Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 08-26-2019, 09:47 AM   #4581
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by adion View Post
If I remove all Live 2019 MLB players from my active roster that would be 16 Players and there are only 2 non-Live 2019 MLB players on my reserve roster. So I would have a active roster of only 11 players with 1 starting pitcher, 2 relievers, no catcher among other shortages. Something doesn't make sense to me. Are special edition cards different than Live 2019 MLB cards/

use your best lineup right now (live or historical, doesn't matter), and just work on generating points.... as you gather points, try to pick up historical card replacements from the AH to take over for your live cards.... by the end of the week, you should be able to replace all live cards with historicals that way
stl jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 09:53 AM   #4582
Edster007
All Star Starter

Quote:
If I remove all Live 2019 MLB players from my active roster that would be 16 Players and there are only 2 non-Live 2019 MLB players on my reserve roster. So I would have a active roster of only 11 players with 1 starting pitcher, 2 relievers, no catcher among other shortages. Something doesn't make sense to me. Are special edition cards different than Live 2019 MLB cards/
Any card that is related to 2019 is off limits. There are historical special edition cards, those can be used.

Basically you use this week to earn points through achievements and then slowly start turning your current roster over by adding in non 2019 cards so that by the end of the week you have a roster that can begin play in OL next Monday.

Play whatever cards you have for now as this week is not related to our league. This week for you is about gathering points through achievements to build the roster you will join OL with

I will be posting a Tony Gwynn and Bill Madlock on the Auction House in the next half hour at reasonable prices. They are guys who can generate a lot of points for you in Entry League.
Edster007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 10:06 AM   #4583
adion
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edster007 View Post
Any card that is related to 2019 is off limits. There are historical special edition cards, those can be used.

Basically you use this week to earn points through achievements and then slowly start turning your current roster over by adding in non 2019 cards so that by the end of the week you have a roster that can begin play in OL next Monday.

Play whatever cards you have for now as this week is not related to our league. This week for you is about gathering points through achievements to build the roster you will join OL with

I will be posting a Tony Gwynn and Bill Madlock on the Auction House in the next half hour at reasonable prices. They are guys who can generate a lot of points for you in Entry League.
Okay, got it. Hopefully I will have enough non-2019 players at the end of the week to make a reasonable roster.

Thanks.
adion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 10:19 AM   #4584
Edster007
All Star Starter

Quote:
Okay, got it. Hopefully I will have enough non-2019 players at the end of the week to make a reasonable roster.

Thanks.
It is very doable. My first team was only in Entry for 3 days because I started mid week not Monday and I was able to turn over my roster. In Entry you have some easy 400 point achievements, I think in total four (first win, first HR don't remember the rest). With 1,000 you start with that's 2,600 off the bat. That alone can build a good portion. I have Dave Cash still playing 2B on my team in Diamond who I purchased in Entry for 45 points.
Old 08-26-2019, 10:28 AM   #4585
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
It is very doable. My first team was only in Entry for 3 days because I started mid week not Monday and I was able to turn over my roster. In Entry you have some easy 400 point achievements, I think in total four (first win, first HR don't remember the rest). With 1,000 you start with that's 2,600 off the bat. That alone can build a good portion. I have Dave Cash still playing 2B on my team in Diamond who I purchased in Entry for 45 points.

yeah, definitely possible to find some low priced but high quality players.... I still have 5 players from my Iron league days of 2020 still on my roster in Perfect level (2 pitchers, 3 batters)
Old 08-26-2019, 10:36 AM   #4586
KWhit
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by stl jason View Post
Gah! For the second time in three seasons of Perfect tier play, Waffletown managed to finish the regular season tied for the division lead (which was an impressive feat this go-round as they were 4 games back with 7 games to play when I signed out last night).

Game 163 tie breaker between Cigar City and Waffletown sends the Syrups home early as they failed to take care of business and lost 10-6. (Maybe this will be good luck for Cigar City, as Waffletown lost to Harlem in the tie-breaker a couple seasons ago and they went on to win the World Series)
Tough luck. It didn't do me much good as I was eliminated quickly in the Division Series.

This could be the year!

KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 10:56 AM   #4587
Charlatan
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit View Post
This could be the year!
I should make all the Annandale players get that tattooed on their chests.
Charlatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 11:26 AM   #4588
Edster007
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlatan View Post
I should make all the Annandale players get that tattooed on their chests.
And I'm just hoping the Knights don't get tattooed in diamond. Added one pitcher to the bullpen but nothing else available to follow the theme. I think I am punching above my weight class
Old 08-26-2019, 11:26 AM   #4589
Magus978
All Star Starter

Quote:
2041 Perfect league:

(missing Green Lake and Blitzkrieg )
Very annoyed about this

Friended several OL members in the perfect league to make sure this didn't happen, and it still happened. Now I gotta hope the Boppers can survive this week and try to get in again

http://twitch.tv/GanbaMagus

Magus978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 11:42 AM   #4590
allenciox
All Star Reserve

Quote:
2041 Perfect league:

Yep, all three of my teams added both teams to their friends list yesterday evening. This is too bad. So how do your current perfect leagues look?

allenciox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 11:47 AM   #4591
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magus978 View Post
Very annoyed about this

Friended several OL members in the perfect league to make sure this didn't happen, and it still happened. Now I gotta hope the Boppers can survive this week and try to get in again

wonder if there was some bleed-over from friend's lists with extra people in it, so more than 30 were trying to pull into the same league....

teams in the league that are not on my friend's list:

-Leesburg Al-pack-as
-Atlanta Phoenix
-Clear Fork River Cats
-Sandwich Heroes
Old 08-26-2019, 12:17 PM   #4592
Charlatan
All Star Starter

My packs team made it to the OL Perfect league? That's weird - I don't think I've ever used the friends list with that team and pretty sure the placement is set to Random.

I also believe Atlanta is KWhit's other team. Definitely some weirdness going on there.
Old 08-26-2019, 12:58 PM   #4593
sabakon
Minors (Triple A)

Can you believe? Lose 100 games and you get religated?!? How is that fair?

Oh, right, because Salem sucked. Got it.

NEW ZEALAND SILVER FERNS
Ka mate, ka mate! ka ora! ka ora!

Proud members of "Our League"!
sabakon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 01:06 PM   #4594
QuantaCondor
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magus978 View Post
Very annoyed about this

The good news is that this gives us a kind of assessment of how an OL member would do out in the wild. You try for a week, see what happens, then come back and compare. Personally, I think the typical OL team has a decent shot at playoffs in a generic Perfect league, because pretty much every OL player at the high levels has a very good knowledge of how to construct a team. But this gives a way to really check that.

F2P + restrictions. First F2P winner of PT21 Perfect League

F2P + restrictions. New team -> PT title in 8 weeks
QuantaCondor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 01:11 PM   #4595
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Quote:
2041 Perfect league:

I think not everyone had all 30 on their friend list.
AC Central looks really tough!

OMGPuppies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 01:25 PM   #4596
allenciox
All Star Reserve

Yes, AC Central is quite stacked, with three perennial divison leaders all in one place. I am also curious how the other teams do in random perfect, it will be interesting to compare.

Even though we have some "interlopers" in the league this year, none of them are Whales, fortunately.

allenciox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 01:37 PM   #4597
Charlatan
All Star Starter

My packs team (Leesburg) is an "anti-whale" - I won 66 games last year in a league with a few whales but I swear the whales were massive - half the teams in the league won 70 or fewer games; my team with 66 was maybe 10th from the bottom and so very far from relegation.

Also, this means that 5 of my 6 teams are in OL leagues this season - actually, I just checked and it appears Washingtoon is in the Gold OL league, so that means I have 6 teams in OL leagues this year (but only 2 OL teams!)

Last edited by Charlatan; 08-26-2019 at 01:40 PM.
Old 08-26-2019, 01:48 PM   #4598
BigRed75
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Hate when my teams are in the same division. Looks like everyone made it at a glance.
What are the odds of two Amarillo teams? And in the same division no less!

SPTT team

Was not a Snag fan...until I saw the fallout once he was gone and realized what a good job he was actually doing. - Ty Cobb
BigRed75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 04:41 PM   #4599
Magus978
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuantaCondor View Post
The good news is that this gives us a kind of assessment of how an OL member would do out in the wild. You try for a week, see what happens, then come back and compare. Personally, I think the typical OL team has a decent shot at playoffs in a generic Perfect league, because pretty much every OL player at the high levels has a very good knowledge of how to construct a team. But this gives a way to really check that.
I feel like we'll struggle in a regular perfect league...our starting pitching might be okay, but everything else could be in for a struggle. We'll see what happens though, nothing I can do about it now.

http://twitch.tv/GanbaMagus

Magus978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 05:16 PM   #4600
Edster007
All Star Starter

I may need an intervention. I arrived at my well earned vacation and the first thing I did was log in to see how my teams are doing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk