Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 14 > OOTP 14 - Historical Simulations

OOTP 14 - Historical Simulations Discuss historical simulations and their results in this forum.

Old 04-21-2013, 08:22 PM   #1
MightyQuinn
Minors (Double A)

Questions on doing Historical.

I wanted to start out in 1871 but have been told the about the limits and inaccuracy of the team. So I decided to start in 1901.

I really didnt want to change to much of the settings, just wanted to manage a team until fired, then moving on to another team. I started out with the Philadelphia Athletics as I wanted to see how the movement of the team went to Kansas City then Oakland and I am from Philly.

I played 1901 finished 78-62 (real 74-62-1) & 1902 finished 73-67 (real 83-53-1) In 1903 after numerous injuries and going 16-26 I got fired and took the role of the New York Giants who were last in NL division and started out 6-1 after taking over then injuries hit again.

I didnt want to change alot of the settings but needed to change the injuries to very low (didnt help much) after getting fired because I am not sure what I did wrong as there were no players in Free Agent or minors.

Also during the middle of the seasons, I kept getting notices of minor league coaches contract expirying and leaving, which I didnt hire any and there were no players on the rosters. Cant seem to find that setting.

So when I set up I choose...
Step 1. Deadball Era, marked off box for Import complete history up to 1901. Left on Career Play.

Step 2. Only added Division Names American/National.

Step 3. Marked boxes for each of the minor league affiliates.

Step 4. Didnt change anything.

Step 5. Didn change anything

Step 6. Put my info in but calculated my birth year to be my age in 1901 since I was born well after 1901.

I selected the Philadephia Athletics to manage, Did not mark box for commisioner mode.

Game Name - Deadball Era, starting year 1901.

The only things I changed was

Injury Frequency from Low to Very Low
Delayed Injury Diagnosis to Never
Keep Career splits/stats (3) - Keep All

I dont want to have to maintain personnel in the minors. In all the leagues I have been in, never had to do that, so what setting am I missing to change that ?

And did I set something up wrong that there are no available players by free agency or some pool to get players when needed due to all the injuries ?

I noticed all the minors have a manager, hitting & pitching coach execpt my short season which doesnt have a manager. Not finding a place to get one.

Any suggestions would be appreciate and any problems that you might have run into when trying to play from 1901 or any year...

What I am trying to do is manager from 1901 up to date and see how long I can stay with a team before getting fired. Or how many times I get fired before I get to 2014.
MightyQuinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 09:56 PM   #2
scott1964
Hall Of Famer

I use a reserve roster, until I added the minors (AAA and AA now)

PETA.....People Eating Tasty Animals.

scott1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 10:04 PM   #3
The Game
Hall Of Famer

I have seen a thread or 2 of people complaining about injuries being too high on 14 vs 13, since i am on 13 I suggest you check those out. As far as hiring a mgr. Under League Menu you should see Available Personal, from there you can hire a mgr for your minors. Expect to get fired every 2-3 seasons at best. In a test league on 11 the longest I lasted was 8 yrs with the Murderers Row NY Yankees 1925-1932. In my current historical league i was hired and fired by 3 teams in one year. 1878 (might have year wrong) Chicago White Stockings, Boston Red Stockings & St Louis Brown Stockings. I like Sox what can I say.
You say you checked teh box for minors? How many levels? There are never enough players to fill up beyond AAA (and even AAA will only have 5 or so players) until 5 yrs down the road. From your personal screen you can see the team drop down box that will allow you to vie all te teams in your organization & league. Also from you team transactions screen you should have your ML listed/40 man roster/DL list and then you can choose at least one more whether it is your AAA. AA etc, waivers etc. Bigger resolution you see more boxes. I would post screenshots but I am in the middle of a game. Also although I am on 13 I know this hasn't changed on 14.
The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 04:52 PM   #4
sprague
All Star Starter

ya hainng minor leagues is really not of much value in a historical replay as their are not enough players to fill them, unless you have the spritze hs database then their are lots of players

as for the A's, they were not really that good of a team 1901-03, it is not until later in the decade they became a winning powerhouse- did you trade nap lajoie to pitsburgh to get rube waddell, then make pitts trade lajoie to cleveland for a good player in 1902
that would tend to make things more realistic to start up for the A's
also an issue can be connie mack's strategy settings which has everything as far to teh right as possible. bringing those settings a bit more towards teh center might help give the team a bit more balanced approach during games as well
sprague is offline   Reply With Quote