Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 14 > OOTP 14 - Historical Simulations

OOTP 14 - Historical Simulations Discuss historical simulations and their results in this forum.

Old 05-11-2013, 10:40 AM   #1
bigsmooth
Major Leagues

All-star game

I have recently started a historical league; and I elected to hold an All-Star game, but it never allows me to select the rosters --- have been tryiing this for 3 seasons now ---- what can I possibly doing wrong?

I go to LEAGUE SETUP and check HOLD ALL STAR GAME.
bigsmooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 01:54 PM   #2
bigsmooth
Major Leagues

I know this probably is not the right place to put this post - but would really appreciate some advice.

I have tried "ASK COMPUTER" for the All Star rosters - that doesn't work; everytime I manually do it - says rosters not filled out correctly. What am I doing wrong?
Old 05-11-2013, 03:36 PM   #3
The Game
Hall Of Famer

How many pitchers and batters are you choosing? i believe you have to have at least 10 pitchers. I thought you could set how many make the teams but i stopped manually selecting my All stars.
The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 03:42 PM   #4
bigsmooth
Major Leagues

I would stop manually selecting them as well if the Computer GM would set them - when I hit ASK COMPUTER it does nothing. Is this because I am in Commissioner mode?

Or does it have something to do with real life baseball and the first All Star game not happening until 1933?
Old 05-11-2013, 03:58 PM   #5
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsmooth View Post
I would stop manually selecting them as well if the Computer GM would set them - when I hit ASK COMPUTER it does nothing. Is this because I am in Commissioner mode?

Or does it have something to do with real life baseball and the first All Star game not happening until 1933?
Does it have the game scheduled? I know in my historical league I have had the ASG since 1871. in my other starting in 1901 I Don;t have it. If the option to select the All stars shows up i would imagine that the game is scheduled.
The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 05:19 PM   #6
bigsmooth
Major Leagues

Game is scheduled ---- I hit ASK COMPUTER for the ALL STAR input and they are not selected ---- what causes this?

I don't want to manually select the ALL STAR roster - any help?

Thanks!!!
Old 05-11-2013, 05:37 PM   #7
bigsmooth
Major Leagues

Game is scheduled ---- I manually select the rosters 10 pitchers and 15 position players ---- the game accepts that --- forward to the date I have it scheduled (16 JULY 1917) and the game is not on the schedule ---- it is a regularly scheduled set of games ---- What can I do to correct this?
Old 05-11-2013, 11:01 PM   #8
VanillaGorilla
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsmooth View Post
Game is scheduled ---- I manually select the rosters 10 pitchers and 15 position players ---- the game accepts that --- forward to the date I have it scheduled (16 JULY 1917) and the game is not on the schedule ---- it is a regularly scheduled set of games ---- What can I do to correct this?
You are using historical settings with evolution based on history. There was no All Star game in 1917. That is why you don't have one. In 1933 you will get one.
VanillaGorilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 03:15 PM   #9
bigsmooth
Major Leagues

That is what I thought but why doesn't the game block out that option if they won't allow toy to schedule and hold an All Star Game?
Old 05-13-2013, 10:46 AM   #10
Le Grande Orange
Hall Of Famer

I'd point out, for the historical sticklers, that the roster size for the All-Star Game has changed several times over the years. OOTP does not model such changes. There is also the matter of DH usage, which has also changed (and which is not modelled).
Le Grande Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 12:41 PM   #11
bigsmooth
Major Leagues

I just don't understand if you cannot add/schduled/select ALL STARS until 1933; why it is even an option on LEAGUE SETUP - perhaps it should be grayed out as unavailable until you can in fact schedule it.