Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 17 > OOTP 17 - Technical Support > Bug Reports Forum

Bug Reports Forum Post bug reports here please!

Old 08-03-2016, 08:41 PM   #601
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spritze View Post
and a number of other items.

Quite a number of the AI weirdnesses reported in this thread are solved if Ghost Players are not used with Real Minors. I have not found so far that doing this adds any new weirdnesses.

Praise and Thanks to Markus for this tip!
What do you recommend we do when the game won't move forward due to an illegal roster?
David Watts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 09:19 PM   #602
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Watts View Post
What do you recommend we do when the game won't move forward due to an illegal roster?
Once the next build is released that won't happen no more as long as ghost players are off. The AI fills the rosters now from the free agent pool. I have tested 1919 - 1932 so far with no challenges so it is looking good. I'm hopeful so far. The MLB and MiLB reserve rosters are still too large but that will be adjusted in version 18.

MLB should be around 15 and MiLB around 10. See the attached file for the particulars. This will be automated in OOTP18.
Attached Files
File Type: txt MiLBRosterSizes.txt (1.8 KB, 55 views)
Old 08-03-2016, 09:48 PM   #603
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Once the next build is released that won't happen no more as long as ghost players are off. The AI fills the rosters now from the free agent pool. I have tested 1919 - 1932 so far with no challenges so it is looking good. I'm hopeful so far. The MLB and MiLB reserve rosters are still too large but that will be adjusted in version 18.

MLB should be around 15 and MiLB around 10. See the attached file for the particulars. This will be automated in OOTP18.
Great news.
David Watts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 11:43 AM   #604
risp2out
All Star Reserve

Buck Crouse. His DOB is listed here as 1896. In BBref and Wikipedia, it's given as 1897. Either way, he certainly wasn't 24 years in 1923, as shown on his Real Life Stats. What gives?
Attached Images
risp2out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 01:49 PM   #605
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

The age part is not a database error so the game barfed on him in some way. I'll send this to the clean up crew. AND I'll fix his birth year.
Old 08-06-2016, 03:09 PM   #606
risp2out
All Star Reserve

Quote:
The age part is not a database error so the game barfed on him in some way. I'll send this to the clean up crew. AND I'll fix his birth year.
I don't know if this is helpful, but he WAS 24 when his first minor league stats are recorded in BBRef. He was in the Central League in 1921. I'm guessing that since the Central League isn't represented in the game, maybe OOTP is somehow shifting his age over to his first year in a league that is in-game. (????)

Now, a follow up question for you, Sir Spritze. In the game, I have recalc (3-year FWIW) selected at the major league level. When I look at the league settings for the minor leagues, recalc is not selected automatically. Should I select it there, as well, to have consistent results? What is the effect of selecting or not selecting recalc at the minor league level in historical games? Thanks. (Oh, and by the way, you can only get to the "Historical" settings screen in the minors by being there in the majors, and then changing the league in the drop-down menu on the upper right-hand side. If you go directly into the minor league, no "Historical" tab appears in league settings. That's weird, huh?)
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image 
Old 08-06-2016, 03:20 PM   #607
risp2out
All Star Reserve

Quote:

That is, indeed, great news for those of us who like the Olde Tymey baseball. HOWEVER, I just started a game this morning in the new build, and ghost players were on by default. I turned them off, and indeed, got better results. There is, however, no way to limit the reserve roster sizes at any league level. Here's the funny thing: Even without a reserve roster size, the game seems to be keeping the major league reserve rosters to right around 15 players. In the minors, however, the teams are piling up reserve players at a far greater rate. Was that your experience in your tests?
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image Image 
Old 08-06-2016, 04:14 PM   #608
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Quote:
Originally Posted by risp2out View Post
That is, indeed, great news for those of us who like the Olde Tymey baseball. HOWEVER, I just started a game this morning in the new build, and ghost players were on by default. I turned them off, and indeed, got better results. There is, however, no way to limit the reserve roster sizes at any league level. There may be in OOTP18 Here's the funny thing: Even without a reserve roster size, the game seems to be keeping the major league reserve rosters to right around 15 players. But not by design I don't believe In the minors, however, the teams are piling up reserve players at a far greater rate. Was that your experience in your tests? Yes
I had to release minor league players to free agency to keep from running out of them. If I did not some leagues were empty. When reserve roster limits get added this necessity will go away.
Old 08-06-2016, 04:17 PM   #609
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Quote:
Originally Posted by risp2out View Post
Now, a follow up question for you, Sir Spritze. In the game, I have recalc (3-year FWIW) selected at the major league level. When I look at the league settings for the minor leagues, recalc is not selected automatically. Should I select it there, as well, to have consistent results? What is the effect of selecting or not selecting recalc at the minor league level in historical games? Thanks. (Oh, and by the way, you can only get to the "Historical" settings screen in the minors by being there in the majors, and then changing the league in the drop-down menu on the upper right-hand side. If you go directly into the minor league, no "Historical" tab appears in league settings. That's weird, huh?)
I did not know this selection existed for minor leagues until now. I have no idea how or if it works.
Old 08-11-2016, 01:01 PM   #610
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

