Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 08-26-2019, 12:05 AM   #4561
QuantaCondor
All Star Reserve

And it's over! The Cottons claim their second Perfect WS title, only 3 years after being relegated. And it was a thriller of a series.

Game 1 went 12 innings, with the starting pitchers and league ERA crown winners 94 CC Sabathia and 96 Tom Glavine throwing 5.1 and 6 innings (Quality starts, 3 runs allowed each) and the bullpens shouldering a ton of scoreless work. But eventually one team's bullpen tired, and after 3.1 innings of work Bruce Sutter allowed a walk to 94 Rickey Henderson. He promptly stole second, then 87 Lindor, in his only plate appearance of the series, pulled through with a single for the walkoff victory. 4-3 Cottons in 12 innings.

Game 2 was another pitcher's duel, but a masterful CGSO on 102 pitches, 5 hits and no walks by RHP Mike Mussina (against a lefty team, somehow) proved enough. 97 Kershaw had a solid performance, going 6 IP and 1 run, but it's hard to compete with a CGSO. 2-0 Cottons.

Game 3 was an absolute rout. The Cottons won games 1 and 2 in pitcher's duel squeakers, so the 9-3 victory by the Vikings was shocking and a wakeup call that the series was still up for grabs. Nearly every Viking got a hit, as well as 3 hit games from 89 Griffey Jr and 89 George Brett and HRs from 94 Ruth (expected) and 78 Devon White (unexpected!). Series 2-1, shaping up to be 3-2 in favor of the Vikings at this rate. 9-3 Vikings.

Game 4, a battle of the #4 pitchers, was another duel. 89 Greg Maddux dueled 94 Eddie Plank, with the Cottons up 1-0 through 6 innings. The Vikings handed it to the bullpen in the 7th, who let up 2 runs to make it 3-0. But then Maddux, who stayed in, also let up 2 runs to take it back to a 1 run game. Maddux pitched a scoreless 8th then let Steve Howe take the reins, who only needed 7 pitches to close out the 9th. 3-2 Cottons.

Game 5 was yet *another* pitcher's duel, again between 94 Sabathia and 96 Glavine. Thus far, the games have mostly been pitcher's duels in which the Cottons got up early. The same was true here, with the Cottons taking a 1-0 into the 6th. But here, the Vikings broke through for 2 runs off a 97 Frank Baker homer, and rode out an excellent performance by Glavine (7 IP, 3 hits, 1 R) and their bullpen (2 IP, 1 H, 0 R). 2-1 Vikings.

Game 6, our 5th low scoring game of the series, with 96 Mussina again dueling 97 Kershaw. Mussina won the battle yet again, going 7 IP on 4 hits and 1 run, compared to the 6IP/7H/3R from Kershaw. Steve Howe got the Cottons through the 8th without incident, but trouble mounted in the 9th as the Vikings reached 1st and 2nd with no outs, down 3-1. Freshly acquired Sparky Lyle, who had gone 2IP/4H/2R in appearances earlier in the series (both of them losses for the Cottons), walked the bases loaded, but then wrestled control with a flyout by 89 Barry Bonds, strikeout of 97 Baker, and ground ball to pinch hitting 82 Alomar to seal the series victory for the Cottons.

Series MVP was 96 Mussina, going 16 IP on 9H, 1BB and 1R.

It was a ton of fun following the pitcher's duels throughout the series, with margins of victory of 1, 2, 6, 1, 1, 2. (Victoria actually outscored the Cottons 17-16 in 6 games over the series). Also, I think from repeated experience it's very clear that a coherent pitching strategy, and ballpark settings to match, is just so important in the playoffs.
Attached Images

F2P + restrictions. First F2P winner of PT21 Perfect League

F2P + restrictions. New team -> PT title in 8 weeks

Last edited by QuantaCondor; 08-26-2019 at 12:09 AM.
QuantaCondor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 12:13 AM   #4562
Findest2001
All Star Reserve

NOR Algonquin being relegated from silver to bronze
Old 08-26-2019, 12:20 AM   #4563
Argonaut
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuantaCondor View Post
And it's over! The Cottons claim their second Perfect WS title, only 3 years after being relegated. And it was a thriller of a series.
Thanks for the great summary, QuantaCondor. That was fun to read. I thought I would have a bit more luck in your park, given that you favour LHB homers and I have some sluggers. I guess Kershaw didn't do as bad as I thought, he just didn't have run support.

