Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - New to the Game?

OOTP 20 - New to the Game? If you have basic questions about the the latest version of our game, please come here!

Old 10-31-2019, 01:55 PM   #1
mhowie
Bat Boy

How to simply sim?

Brand new to OOTP but not to sports gaming. Dice based initially- Statis-Pro, ABPA, SOM, Replay, etc. but never invested into the computer based versions.

I'm not yet prepared to jump completely in and GM a team through history but rather would like to simply run simulations- individual games and series (not necessarily the entire season)- and either sit back and watch the action unfold on screen or manage one of the teams and watch the same action as influenced by my in-game decisions.

I've played around with the software for about an hour and can't seem to find how to run these simple game simulations. The program keeps taking me into a much deeper mode. I'd like to simulate the just finished World Series, I'd like to replay WS series from the past, perhaps play a game or series between two great teams from the past, etc.

Would greatly appreciate insight and tips on how to head down this desired path.

Thanks!
mhowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 02:59 PM   #2
mhowie
Bat Boy

I've played around a bit more and believe "Historical Exhibition" provides much of what I'm looking for? Any other tips?

As the 2019 season isn't included in this part of the game, how could I replicate what the Historical Exhibition allows for two teams from within the current season?

Thanks again.
Old 11-02-2019, 02:40 PM   #3
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

a manual helps
google makes it easy to find specific answers.

https://manuals.ootpdevelopments.com...ulation_module

or, you simply don't manage each game and let the sim play out. the module will probably allow for larger samples in a shorter period of time -- not 100% sure if it is 1:1 bit identical process, though.

i.e. is it considering year-to-year development or just running 1000games based on current context? that type of stuff may or may not make it useful for whatever you are trying to do.

you can watch any game play out. you can re-watch any game if you keep the right data. the manual can help wtih that too.

"As the 2019 season isn't included in this part of the game, how could I replicate what the Historical Exhibition allows for two teams from within the current season?"

A: sim module?

can't be included since it hasn't happened (at time of release.) I haven't tried a
"live start", but maybe that is what you are looking for, if you want 2019 results from RL?
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2019, 04:54 PM   #4
mhowie
Bat Boy

Thanks for the tips. I started a new game, selected the Live Start option, and then selected 10/21 as the date in order to get the rosters/stats loaded as of World Series Game #1 eve.

From there I was able to select "Play Exhibition Game" from the "Play" menu item. Unlike pitting two teams from within the Historical Exhibition Mode, it appears for 2019 simulations one is limited to a single game (i.e., a series can't be set up). I guess the 2019 season will show up in OOTP 21.