FYI: There are a few affiliated leagues that will be dropped from OOTP18 as BBref lists few players in them if any. I have the guides for these years/leagues and will be adding the players for them over time. Eventually they will be reactivated so don't panic if they are your favorite leagues.
Old 08-21-2016, 01:24 PM   #611
nyy26wc
All Star Reserve

When I start a historical league, players were given an entire year of service time, for any year in which they had appeared in the majors.

I created a test league that started in 2000. For example, after the 2000 season, Brian Giles was a free agent. Giles started his career by playing in 6 games for the Indians in 1995. So, he was charged an entire year of service time towards his 6 years in the majors.

I remember there was a similar issue a few editions of OOTP ago. I believe the issue was easily fixed by having a revised database issued, which calculated service time based on prorating how many of the players games that year were in the majors, compared to the minors. Is there any chance that a similar fix could be available for this year's edition?
nyy26wc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 02:34 PM   #612
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyy26wc View Post
I remember there was a similar issue a few editions of OOTP ago. I believe the issue was easily fixed by having a revised database issued, which calculated service time based on prorating how many of the players games that year were in the majors, compared to the minors. Is there any chance that a similar fix could be available for this year's edition?
The database does not cowculate service time. The OOTP 18 program does. This issue should be reported one level up in this same forum. I don't know if those programmerers visit this level very often.
Old 08-21-2016, 02:38 PM   #613
nyy26wc
All Star Reserve

Quote:
The database does not cowculate service time. The OOTP 18 program does. This issue should be reported one level up in this same forum. I don't know if those programmerers visit this level very often.
Thanks. I will take care of that right now.
nyy26wc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 07:44 AM   #614
Germaniac
Hall Of Famer

I have a historical sim I started with v16 and converted into v17.

All these seasons (I simmed from 1901 - 1968 and then took over the Seattle Pilots in 1969) ran perfectly ... and it continued through 1979.

The league then took a back-seat to my fictional leagues, so I didn't play it all that much, and so I just came across the rookie draft.

When the draft pool was created it had only 10 players.

The path to your database was correct - to make sure I ran several test leagues and it always came down to this draft pool.

I even backed up my v16-backup and ran a test in v16 and ended up with that.

Do you have any idea what may be wrong here ?
Attached Images
that might not be a satisfactory answer.

Happy Chandler, 1947
Germaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 11:51 AM   #615
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Possibly this.....

There is a bug that shows up occasionally where a draft class is delayed a year. It has been reported but not yet found.
Old 08-25-2016, 12:59 PM   #616
Germaniac
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Possibly this.....

There is a bug that shows up occasionally where a draft class is delayed a year. It has been reported but not yet found.
Thanks !

That's what I thought ...

I moved on, but in 1981 I had just one player in the draft before the number increased to 29 players in 1982.

Do you think there is a chance that the missing players eventually will show up ?

Or are they lost forever ?

BTW, I ran the tests with your database as well as the "original" database and had the same results, so this obviously has nothing to do with your database.

Happy Chandler, 1947
Old 08-25-2016, 01:43 PM   #617
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germaniac View Post
Do you think there is a chance that the missing players eventually will show up ? Yes. They are just delayed AFAIK
Hopefully this Bug will be squashed eventually.
Old 08-25-2016, 05:24 PM   #618
Germaniac
Hall Of Famer

Thanks a lot !!

Happy Chandler, 1947
Old 08-29-2016, 10:24 AM   #619
svn
Bat Boy

minor league team relocates - new coaches

In my historical sim, one of my minor league teams moved and all of its coaches got changed to new ones.

Also, it was an Oakland A's sim and there were two Jose Canseco's. Mine wasn't as good as "The Chemist" one that appeared in the draft later that year.

Thanks!
svn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 01:37 PM   #620
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Quote:
Originally Posted by svn View Post
In my historical sim, one of my minor league teams moved and all of its coaches got changed to new ones. The database has nothing to do with coaches.

Also, it was an Oakland A's sim and there were two Jose Canseco's. Mine wasn't as good as "The Chemist" one that appeared in the draft later that year. What year?

Thanks!
I have not been able to find two Jose's as yet.