Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 08-17-2019, 01:20 PM   #4341
Argonaut
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by allenciox View Post
Only one of the four teams likely to be relegated are OL teams.
In fairness to the poor Cowboys, I'm training players out of position and testing out full Stealing sliders on every player. Excited to get back to Diamond where there might be more PP to earn.
Argonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2019, 01:47 PM   #4342
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Had to run out for a bit

But here are the final two weeks of G354. I have band practice today, so I may have to post the OL standings a bit earlier than I thought. They may not coincide with the calendar date on this schedule. I'll try to remember to put the date in.
Attached Images
Stanley Kuppchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2019, 02:13 PM   #4343
revmcgator
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanley Kuppchaser View Post
It also made me curious about my own teams. I ran through the transactions for Port Ruppert and I came up with the attached. I only did the current 25 man roster. The second column was supposed to be "Year Signed." The number in parentheses is the Buy Now price for the auction. Looking at it now, I guess the OVR of the player would have been helpful. Probably will do the same for the Rustlers and Keepers at some point.
I was equally curious about the real story of the Hatchets. Since you showed me yours, I'll show you mine
Attached Images

revmcgator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2019, 03:26 PM   #4344
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlatan View Post
I like tinkering around with spreadsheets and I've developed a way to track missions that I really like - so I thought I'd share it with y'all.

This code tracks how how many cards you need to complete the collection, how much you've spent, and how much you still need to spend to complete it. And it answers one simple question: if you completed the collection and sold the reward, would you gain or lose PP?

Note that there's one gigantic assumption here: that the cards making up the collection have no value. You buy them and put them on your reserve roster forever. This calculation is quite different if you end up using a few cards from the collection.

At any rate, let's answer the easy question.

First Picture
The first figure shows how I've got it set up in the spreadsheet. At the top left is the mission name. Top center is how many cards I need to complete the mission. Top right is the "worth it or not" determination... green means "worth it" and red means "not worth it."

The orange column ("Pd") down the middle is where you enter the prices paid for the cards... in this case I don't have any of the cards, so there's no values there. The AH column shows prices I've gotten off the auction house for the cards in question. When I'm not sure of the price (uh... like if I'm completely guessing!) I italicize it.

Second Picture
The second picture shows one of the magic formulas. This formula tracks how many cards you need to complete the mission. As you fill values into the orange column, this number will go down.

Third Picture
The third picture is the second magic formula. The "Remaining" cell consists of the sum of the "lowest n" cards you need to complete the mission, where "n" is the value calculated from the second picture. So as you get cards for the mission, this sum continues to update to reflect how much you still need to spend to complete the mission.

Fourth Picture
This picture describes the formulas or meanings of the remaining cells.
Holy cow! Would love to have a copy of this! Sheer genius.

OMGPuppies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2019, 03:32 PM   #4345
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Tacoma is going to have to temporarily bow out of OL as they are not in compliance. I acquired a bunch of non-live bronze guys to prepare for tournaments, and it seems like they were all sent down and replaced by a bunch of random guys, many of whom are live players. Sigh.

Old 08-17-2019, 03:47 PM   #4346
Charlatan
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMGPuppies View Post
Holy cow! Would love to have a copy of this! Sheer genius.
This should be a sharable link to some mission tracking I've set up. Let me know if you have any issues with it.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
Charlatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2019, 03:57 PM   #4347
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by revmcgator View Post
I was equally curious about the real story of the Hatchets. Since you showed me yours, I'll show you mine

it's a tale of two disparate approaches with my squads.... on one end, Waffletown with its lineup of players obtained strictly from the AH or collection missions.... (note: price paid for mission to obtain Paul Dean does not include the cost of Dizzy Dean, as he's on the active squad).
Attached Images
stl jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2019, 03:58 PM   #4348
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

...and on the other end, O'Fallon with its lineup obtained solely from opening packs (initially when v20 came out, I wasn't going to go with a pack-only team, but never did come up with a theme for them. Now I just figure the pack-only makes it all the more difficult when going with a historical-only setup so it's a fun challenge)
Attached Images
stl jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2019, 04:27 PM   #4349
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Update of S286 & G354

Seems like the crown is silver is Antique's to lose at this point, while there is still a race in gold. No time for a table of standings. Sorry. In reading the above, it seems there will be some checking to be done about Tacoma's roster, and their OL games. Gotta run. BTW, I think these are good through Sept 15th.
Attached Images
Image Image 
Old 08-17-2019, 04:36 PM   #4350
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Tacoma is going to have to temporarily bow out of OL as they are not in compliance. I acquired a bunch of non-live bronze guys to prepare for tournaments, and it seems like they were all sent down and replaced by a bunch of random guys, many of whom are live players. Sigh.