I'm hoping to have one of the best records in the league next year so that I can get that all-important home field advantage in the postseason. The Vikings did quite well in the second half of the year once I picked up Baby Ruth.

Been trying to sell Carl Hubbell all week (previous stats) but nobody's biting. Ended up using him as a stopper in the playoffs, and that worked well, especially during the upset of the Southpaws.
Argonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 12:42 AM   #4564
Magus978
All Star Starter

Ain't no RNGjesus taking this title away from me!

Boppers defeat their non-OL opposition in 6 games to take their 5th overall championship, giving them one at each level. They now only need a perfect league title to complete their collection!

We now thrust our heads back and laugh at the OOTP gods, who have once again failed in their quest to deny the Boppers what is now rightfully theirs.
Attached Images

http://twitch.tv/GanbaMagus

Last edited by Magus978; 08-26-2019 at 12:46 AM.
Magus978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 12:44 AM   #4565
QuantaCondor
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argonaut View Post
Thanks for the great summary, QuantaCondor. That was fun to read. I thought I would have a bit more luck in your park, given that you favour LHB homers and I have some sluggers. I guess Kershaw didn't do as bad as I thought, he just didn't have run support.

I'm hoping to have one of the best records in the league next year so that I can get that all-important home field advantage in the postseason. The Vikings did quite well in the second half of the year once I picked up Baby Ruth.

Been trying to sell Carl Hubbell all week (previous stats) but nobody's biting. Ended up using him as a stopper in the playoffs, and that worked well, especially during the upset of the Southpaws.
Mussina, who pitched 16 innings at home in the series, had 1.0 HR/9 during the season so I was prepared to see at least a few dingers from guys like Barry and Babe. The overall strategy for my park settings are to take away baserunners from lefty teams, while allowing my lefty power to take advantage of my righty baserunners. So, that Mussina didn't give up a single longball was pretty fortunate, especially because the games all turned out to be so close.

On the other hand, the vL splits for LHB against LHP are pretty severe, so I was mostly banking on Brett Anderson and CC Sabathia to generate wins, and hoping I could get a win from one of the Mussina or Maddux games. But Brett Anderson got absolutely shelled and CC Sabathia split duels with your amazing Glavine, so I was really lucky to have my RHP somehow pitch gems.

F2P + restrictions. First F2P winner of PT21 Perfect League

F2P + restrictions. New team -> PT title in 8 weeks
QuantaCondor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 02:04 AM   #4566
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Bobcats Win Second Crown

Their first was in in 2026. Congratulations!
Attached Images
Stanley Kuppchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 02:10 AM   #4567
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

The Wrap Up?

It seems nobody in B226 was able to step up and provide the stats, which is rather unfortunate. With a couple of cowpoke named teams, we'll go with a rodeo theme.
Attached Images
Old 08-26-2019, 02:41 AM   #4568
Magus978
All Star Starter

I sent it in to you via e-mail. I tried to do it by hand, but I always fell one or two losses short after calculations.

I can say that unless my math is off, New Zealand may have pipped the Mets to the post for the bronze crown.

http://twitch.tv/GanbaMagus

Magus978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 05:35 AM   #4569
Edster007
All Star Starter

That 70's team

They were dancing in Boogie Wonderland as the Knights pulled down their first WS win. Now a breeze through the AH before I leave on vacation later this morning.
Attached Images
Edster007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 06:07 AM   #4570
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

New Zealand takes B226 Crown

Congratulations! Need you to post a copy of your logo to finish the crowns.
Attached Images
Old 08-26-2019, 06:46 AM   #4571
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

2041 Perfect league:

(missing Green Lake and Blitzkrieg )
Attached Images
stl jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 06:53 AM   #4572
Charlatan
All Star Starter

D355 Setup

Everyone (including a few I was not aware of!) made it into D355. Incidentally, this is the second time we've had a D355 (I found this when I tried to save a screenshot).
Attached Images
Charlatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 07:03 AM   #4573
Argonaut
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by stl jason View Post
2041 Perfect league:

(missing Green Lake and Blitzkrieg )
I wonder how that happened. I know I friended myself at least.
Argonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 07:06 AM   #4574
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argonaut View Post
I wonder how that happened. I know I friended myself at least.

not sure.... double checked my list and I have both added
Old 08-26-2019, 07:25 AM   #4575
Edster007
All Star Starter

Silver 314

Hate when my teams are in the same division. Looks like everyone made it at a glance.
Attached Images
Old 08-26-2019, 07:43 AM   #4576
Charlatan
All Star Starter

Everyone made OL this season except for the two teams in Perfect and Bluffton in Bronze.

