boy

Quote:
Until it is posted, you can grab the ballpark mod here. The All-In-One Mod is available in add-ons central within the game.

Al
Will these work with iOOTP 2012 for iPad I tried a ballpark pic of fenway park it made game lagy. Could u let me know where I can find the original ball park pic for so I can but it back in game

Last edited by Alex617; 04-08-2012 at 07:01 PM.
Alex617 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 07:06 PM   #16
PadresFan
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex617 View Post
Will these with iOOTP 2012 for iPad I tried a ballpark pic of fenway park it made game lagy. Could u let me know where I can find the original ball park pic for so I can but it back in game
The original ballpark pic for iOOTP? No idea.

If you mean the original pic for OOTP13, it's called "default_grass.jpg" or "default_turf.jpg" and it's in your OOTP Baseball 13/ballparks folder.
Old 04-14-2012, 03:49 PM   #17
bjenglert77
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSUColonel View Post
believe me, these are much better.
I respectfully disagree. These screenshots don't match up with the locations of the player names on the field whereas the screenshots with the full stadium skyline background are aligned perfectly so the outfielders are in the outfield, the infielders are at their positions and the baserunners are at the bases.
Old 04-14-2012, 03:52 PM   #18
bjenglert77
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Guys, your comments about placing the player names is exactly why I chose that angle. You can't have both a great view of the park, and a view that allows for good placement of the players. Sorry!
I must be doing something different? The screenshots with the great view of the park is the one that aligns perfectly for the players on the field. The screenshots that are more overhead where you can't see the outfield stadium structures and skylines are the ones that don't fit properly with the player positions.
Old 04-15-2012, 11:09 AM   #19
BostonJ
Bat Boy

Issues...

Ok.. so.. new to all this.. but I'm overseas in Berlin and computer baseball is all I got.. didn't bring the PS3. I come from the world of Statis-Pro Baseball, flipping cards etc.. have to say.. OOTP is pretty great.

Customization.

I see Padresfan is pretty much the go-to here.. (lived in Mission beach for 3 years btw) So..

1. I am running this on MAC.. I've been trying to get the stadiums to import, but no luck. In 'commisioner mode' I can see the stadium pics in the 'ballparks' folder and assign them.. however, they don't carry over to non-commissioner mode.

2. no luck on player photos automatically importing. I CAN see the pics there (in the images folder) and during play, one by one I can assign the pics to the players.. is there a way the game will do this automatically once I put all the pics in that folder?

For now.. that's it. Rad game.
BostonJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 11:58 AM   #20
BostonJ
Bat Boy

Answered my own question as for the player pics.. Voila.. or Viola (Mets fan )

still working on how to get the stadiums to work..

if anyone knows the right format..

ie... Citi_Field (day or night?) .jpg
BostonJ is offline   Reply With Quote