Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Title Bout Championship Boxing > TBCB General Discussions

TBCB General Discussions Talk about the new boxing sim, Title Bout.

Old 04-28-2010, 03:34 PM   #1
CurryStorm
Minors (Single A)

Best Football Simulator like TBCB

I'm looking for a PC football game similar in nature to TBCB. I'd like something based on the Pros, not the college game- divisions, playoffs, draft, etc. I don't really care about real teams or players as I'll more-than-likely create my own fictional universe.

TBCB is the only PC simulation game I own so I figured I give it a shot asking here as maybe some of you know about a good football sim that you'd recommend. I'd appreciate any help and recommendations!
CurryStorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 03:58 PM   #2
Mark42661
All Star Starter

Hi CurryStorm

As far as pro football simulators..

There's this one: Barcode Games - Professional Football Simulator

I haven't tried it myself, but have read some positive comments about it. You can play with either real or fictional players and the league configuration is fully customizable.

Then, of course, there is this one: Solecismic Software: Home of Front Office Football

It is by far the deepest pro football simulation on the market (that I'm aware of). You can play with real or fictional players, but the league configuration isn't really customizable at all...at least not as far as league structure...number of teams, number of divisions and all that. But it's an excellent game.

Hope this gives you a start.

Mark

Last edited by Mark42661; 04-28-2010 at 04:00 PM.
Mark42661 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 04:35 PM   #3
hamed2
Hall Of Famer

That's good info Mark.

Has anyone heard of a wargame sim along the lines of TBCB?

I always thought any sim that could have data of modern armies in it where you could sim a battle between any 2 countries would be interesting. Not easy to do with all the potential variables but along the lines of TBCB would be pretty cool.
hamed2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 06:20 PM   #4
basketcase77
Minors (Double A)

I've got an American Football sim called Second and Ten on my PC which is pretty good.
For more info go to Roogames
basketcase77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 11:40 PM   #5
Yasko
Bat Boy

I just bought Front Office Football, and the more I play the more I like it. It's a very good sim that sucks you into the deep end.
Yasko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 11:44 PM   #6
IceTea
Hall Of Famer

I've played actionpc and strat-o-matic.
IceTea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 11:55 AM   #7
Bogie
All Star Reserve

I play STRAT-O, but they're best game is the Baseball game.
Bogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 12:55 PM   #8
BigFiasco
Minors (Triple A)

I prefer FOF but Wolverines football attempt is in the works and will probably be good
BigFiasco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 01:13 PM   #9
IceTea
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie View Post
I play STRAT-O, but they're best game is the Baseball game.
I agree. There football game is gimmicky, but the baseball and hoops games are very good. Actionpc's football and baseball games are very good.
Old 04-29-2010, 01:45 PM   #10
Scoman
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by basketcase77 View Post
I've got an American Football sim called Second and Ten on my PC which is pretty good.
For more info go to Roogames

All pro teams since 1940 included with the pro game,a must for any pro football fan. This game is more set up for 1 year leagues which you can make 32 team leagues from any of the teams since 1940. Also every years new season is available for free.

Also playing out the games is the most fun,the in game commentary is great.

Plus they also have the college version.

Its my football game of choice right now.
Scoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 04:49 PM   #11
meade95
Hall Of Famer

Modern WarSim......try CMSF. Comabt Mission Strike Force, by BattleFront. Great modern war sim.

As for a football sim....I still contend without question Front Page Sports ProFootball 97/98 is the best game/sim ever made.
meade95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 05:34 PM   #12
Bam Bam
All Star Starter

FOF is excellent, I've been playing it for years. And there is a great online community for multiplayer. Once you play MP - you'll never go back to single player.

Here's a link to FOF Central - tons of multi-player leagues to choose from.

Front Office Football Central - Powered by vBulletin
Old 04-30-2010, 04:54 AM   #13
kckid4u
All Star Reserve

Location: Pictured Above: Buck Barnett - Best Pitcher in OOTP History!
The best football game for head to head, online play IMO is PC Action Football. It's the most fun I've ever had playing any game. There are lots of leagues using this game and the games are very exciting playing against another human coach.

