Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 11-11-2019, 12:06 PM   #1
Magus978
All Star Starter

Season 34 (2052) - <insert witty title here>

As the title implies, welcome to the 2052 season.

Still have four teams in perfect, still all getting put in whale hell leagues. After yesterday's heartbreak, I feel like RNGjesus is mocking me again. I'll never win a PL title at this point.

Good luck, have fun, and don't be like me and die.

http://twitch.tv/GanbaMagus

Magus978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 12:12 PM   #2
CrazyWR
All Star Reserve

dying is bad, I agree. Don't choke away your division title and then blow a save in the WC game like the Suns either, thats no fun.
CrazyWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 12:38 PM   #3
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magus978 View Post
As the title implies, welcome to the 2052 season.

Still have four teams in perfect, still all getting put in whale hell leagues. After yesterday's heartbreak, I feel like RNGjesus is mocking me again. I'll never win a PL title at this point.

Good luck, have fun, and don't be like me and die.
Forget about RNGJesus. Focus & guide that sad face into a smile!

One Great Matrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 02:13 PM   #4
Westheim
Hall Of Famer

At some point I will bring up the courage to ask about the not dying thing.

Coons have added Carlton Fisk last week which just burned all their resources and led them nowhere. The Rebels promoted to Perfect with THIS roster and they will be lying in some grapeshot-peppered ditch regurgling their own blood by the end of April. The Accountants didn't change anything because they were narrowly outbid for every card they tried to add to the asset folder...
Attached Images

Resident Mets Cynic - The Mets from 1962 onwards, here.
Westheim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 04:27 PM   #5
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

Not dying

Be uber-careful when crossing roads. Do not get hit by a car.

Old 11-11-2019, 04:52 PM   #6
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

The Louisville Colonels are in P421 this week. The league sports 21 PL championships, spread among 5 teams. I have five of them, and the remaining 16 are in the other conference. However, I am not counting any unhatched chickens after last week's early playoff exit. Here's a detailed rundown on my team, since I haven't posted much about it in a while.

The Colonels' pitching staff features an all-perfect and all right-handed rotation of Young, Johnson, Schilling, Walsh, and Martinez. Young and Schilling have 15 PotY awards and 5 MVP awards between them. Walter (4 yrs) and Walsh (2 yrs) are relative newcomers to the team, pushing Pedro (8 yrs exp) down to a very competent fifth starter. The bullpen includes three lefties in key roles: Eppa Rixey as the stopper, Rube Marquard as the often-used middle reliever, and SE Harry Brecheen as the long man. The three southpaws are frequently the first relief option in a game, which is ideal to face the opposing "vs. RHP" lineup in a key situation. I also have three RHPs in the bullpen: closer Lee Smith, setup man Eric Gagne, and middle reliever Bert Blyleven. Rixey is always the #1 reliever in innings pitched, getting 70-75 appearances and 140-150 innings. Brecheen gets the next most work (60-70 innings), but in the lowest leverage situations. The other four relievers each get 40-50 innings and, as you might expect, Smith and Gagne get the high-leverage innings when Rixey is not available.

THe Colonels allow an average of 400 runs per season due to strong pitching and an emphasis on defense up the middle. The infield defense is anchored by SS Ozzie Smith (120 rating at SS)and 2B Bill Dahlen (114 rating). Ozzie was obtained early last week from the Cardinals missions, and his arrival set up a competition at 2B between the former SS Dahlen and SE Appling. Dahlen was hot in April and he kept the starting job all season. Appling played every fourth day and when Dahlen was needed at short to rest Ozzie. Appling's 90 rating at 2B doesn't hurt me but Dahlen has better range and makes fewer errors (only 4 in 1000 innings last season). If I have an unsettled position going into this week, it would be second base but Dahlen has the job on opening day. Perfect Willie Mays (91 rating) patrols CF and committed only 2 errors in 1200 innings last season with a +9 ZR. The catcher platoon of 92 McCarver (100 rating) and 92 Molina (110 rating) have been with me for many seasons and are above average defensively. Catching is probably the weakest position on the team though, certainly from an offensive standpoint.

