Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Technical Support

Earlier versions of OOTP: Technical Support Do you have a copy of OOTP Baseball 2006? Are you in need of help and assistance in running the game or do you have errors that you need help in resolving? This is your place!

Old 04-06-2012, 10:48 AM   #61
damientheomen3
Hall Of Famer

I went to make a new Polish league and it appears that OOTP misspells Rzeszow as Rzeszzw.
damientheomen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 10:52 AM   #62
HercMighty
Minors (Double A)

Financial screen issue

Line draws for totalling don't line up right and go through or under numbers in middle column. I can't seem to get a proper screenshot...

Last edited by HercMighty; 04-06-2012 at 11:01 AM.
HercMighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 10:55 AM   #63
Tigers13
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I am having an issue with creating facegen pics. Every time I open up a player's profile it creates a new facegen for that player. Every single time, even if it just created one. Is this happening to anyone else?
Tigers13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 11:11 AM   #64
Cornelius McGillicuddy
Banned

Infractions: 0/1 (4)
Problem with the Scoring Updates scrollbar in the RTS screen. While scrolling down it keeps popping up even if it's not being updated at that time.
Cornelius McGillicuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 11:14 AM   #65
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornelius McGillicuddy View Post
Problem with the Scoring Updates scrollbar in the RTS screen. While scrolling down it keeps popping up even if it's not being updated at that time.
Yes, I am aware of that. Unfortunately it's not an easy fix because it does get updated constantly. I suggest pausing the RTS when you want to examine earlier score updates.
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 11:19 AM   #66
cody8200
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
Yes, I am aware of that. Unfortunately it's not an easy fix because it does get updated constantly. I suggest pausing the RTS when you want to examine earlier score updates.
Could you make it so the space bar pauses the games? That would allow you to continue scrolling with your right hand and use your left hand to stop the sim.
Old 04-06-2012, 11:23 AM   #67
ryanivr
All Star Reserve

What I thought was a weird cosmetic glitch just led to a crash. I've duplicated it twice now.

In real-time sim mode, the team I'm controlling (Tampa Bay in MLB QS) finishes their game, and the score of that game is now in the top right with yellow numbers, but there are two yellow numbers side by side, like a ghost image. For example, if I won 5-1, it looks like it says 55-11.

Here is what's weird. If I let the sim continue and click on that score, I get a freeze. But if I pause the game, the ghost image disappears, I see the correct score, and it is unclickable.
ryanivr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 11:23 AM   #68
avwjase

I already submitted this through your bugzilla/support database but I'll post here too I guess.

---

I am on the road right now or else I'd attach some photos or a video of this happening to help you guys out. If you need either of those things, e-mail me and I can create them for you later. Anyway, here is what is happening.

I created an MLB 2012 league from the quickstart and I am browsing my St. Louis Cardinals team. In the team view you have the "Overview" "Disabled List" "Minor Leagues" "Waivers" "Trade Status" etc... buttons scrolling across the top.

It seems to be random but when I click those buttons sometimes it will pop up "Really want to release (insert random player)?" I'll click no. Then click across that menu some more and it will come up again "Really want to release (insert random player)?"

Obviously some wires are crossed on that menu. It doesn't happen every time I click a button on there but it happens quite often. I'd say 20% of the time so far. About 1 out of 5 clicks.

Thanks!
Old 04-06-2012, 11:24 AM   #69
cody8200
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanivr View Post
What I thought was a weird cosmetic glitch just led to a crash. I've duplicated it twice now.

In real-time sim mode, the team I'm controlling (Tampa Bay in MLB QS) finishes their game, and the score of that game is now in the top right with yellow numbers, but there are two yellow numbers side by side, like a ghost image. For example, if I won 5-1, it looks like it says 55-11.

Here is what's weird. If I let the sim continue and click on that score, I get a freeze. But if I pause the game, the ghost image disappears, I see the correct score, and it is unclickable.
This is known (from earlier in this thread) and Markus has already fixed it for the Monday release
Old 04-06-2012, 11:26 AM   #70
Cornelius McGillicuddy
Banned

Infractions: 0/1 (4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cody8200 View Post
Could you make it so the space bar pauses the games? That would allow you to continue scrolling with your right hand and use your left hand to stop the sim.
Or vice-versa for us southpaws.
Cornelius McGillicuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 11:27 AM   #71
Austsaint
Minors (Double A)

A possible bug when it comes to rosters. I started with the 2012 MLB quick start, and quite a few players went from potential and in some cases overall ratings of 4 stars plus to one stars. This was after one day simmed, so pre-season to the start of the regular season, the 27th of March. In particular Matt Moore(TB Rays) did this for me.
Austsaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 11:28 AM   #72
cody8200
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornelius McGillicuddy View Post
Or vice-versa for us southpaws.
Indeed. After I typed that I realized that the world was different for about 10% of people.
Old 04-06-2012, 11:28 AM   #73
cody8200
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austsaint View Post
A possible bug when it comes to rosters. I started with the 2012 MLB quick start, and quite a few players went from potential and in some cases overall ratings of 4 stars plus to one stars. This was after one day simmed, so pre-season to the start of the regular season, the 27th of March. In particular Matt Moore(TB Rays) did this for me.
Can you turn scouting off and see if they really went down or if it is just some sort of issue with scouting?
Old 04-06-2012, 11:29 AM   #74
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanivr View Post

Yes, that was already reported & fixed. Thanks anyway for the report
Old 04-06-2012, 11:30 AM   #75
bwburke94
Hall Of Famer

White text on white background on Edit Schedule screen. This applies to the default and classic skins, at least.
bwburke94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 11:45 AM   #76
old timer
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwburke94 View Post
White text on white background on Edit Schedule screen. This applies to the default and classic skins, at least.
I just logged this as a bug. Thanks for reporting it!
Old 04-06-2012, 11:46 AM   #77
damientheomen3
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by damientheomen3 View Post
I went to make a new Polish league and it appears that OOTP misspells Rzeszow as Rzeszzw.
I looked into this, and it seems the city itself is misspelled in the database as Rzeszzw.
damientheomen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 11:49 AM   #78
Austsaint
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cody8200 View Post
Can you turn scouting off and see if they really went down or if it is just some sort of issue with scouting?
H I changed to different guys, my scouting director to OSA and still the same ratings. I then changed it to 100% accurate and the ratings were semi back to normal, I then turned them off and the ratings were back to normal, the initial setting was set at normal.

Last edited by Austsaint; 04-06-2012 at 12:00 PM.
Austsaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 11:52 AM   #79
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
How do you turn off scouting? I changed to different guys, my scouting director to OSA and still the same ratings.
Game menu -> Setup & Options -> Uncheck "use scouting system", upper left corner.
Old 04-06-2012, 11:52 AM   #80
cody8200
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
How do you turn off scouting? I changed to different guys, my scouting director to OSA and still the same ratings.
I dont have the game in front of me but i believe you goto settings and in the menu. Find where it says coaching and scouting and uncheck the box for scouting. This should be in the top left of screen.