Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 3 > Franchise Hockey Manager 3 - General Discussion

Franchise Hockey Manager 3 - General Discussion Talk about our latest hockey manager game, officially licensed by the NHL!

Old 09-23-2016, 01:55 PM   #1
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Talking Franchise Hockey Manager 3 - Officially licensed by the NHL - Pre-order now!

Update 10/11: We have pushed back the official release by two weeks. I have changed this post accordingly.

Dear hockey fans,

today is a special day for us, as we have just officially announced Franchise Hockey Manager 3 - Officially licensed by the NHL!

Sebastian, Jeff, Malte, Daniela and many supporters from our community have worked very hard to create the most realistic and fun hockey management game available, and I am sure you will agree and enjoy FHM 3 once it is released at the end of October.

If you pre-order now, you will save 25% (the game is $29.99 right now and $39.99 after release) and also get access to Beta versionof FHM 3 on October 17th.

Read about the announcement and info on how to pre-order in our latest newsletter:
Announcing Franchise Hockey Manager 3 - Pre-Order Now!

Tonight we'll have a live Twitch stream at 9 pm ET where we'll talk about the game and its new features! Don't miss it!

www.twitch.tv/OOTPDevelopments

Cheers,
Markus

Last edited by Markus Heinsohn; 10-11-2016 at 07:20 AM.
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 02:00 PM   #2
Anton
Minors (Double A)

Congratulations!
Anton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 02:22 PM   #3
Torgonius
All Star Reserve

Congrats! I'm looking forward to seeing the improvements.
Torgonius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 02:28 PM   #4
Romagoth
Major Leagues

Awesome news. Very excited to see the new game and its improvements. Your team has not disappointed.
Romagoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 02:37 PM   #5
glenmere14
Minors (Triple A)

Pre-ordered!
glenmere14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 03:01 PM   #6
Robmeister89
Minors (Double A)

Awesome! Is the online league import/export issues fixed?!

I'll be pre-ordering next Friday for sure!
Robmeister89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 03:25 PM   #7
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robmeister89 View Post
Awesome! Is the online league import/export issues fixed?!

I'll be pre-ordering next Friday for sure!
Sorry, we had to remove online league functionality. It is not clear if and when we are able to offer saves that are compatible from version to version. It makes no sense to offer online leagues until we have such feature. So if online leagues are the only reason for you to buy the game, please don't.

This year, with the NHL license, we fully concentrated on the modern, real world game and immersion.
Old 09-23-2016, 03:40 PM   #8
Robmeister89
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian Palkowski View Post
Sorry, we had to remove online league functionality. It is not clear if and when we are able to offer saves that are compatible from version to version. It makes no sense to offer online leagues until we have such feature. So if online leagues are the only reason for you to buy the game, please don't.

This year, with the NHL license, we fully concentrated on the modern, real world game and immersion.
Is this sarcasm? Seriously? Why would you remove online league functionality?
Robmeister89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 03:43 PM   #9
Hank1974
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robmeister89 View Post
Is this sarcasm? Seriously? Why would you remove online league functionality?
I really hope this is sarcasm.
It's literally the only reason I bought FHM2. And I did it to support ongoing versions.

Serious bummer if this is true.
Hank1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 03:51 PM   #10
TNIRISHFAN
Minors (Single A)

Quote:

Wow this is a real kick to the crotch. I guess I won't be buying this game. Man talk about going from excited to pissed in a matter of minutes. I can't believe this.
https://simsportsgaming.com
@ootpmanager on twitter
TNIRISHFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 03:56 PM   #11
Rayzor
All Star Starter

Love the screen shots on the Pre-Order screen....will pre-order soon.
Rayzor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 04:01 PM   #12
Hoiles
All Star Reserve

The screenshots look very promising, looking forward to this version...
Hoiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 04:16 PM   #13
beezer2434
Minors (Triple A)

Preordered, excited cant wait!!
beezer2434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 04:17 PM   #14
beezer2434
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
Dear hockey fans,

today is a special day for us, as we have just officially announced Franchise Hockey Manager 3 - Officially licensed by the NHL!

Sebastian, Jeff, Malte, Daniela and many supporters from our community have worked very hard to create the most realistic and fun hockey management game available, and I am sure you will agree and enjoy FHM 3 once it is released on October 17.

If you pre-order now, you will save 25% (the game is $29.99 right now and $39.99 after release) and also get access to the Gold Master Beta version three days prior to the official launch.

Read about the announcement and info on how to pre-order in our newsletter:
Announcing Franchise Hockey Manager 3 - Pre-Order Now!

Tonight we'll have a live Twitch stream at 9 pm ET where we'll talk about the game and its new features! Don't miss it!

www.twitch.tv/OOTPDevelopments

Cheers,
Markus
Will there be a link to the recording of this if we miss it?
beezer2434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 04:17 PM   #15
brent_dog
Minors (Single A)

Quote:

I'd urge you to reconsider doing away with online leagues. This is a massive PR own-goal and something that will leave a lot of people - myself included - extremely disappointed.
brent_dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 04:27 PM   #16
BlackIce
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by brent_dog View Post
I'd urge you to reconsider doing away with online leagues. This is a massive PR own-goal and something that will leave a lot of people - myself included - extremely disappointed.
I'll second this... truthfully.. if leagues need to restart everytime a new version is released then I'm sure alot of us (including myself) can bite the bullet until you gentleman can implement a transfer option.

We have two leagues with well over 60 people dedicated to this area of the game, and handfuls of others who have been looking forward to this area of the game, thats alot of people!!

I do hope you guys reconsider.
BlackIce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 04:32 PM   #17
croatian
All Star Starter

sucks to see there is no online mode, but this screens looks very promising, so I hope modern game mode is great better be :P
croatian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 04:33 PM   #18
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Regarding online leagues:

That was not an easy decision but with a lot of work and time (and money) going into the NHL license and our survey showing that only a tiny group is interested in online leagues, we had to make this decision. The way FHM works at the moment (with all this playable leagues, international, ...) there was no way for us to make it good. And before we make it bad and people rightfully complain about it, we remove it until compatible saves are possible and we have the time to make this mode good. I totaly understand when you are not happy about it but I think it is fair to not have it in and you not buying it then have it bad in it, you pay money for it and it does not work.
Old 09-23-2016, 04:34 PM   #19
croatian
All Star Starter

did you aquire IIHF license ? I see at one screens it writes "iihf world championship"
croatian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 04:37 PM   #20
Rayzor
All Star Starter

Can we move save games from FHM2 to FHM3?
Rayzor is online now   Reply With Quote