A contender also needs to score some runs, so that's where the corner positions and the DH are focused. Perfect Babe Ruth is the DH batting fourth. He plays every game and has a career .903 OPS with 358 HR and 1,110 RBI in 10 PL seasons. The top of the lineup has two LHBs, 100 Wade Boggs (3B) and 100 George Brett (1B), followed by perfect Joe DiMaggio in RF batting third (a RHB between LHBs Brett and Ruth). Perfect Mickey Mantle (a switch-hitter) plays LF and bats fifth with Mays hitting sixth. Perfect Jackie Robinson subs for the corner infield spots against LH pitching. Oscar Charleston (LHB) and perfect Hank Aaron (RHB) backup the outfielders, with DiMaggio sliding to CF if Mays is out of the lineup. I have tried Charleston and Aaron in the starting lineup but, even as a platoon, they do not equal the production of Mantle or DiMaggio. They play like all-stars off the bench though, so it works well for me this way. The team has scored over 900 runs in 8 of the last 9 seasons with a run differential of +478 per year during that time. Of course, the bottom half of the order contributes too, but the offense primarily comes from those top five batters with eight MVP awards between them.

I don't really have any upgrades planned for this team in the near future. I have considered adding a more offensive catcher (Josh Gibson?) and I have also thought about getting perfect Honus Wagner back (I had him many seasons ago) to play 2B. I am not sure either of those moves, or another pitcher, would improve the team enough to justify the cost. However, I continue to earn 25-30K points per week and I will spend them eventually. I don't collect live cards, so opening packs only to sell 70% of the cards doesn't really interest me. I might spend my points on cards specifically for tournament use if that feature turns out to be interesting for me. I will be giving tourneys a try this week.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 08:04 PM   #7
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

Having trouble with replays/highlights today

(The replay could not be downloaded! Please try again.)
Old 11-11-2019, 08:59 PM   #8
JasonC23
All Star Reserve

P412: Never Tell Me the Odds

P412 is going to be a challenging league! Your 5-time (yay!) Perfect League champion Huntley Red Raiders, situated in the NC East with no other former Perfect League champions, are off to a fantastic 13-3 start, but it's the NC West that is the real story, as the division houses two more 5-time Perfect League champions: RealMadrid El Blanco, who earned one of their Perfect medallions with a 7-game victory over Huntley back in 2047 and are off to a 14-4 start, and the Virginia Beach Freaks, who are 15-0! A bevy of Diamond champions populate the rest of the NC, which means that even if the 5-timers keep up these hot starts and claim 3 of the NC playoff spots, there are 2 that are truly up for grabs--good luck to all!

Meanwhile, the P412 AC...whoa. The AC East is home to 7-time Perfect League champion Slumberton Slumlords, 5-time Perfect League champion Texas Texans, and 4-time Perfect League champion Jonestown Athletics, not to mention 2-time Diamond champs Pistol Pete Cowboys. Good luck to the Tungsten Turtles.... The AC Central features 4 former Diamond champs, while the AC West houses the 4-time Perfect League champion Los Angeles Bruins...and the Aina Haina Parakeets! OMGPuppies!

League overview with current standings follows...
Attached Images

JasonC23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 09:41 PM   #9
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

After getting distracted a bit by th.....

oooohhhh, shiny...is that? is that a? is that a tournament?

...e tournaments a little bit, the Frogs are checking in from P415.

The Frogs just so happen to be the most decorated team in P415, with 3 PL titles. It's not a whale-palooza type of league for sure. And the Frogs *should* rise to the top of their division. We have only one other division-mate that *usually* posts a winning record at Perfect level. Famous last words...The Frogs began the week 1-4, but have picked up the pace considerably with a 13-5 overall mark and an embryonic 2-game division lead.

That said, there are a couple of other teams to keep a close eye on in the NC. First and foremost is pappyzan's OL team...I dub them the "Baby Senators." The Baby Senators seem to have been separated from their OL brethren. And while this team is not decorated with 10-ish PL titles like the flagship LyinCheatin Senators team, a pappyzan team is always one to be mindful of. That this team has jumped out to a division lead surprises me not at all. In addition to the Baby Senators, the Philadelphia Bulldogs are a doubly-titled PL team. For some reason their lineup has the shortstop spot blank right now, but one can see a team able to mash with the better of them. Their pitching isn't quite as good as a whale team's normally would be, but the offense is skrong!

Over in the other conference, shelk's Bridgeville Bucs and realhotsnow's LG Twins (the secondary team of a whale) both have 2 titles to their names. We'll allow them to beat each other up for the time being.