I will need details on when this occurred so the standings can be adjusted. If it was a limited amount of time, perhaps we can just eliminate that time frame from the standings.
Old 08-17-2019, 04:45 PM   #4351
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

G354 Update

If Tacoma's error was of a considerable length, their games will be removed from the OL standings. The attached would be the result of that. If it was limited, we could probably just remove that portion of the schedule, assuming they get back into compliance. Gotta go practice. Later.
Attached Images
Old 08-17-2019, 06:19 PM   #4352
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Quote:
I will need details on when this occurred so the standings can be adjusted. If it was a limited amount of time, perhaps we can just eliminate that time frame from the standings.
8/4 was the first non-compliance date
9/20 first date back in compliance

Last edited by OMGPuppies; 08-17-2019 at 06:42 PM.
Old 08-17-2019, 08:22 PM   #4353
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
8/4 was the first non-compliance date
9/20 first date back in compliance

I checked the schedule and I think you have a typo. The actual start date was Sept. 4th, not August 4th, which would result in 14 games being dropped, if that's the way it ends up going. Hopefully the net effect will be minimal either way, that is with the 14 games out, or the entire season.

Thanks for catching and reporting it. By the way, I think if you keep your non-compliant players on inactive, the AI has no access to them.
Old 08-18-2019, 06:11 AM   #4354
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

BullDogs Take a Big Bite to Claim OL S286 Crown

Attachment 643301Antique left no room for doubt as they blitzed through the final month at 15-4 to capture their second crown.

In PT, OL claimed 9-of-10 playoffs spots as Chi-Town fell two games shy of a wild card spot. There will be at least three promotions and no relegations.
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image 

Last edited by Stanley Kuppchaser; 08-18-2019 at 06:21 AM.
Old 08-18-2019, 06:19 AM   #4355
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Pablo Wins Tight Race in OL G354

The Pandas went 7-5 to slip by slumping Port Ruppert, and then held off the New York Patriots late 8-4 charge to win their second crown.

In PT, OL nabbed 8 spots. At least two will be promoted and none relegated.

The snafu with Tacoma's roster had no material effect on the standings. The only wins went to Frankenthal and Harbour Town, which allowed the Retros to catch the Falcons, but Harbour Town finished ahead in the tie-breaker.
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image 

Last edited by Stanley Kuppchaser; 08-18-2019 at 06:22 AM.
Old 08-18-2019, 06:24 AM   #4356
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Antique Silver Crown

Congratulations!
Attached Images
Old 08-18-2019, 06:25 AM   #4357
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Pablo Gold Crown

Congratulations!
Attached Images
Old 08-18-2019, 08:35 AM   #4358
Charlatan
All Star Starter

D388 Regular Season Finals

Hampton Roads breezes to crown in Diamond

The Hampton Roads Rush crushed the competition in September, going 11-2 in OL play to convincingly grab the Diamond crown.

Congratulations to the Rush!

Non OL-Playoffs News
Eight OL teams made the playoffs. Three of the brackets are OL-only, so there will be a minimum of three promotions to perfect next year.
  • Cincinnati plays at Annandale in the AC wildcard. The winner will face the Gauchos.
  • Shasta hosts the NC wildcard game for a chance to advance.
  • Playing in later Division matches, Motown hosts Seattle and Luckenbach plays at Hampton Roads.
No teams are being relegated from Diamond.
Attached Images
Image Image Image 
Charlatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 09:19 AM   #4359
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Rush Dominance Adds Fifth Crown

It seems Hampton Roads is ready for the trip to perfect now, grabbing their fifth crown in ten seasons to take along as a souvenir. Congratulations!
Attached Images
Old 08-18-2019, 09:34 AM   #4360
Edster007
All Star Starter

Quote:
Hopefully someone will post the OL for bronze. At the very least, send me the screen shots of the OL team vs. team to kidheckett@gmail.com. It would be unfortunate to lose a whole season in this our 20th year.

I should be able to log in tomorrow morning before the new season begins and at the very least get you the team by team. I don’t think I will have time to put together standings but if time allows I will.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Edster007 is offline   Reply With Quote