Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - General Discussions

OOTP 19 - General Discussions Everything about the 2018 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 03-23-2018, 07:07 AM   #1
nyy26wc
All Star Reserve

Neutralizing park factors

I would like to set up some test leagues with different configurations. I would like to be able to eliminate park factors during those tests. I want everyone playing in only neutral stadiums.

I want to run test leagues that run from 1901-2017. When I set up the league, I went into league settings, then edit ballparks and assigned neutral park factors to all parks.The problem is, once the league advances to 1902, it reimports those season's park factors and everyone is no longer playing in neutral parks.

I want to set up the league to run on autopilot. Having to stop the league, to neutralize the parks for every season, would make it unbearable to try to run my tests.

How can I set it up so that every stadium retains the neutral park factors year after year, as well as all new stadiums that come into existance over the course of time are also neutral?

Last edited by nyy26wc; 03-23-2018 at 07:28 AM.
nyy26wc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 02:01 PM   #2
nyy26wc
All Star Reserve

I tried this:

In the "database" folder, I found the era_ballparks file that looks like it contains the park factors. I opened it in Excel and edited the file to make all of the ballpark factors to be 1.000. I saved the file, keeping it a comma delimed file with the same name.

I then tried creating a new test league. In that test league, all of the park factors were their original figures. None of them reflected any of the changes I made.In the era_ballparks file, I even changed the name of Yankee Stadium to name it after my dog. I changed the 2017 Yankees line to name the stadium after her and then created the league as a historical league that started in 2017. But, when I created the league, instead of the Yankees playing in Mollie Stadium, with all park factors of 1.000, the Yankees were playing in Yankee Stadium III, with all park factors of 1.025.

Does anyone know where I went wrong here?
Old 03-23-2018, 03:13 PM   #3
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyy26wc View Post
I tried this:

In the "database" folder, I found the era_ballparks file that looks like it contains the park factors. I opened it in Excel and edited the file to make all of the ballpark factors to be 1.000. I saved the file, keeping it a comma delimed file with the same name.

I then tried creating a new test league. In that test league, all of the park factors were their original figures. None of them reflected any of the changes I made.In the era_ballparks file, I even changed the name of Yankee Stadium to name it after my dog. I changed the 2017 Yankees line to name the stadium after her and then created the league as a historical league that started in 2017. But, when I created the league, instead of the Yankees playing in Mollie Stadium, with all park factors of 1.000, the Yankees were playing in Yankee Stadium III, with all park factors of 1.025.

Does anyone know where I went wrong here?
That will only work if you do not use the historical ballparks mod, which is a very cool mod if you use the wonderful 3-D features. If you use the historical ballparks mod, you must stop and go into Game > Game Settings > League Settings > Functions > Edit Ballparks > Actions (top right corner > select "Assign neutral park factors to all parks". The game will then assign neutral park factors to every park in your game...Which will then be undone again on the first day of the offseason...And so on, and so on, and so on. I used to do this until this year, but then again I didn't use 3-D stuff until this year. There are a whole bunch of settings that I have to set on the first day of each offseason, as I'm a very finicky OOTPer and they all get switched back to default settings on me. Makes running a test sim harder, but not impossible.
actionjackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 03:22 PM   #4
nyy26wc
All Star Reserve

The only mod that I have installed is the 2016 All in One mod. Would that include that historical ballpark mod that is preventing this from working.

I don't see a way to uninstall that mod. So, instead if I just uninstall OOTP and then reinstall, that should be the same thing as uninstalling the mod and restoring the game to its original condition. At least, in theory. Hopefully, it would work as well in practice as it sounds in theory.

Last edited by nyy26wc; 03-23-2018 at 03:23 PM.
Old 03-23-2018, 04:51 PM   #5
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyy26wc View Post
The only mod that I have installed is the 2016 All in One mod. Would that include that historical ballpark mod that is preventing this from working.

I don't see a way to uninstall that mod. So, instead if I just uninstall OOTP and then reinstall, that should be the same thing as uninstalling the mod and restoring the game to its original condition. At least, in theory. Hopefully, it would work as well in practice as it sounds in theory.
Hmmm...Maybe the Out of the Park Developments team changed how ballpark factors work this year, and maybe they don't come from that folder anymore. I wouldn't uninstall/re-install over something as simple as this. If it is working as they intended it to work, it may all be much ado about nothing.
actionjackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 07:49 PM   #6
nyy26wc
All Star Reserve

I had time to kill, so I decided why not uninstall/reinstall. Doing so doesn't affect the test league that I just run, so I gave it a shot. Even after reinstalling, changing the park factors, and the stadium name, in that file didn't have any effect. So, we can eliminate the mod as being the factor here.