I wish I had priced my random extra LaValliere's and Gwynn's and Alou's and Aparicio's a bit higher on the AH seeing how the tournaments craze has completely sold me out of useful tourney cards like these with a quickness. Ah well.

waittilnextyear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 01:15 AM   #10
Catchthedamnball
Minors (Double A)

he Mashers have started 17-7. The offense is clicking and the pitching (see: McCullers Jr., Lance) has started relatively strong. Even my makeshift bullpen has held up.

Eek! I don't want to get promoted. I'd be an absolute doormat in Perfect.

Catchthedamnball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 05:35 AM   #11
old timer
Hall Of Famer

The Raccoons ended April in last place. It's been a while since that happened. We're not really doing that badly though. Our RDiff is 4th and our Pyt record is 3rd. Bizarrely, we're 2-10 on the road and 12-2 at home. We're also only 1-6 in 1-run games.

Our division is pretty tough. Denver has 8 perfect titles, Tassie has 6 titles, Cottage Grove has 7 titles, we have 7 titles and while Neutonia has only 1, they did win 107 games last year and 122 two years before that so they're pretty good too. So we're in a division with no weaklings. Quite the contrast to last season. It's the first time I've been in a division like this... Should be interesting!

So the AC West has 29 titles while the rest of the AC has only 6. The NC has only 1 team with any perfect titles (Fog Town) and they've got 7. So that's AC West 29, AC-NC Rest 13.
Attached Images

Last edited by old timer; 11-12-2019 at 05:40 AM.
old timer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 09:36 AM   #12
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

Tough 10-16 start here, too.

A couple seasons ago I straightened out a 9-15 start but a few other times bad luck hung around all week.

Old 11-12-2019, 09:42 AM   #13
CrazyWR
All Star Reserve

PL 419 has way too many whales but thankfully 3 of them are all in the same division so 2 will play each other in the WC game and then that winner will play the other so I'll just walk to my division title and then lose in the CS. Can't wait for Sunday!
CrazyWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 01:51 PM   #14
sharknut
All Star Reserve

My Clippers went to the Perfect World Series last year.

This year, same team, 8-24.

sharknut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 02:24 PM   #15
Westheim
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharknut View Post
My Clippers went to the Perfect World Series last year.
No they didn't. You'd have a perfect ribbon in your Clippers bar.

Old 11-12-2019, 02:48 PM   #16
sharknut
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westheim View Post
No they didn't. You'd have a perfect ribbon in your Clippers bar.
Heh, got my Clippers mixed up. My OOTP19 Clippers made their series. My XX Clippers were in Diamond last year and got promoted. Too many games going on with the tournaments now, I can't keep **** straight.

Last edited by sharknut; 11-12-2019 at 02:49 PM.
sharknut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 03:11 PM   #17
Dogberry99
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharknut View Post
Heh, got my Clippers mixed up. My OOTP19 Clippers made their series. My XX Clippers were in Diamond last year and got promoted. Too many games going on with the tournaments now, I can't keep **** straight.
Me: AHHH!!! The Doug Jones I need to complete my Astros missions!!!

Me:

Me: I'm logged into 19, are I.

Primary Team

Collection Rewards (Cards & Packs) F2P Theme Team

Movers F2P Theme and Adam Schlesinger Memorial Team
Dogberry99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 03:14 PM   #18
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

celebrate the little victories in life, cause you never know if they'll come around again....

my bunch from Waffletown are currently one of only three teams to defeat the New Orleans Brees this season tagged a loss on perfect Cy Young....

might be the high point of my season depending on how things go, so gonna relish the moment.
Attached Images
Image Image 
stl jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 04:46 PM   #19
Westheim
Hall Of Famer

Raccoons just above .500, Accountants right at .500, and the Rebels are being routed right now (although they started out like 6-5 or so) ...

Biggest news might be KC picking up a 1968 Bob Gibson to shore up the rotation. Whiffed 12 in eight innings in his first start right away.

Old 11-12-2019, 08:38 PM   #20
bailey
Hall Of Famer

I face the mighty Bronx Bombers, proud owners of 3 more rings than I, for the first time in an Historical Round Robin of 16. My Cy Young (100) beats his Cy Young (100).
Attached Images
bailey is offline   Reply With Quote