Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > MLB Manager 2018 > MLB Manager Mods

Old 05-24-2011, 04:04 AM   #1
Hellenstone
Minors (Double A)

Unhappy New logos names since version 1.02???

Something has been changed with the logos since version 1.02 I think!?!?!

It doesnt work anymore to put the logos in iOOTPData\logos.
Seems like the naming of the files has been changed.
In the saved games folder the logos are now names "cleveland.png" instead of "cleveland_indians.png".
Tried to rename the files and put them in the logos folder as before, but it doesn't work...

But to create a new league and than overwrite the created logos in the saved game folder with the new renamed ones seem to to work...

Any ideas???
Old 05-24-2011, 10:04 PM   #2
CHOWDERHEAD
Hall Of Famer

Little bump to see if we can get some official word on this one.
Old 05-29-2011, 08:46 PM   #3
RPage
Minors (Single A)

Mods

It would appear that we have angered the iOOTP gods. The file structure has changed. Our handy .txt files have disappeared. They have been changed to .dat files. I would think that this was brought down by Apple. They don't like people being able to modify any apps. They call it security. I guess it could provide a back door into the machine. I am purely guessing here.

"Don't worry about your seeing eye dog back here ump. I fed and watered him for you."
RPage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 09:08 AM   #4
Hellenstone
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPage View Post
It would appear that we have angered the iOOTP gods...
Good point here!!!
I would say the iOOTP gods annoyed the Apple goods with the open file structure...

Would be nice to have an official statement here...
It's irritating to replace the logos via iPhone Explorer for every new save game...

Last edited by Hellenstone; 05-30-2011 at 09:09 AM.
Hellenstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 10:16 AM   #5
phillupi
All Star Reserve

I believe if you go to the logo directory that carries the nicknames, for example Bulldogs and Dolphins you can add them there. Again for example Yankees, Tigers etc. Then change your nicknames to that name it will work. But remember any team you name Yankees, Tigers will get the same logo.
I'm not at home so this is a guess. I was playing around with it last night for a Fictional league.
See below.
Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1306761358.428867.jpg
Views: 5135
Size:  146.2 KB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
phillupi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 10:51 AM   #6
Hellenstone
Minors (Double A)

Will try this when I'm at home that evening. Didn't try nicknames as the only name of the logo so far, just cities and team names...
I took a look in the save game folder to see how the game renames the fictional created logos files. And the the files are called "city.png"...

Normally the logos could be named "City_Teamname_Nickname.png" and the ReadMe.txt in the logo folder explained how the logos are searched in the folders, but something has changed and (I think) the ReadMe has not been updated...
Old 05-30-2011, 08:19 PM   #7
tc66tc
Minors (Single A)

Here is a fix to the problem. The new (1.02+) 2011 quickstart database does not include teams nicknames. Because of this the game will not pull the proper logos for the teams.

To fix it you need to copy a version on teams.dat to the 2011 quickstart directory that has the nicknames included with it. Once it is in the 2011 quickstart directory it will then start to look for the teamname_nickname files again in the default logos directory.

Here is a link to a corrected teams.dat file:
teams.dat

It needs to be copied into:
iOOTP2011.app/iOOTPData/historical_quickstarts_2011Season.quick

After that just start a new league and all should be good again.

Let me know if you need anymore clarification on the instructions they might be a little murky for some.
tc66tc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 03:14 PM   #8
Hellenstone
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc66tc View Post
Here is a link to a corrected teams.dat file:
teams.dat
Works perfectly!!!

Would be interesting if thats a bug or a feature...
Old 05-31-2011, 07:30 PM   #9
tc66tc
Minors (Single A)

It was part of them having to cover there bases legally. Remember v1.02 took away the real nicknames and added the ability to edit team names. This then took away a possible legal problem for them.

When the game initializes a new league it creates a set of logos based on teamname_nickname.png. Since the teams no longer have nicknames by default it will simply create atlanta.png. But once you go in and change the teams nickname from blank to the Braves it will simply rename the logo file for the league to atlanta_braves.png.

This is why the logo pack quit working. In the default logo directory it was called atlanta_braves.png but when the league initialized and the teams did not have nicknames it would skip the file. Once the league is initialized it will no longer look for whats in the default directory and will stick with the logos generated when the league was initialized and just update the file name to teamname_nickname.png.

The updated teams.dat has the nicknames included so now it works like it used to. Let me know it would have anymore questions on it.
Old 06-01-2011, 05:31 AM   #10
Hellenstone
Minors (Double A)

Exclamation

Quote:
Let me know it would have anymore questions on it.
Thanks for your explanation, I'm not deep inside modding etc.!
So it would not work with logos just named with "cityname.png"??? Because thats the way the fictional logos are created...

One more thing: Something has to be changed for the league data too, because with your fix the leagues logos (MLB, NL, AL) are still fictional.
Any idea?

Last edited by Hellenstone; 06-01-2011 at 05:33 AM.
Hellenstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 03:59 PM   #11
busman
Bat Boy

Quote:
The updated teams.dat has the nicknames included so now it works like it used to. Let me know it would have anymore questions on it.
What tool/software did you use to modify the team.dat in order to add the nicknames? Thanks.
busman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 05:27 PM   #12
tc66tc
Minors (Single A)

The file is just the original that shipped with v1.01 I like to play around with my apps so I always backup (with iFunBox) a copy of the apps full file structure and files, that way I have a clean copy as well.

When I noticed the logos weren't working anymore I used HxD hex editor to look at the files (it just shows the hex data in the file instead of just the ascii characters like notepad will) and noticed the lack of nicknames when compared to the old files.

Pretty simple simple fix. The first time though I when into the game and used the ingame team name editor and once done compared it to the 1.01 file and they then had the same data, team name and nickname. For simplicity I tried to use the 1.01 file and it worked perfectly.
Old 06-01-2011, 05:54 PM   #13
Hellenstone
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grisu_HDH View Post
Something has to be changed for the league data too, because with your fix the leagues logos (MLB, NL, AL) are still fictional.
The MLB logo is now called "majors.png" and no more "major_leagues.png"...
Strange...
Old 06-01-2011, 08:57 PM   #14
Kenn
Bat Boy

Quote:
The MLB logo is now called "majors.png" and no more "major_leagues.png"...
Strange...
Most likely due to Major Leagues being copyrighted [im assuming].

I also found out that you can also just add the nickname manually and it will pick up the logo.

These changes all make sense if you look at them from a legal perspective and also probably why no official word/comment.
Kenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 04:32 AM   #15
Hellenstone
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenn View Post
...you can also just add the nickname manually and it will pick up the logo...
How???
Old 06-02-2011, 06:35 PM   #16
Kenn
Bat Boy

Quote:
How???
Instead of replacing the .dat file here is how you can manually update the teams so that it uses the logos.

Yes its tedious to do it each time, but I dont mind, knowing it will reduce any legal issues.

Using "san_francisco_giants.png" logo as an example.

On the "Manager Home" Screen
-> Manage Team
-> Edit

Team Name: San Francisco
Nickname: Giants

The team name and nickname need to match the logo or else it will use the default logo [e.g. san_francisco_giants.png = San Francisco / Giants]. You will need to do this to each team in order to get it to use the "mod" logos.

If you use "Met" instead of "Mets", for instance, it will use the default logo.
Kenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 11:27 AM   #17
Hellenstone
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenn View Post
Instead of replacing the .dat file here is how you can manually update the teams so that it uses the logos.
Know that!
But how can I chnge the league name from Majors to Major League???