The drawback is the price of the game and that you have to buy every season dick seperate.
kckid4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 02:23 PM   #14
CurryStorm
Minors (Single A)

Wow, thanks for all the replies. There are so many options, I'm going to have to do some studying before I decide on one.

Speaking of PC war games, does anybody know of a good Civil War one? My Dad is a strategy war game nut, but his favorite is a Civil War game called "Civil War Generals 2" (I believe this is right). I've never played it but from what he tells me, it is set-up like the Koei games on the consoles, games like Romance of the Three Kingdoms, Liberty or Death, etc. (for those who have played those games). I've been trying to find him a good Civil War game in this vein but haven't run across any yet.

Does anyone on here play any good Civil War games or any old school - Civil War, Revolutionary War - war games in general?
CurryStorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 02:51 PM   #15
hamed2
Hall Of Famer

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by meade95 View Post
Modern WarSim......try CMSF. Comabt Mission Strike Force, by BattleFront. Great modern war sim.

As for a football sim....I still contend without question Front Page Sports ProFootball 97/98 is the best game/sim ever made.
Thanks meade, I'll check them out.
hamed2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 07:17 PM   #16
IceTea
Hall Of Famer

* My league is starting season #11 this fall. The number of people playing text simulation type games is ever dwindling. In about ten years, it will be a niche and we will have fewer and fewer options due to the lesser demand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kckid4u View Post
The best football game for head to head, online play IMO is PC Action Football. It's the most fun I've ever had playing any game. There are lots of leagues using this game and the games are very exciting playing against another human coach.

The drawback is the price of the game and that you have to buy every season dick seperate.
Old 05-01-2010, 11:07 AM   #17
Jersey-Jim
Hall Of Famer

I've been with ActionPC for about a decade now. I'm used to the interface and game play. The artificial intelligence is very good if you play against the computer led team as I do guiding one or two teams through a whole season.

I'm really poor at calling good defensive plays, so I allow the game to do it for me (as my "defensive coach"). Although I like the game, I haven't played it in about 2 years because when I have the time, I prefer spending it with my Title Bout Universe.
Jersey-Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 12:29 PM   #18
meade95
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey-Jim View Post
I've been with ActionPC for about a decade now. I'm used to the interface and game play. The artificial intelligence is very good if you play against the computer led team as I do guiding one or two teams through a whole season.

I'm really poor at calling good defensive plays, so I allow the game to do it for me (as my "defensive coach"). Although I like the game, I haven't played it in about 2 years because when I have the time, I prefer spending it with my Title Bout Universe.
Regarding good AI.......I likewise find the AI of FBPRO 97 to be by far better than anything released in today's market. FBPRO AI is dynamic and continually attacks/counters incredibly well......It will use Human/or other AI player trends (current game play calling trends and or/ recent past games played during a given season of that same given team profile).

It is the only game I have had (sports) that I have not been able over time to pretty much have my way with. Its player editor along with play editor, team mgmt, coaching profile editor, etc......Just keep the game constantly up and running on every system I have.

More to my point. I have played out a full 17 recorded seasons now (in my 17th) I have only won the Super Bowl once (an incredible 17-16 victory over Green Bay).....have been to the Super Bowl only twice. With another half dozen crushing playoff defeats at the end of otherwise excellent seasons...

I'm currently in the first round of the playoffs in my 17th Season. My team I own/coach (but don't play, as a player, just Off / Def Coach) is based mostly on the 95 Steelers.

I'm about to meet the Colts (On the road at their place). Payton Manning Colts (based mostly on the Colts of the late 2000's). I'm 12-4 going Vs them in which they went 14-2.

Last edited by meade95; 05-01-2010 at 01:51 PM.
meade95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 01:12 PM   #19
Bogie
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceTea View Post
I agree. There football game is gimmicky, but the baseball and hoops games are very good. Actionpc's football and baseball games are very good.
I agree. Strat-O baseball is a great game, basketball is pretty good but a little slow, and the pro and college football games are lacking...IMO
Bogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 04:11 PM   #20
IceTea
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie View Post
I agree. Strat-O baseball is a great game, basketball is pretty good but a little slow, and the pro and college football games are lacking...IMO
They do a great job rating the players for the football game, but the game is very clunky. Plus, I'm not huge on their customer service. Unless, you can solve the problem via email, they have a tech support line that you have to pay for.