Friends list has been updated for this season, including updating the teams that have stepped away from the OL.
Charlatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 08:02 AM   #4577
adion
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bottom Of The Sixth View Post
Anyone interested in playing Perfect Team 20 our way?

We are a group of PT fans who enjoy playing the same way.

We play for free.

The ONLY PP we use is the PP that is earned from achievements in our games and from selling off any baseball cards that we don't want; we don't buy additional PP to use.

We choose to play and NOT use any baseball cards that are of players from the 2019 Live , 2019 All-Star, Future Legend, or 2019 POTM (Player of the Month) cards sets.

That means we only use players that can be found on the following cards:

One-Hit Wonder
Rookie Sensation
All-Time Legend
Historical All-Star
Record-Breaker
Unsung Heroes
Hardware Heroes
***Special Edition***Eligible Card Sets: One Hit Wonder, Legend, Record Breaker, Negro League Stars, All Star (Non 2019), Special Edition, Hardware Heroes
***Special Edition***Not Eligible Card Sets for OL Play: MLB 2019, MLB 2019 All-Stars, & MLB 2019 POTM

If you are interested in playing the way we play, and you agree to not buy any additional PP, and only use players from the card sets listed above, let us know as we'd like for you to join our "Group of Friends".

Also, even if you only play era specific players, you are more than welcome to join up.

For example, if you enjoy playing with all pre 1980 players, or all pre WWII players, then you will easily fit into our "Group of Friends".

Just let us know.

Thanks in Advance,

Bottom of the Sixth

Always current "Our Friends" Roster:

Our Friends Roster
Okay, I started and opened all my cards. Of the 36 cards 18 are 2019 MLB. If I can't use these cards I don't have enough players to make a team, e.g. I would have only 1 starting pitcher. Are SE MLB 2019 cards different from 2019 MLB cards?

Alan
adion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 08:21 AM   #4578
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by adion View Post
Okay, I started and opened all my cards. Of the 36 cards 18 are 2019 MLB. If I can't use these cards I don't have enough players to make a team, e.g. I would have only 1 starting pitcher. Are SE MLB 2019 cards different from 2019 MLB cards?

Alan

don't worry about the lineup in entry league when you just start out.... if you have a theme in mind for the team, focus on picking up players from the AH that fit that (and if there isn't a specific theme, then just look for historical cards in the AH to replace any Live 2019 cards you have until you've cleared them all from the 25 man roster)....

the no live card rule won't kick in until next week when you get moved into the Iron level
Old 08-26-2019, 08:29 AM   #4579
Edster007
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by adion View Post

Alan
Use the week in Entry to accumulate points and build your OL compliant roster. As an earlier posted suggested the best way to accumulate the most points is with offensive achievements so it may be best to start there. Over a full week of entry play you will earn enough to slowly turn your roster over.
Old 08-26-2019, 08:38 AM   #4580
adion
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by stl jason View Post
don't worry about the lineup in entry league when you just start out.... if you have a theme in mind for the team, focus on picking up players from the AH that fit that (and if there isn't a specific theme, then just look for historical cards in the AH to replace any Live 2019 cards you have until you've cleared them all from the 25 man roster)....

the no live card rule won't kick in until next week when you get moved into the Iron level
If I remove all Live 2019 MLB players from my active roster that would be 16 Players and there are only 2 non-Live 2019 MLB players on my reserve roster. So I would have a active roster of only 11 players with 1 starting pitcher, 2 relievers, no catcher among other shortages. Something doesn't make sense to me. Are special edition cards different than Live 2019 MLB cards/
adion is offline   Reply With Quote