Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Dynasty Reports
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP Dynasty Reports Tell us about the OOTP dynasties you have built!

Old 11-02-2019, 11:54 AM   #461
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clovidequano Dovatha View Post
Well, then, how can I perhaps get others interested in my threads again? Just curious, that's all. CD out.
That is tough to answer... all dynasty writers want to have a lot of viewers and people interested in their dynasty leagues.

To have a successful dynasty report, in my opinion, you must have an interesting concept to begin it... have the best graphics you can find... good logos, jerseys, caps with traditional colors... not weird colors like you prefer... plus a good map of the country, if it is a fictional league... write well... use good spelling and grammar... have good storylines... good dialogue... humor... and entertain viewers somehow, some way.

You have to get the reader involved in your dynasty.

You must also make a pleasing presentation with good graphics on your pages... Create a newspaper and use it for your dynasty report presentation... one guy made it appear it was a novel... he actually convinced me that he was writing a real novel... it was an extremely interesting story... I don't remember the writer's name... sadly, he didn't continue the dynasty... it didn't last long.

Also check out the beginning of reds1 great dynasty... it is one of the best IMO... see it here: https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com/...d.php?t=255053
reds1 has a great presentation, wonderful dialogue, complete history of the country Braeland… he involves the greatest real life baseball player ever... the great Babe Ruth... and his graphics are to die for.... I wish he would do my graphics.

A good sense of humor and good storytelling can really set a dynasty apart... but these type of dynasties are rare... comedy is not easy... good graphics are not easy to get, either.

An interesting dynasty report must motivate the viewers to get involved with comments, posting and opinions... the dynasty writer must get the readers to be immersed into their fictional world... that requires talent.

Post daily if you can... the more you post, the more likely people will read your dynasty... BUT, it has to have elements in it that they enjoy.
If there is no interest in a dynasty, posting daily and often will not make a difference.

My Islandian Pro Alliance is just fair-to-middling as far as dynasties... the IPA has lasted so long because I post often... have good graphics done by the best graphics guys... and have been doing it so long.
Actually, I don't have storylines, dialogue or humor... I think I have a good concept... a so-so map... one day I will try to get some talented mapmaker create one for me like Sizeman21 did for the North Island Recreational League... I also plan to some how update all the graphics, logos, jerseys and caps... that is a huge task to update 64 teams.

The IPA is just a "Stats Dump"... it is pretty much just a long-running statistic report... that's all.
But it is good enough to have good viewership... so I must be doing something right.

To make it an epic dynasty, it would take someone far more talented than me.

I can get the good graphics... have a good concept... post often... and cover the stats in the league... but that's is not enough to be a special dynasty.

Last edited by Eugene Church; 11-02-2019 at 12:21 PM.
Eugene Church is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2019, 12:27 PM   #462
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

Location: Somewhere in the United States of America on God's Earth
Think you could ask if anyone might want to see the graphics I've already done? If there's enough interest, maybe I could share them later, then. Then maybe others could comment on them and all, you know. Just wondering, that's all. CD out.

Proverbs 16:7 KJV
Romans 12:18 KJV
Philippians 2:1-11 KJV

DeviantArt:

https://www.deviantart.com/clovidequano-dovatha

GBA:

https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com/...d.php?t=316515

EC's IPA:

https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com/...d.php?t=158631

Updates to my various threads may be delayed or sporadic, and requests may still be some time away, while I continue working on LUtD. CD out.
Clovidequano Dovatha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2019, 12:34 PM   #463
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

You won't and haven't hurt my feelings yet, I believe, by being honest with me. Maybe I've been upset at times, of course, but what's more important? Being honest or being a lying flatterer and all? Better to have upset feelings at times with the truth than erroneous misconceptions due to needless deceptions and all, if and whenever possible, I think. CD out.

DeviantArt:

GBA:

EC's IPA:

Updates to my various threads may be delayed or sporadic, and requests may still be some time away, while I continue working on LUtD. CD out.
Old 11-02-2019, 01:07 PM   #464
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Think you could ask if anyone might want to see the graphics I've already done? If there's enough interest, maybe I could share them later, then. Then maybe others could comment on them and all, you know. Just wondering, that's all. CD out.
No... I don't think anyone would be interested in your graphics... the colors and designs are a little extreme.

They would not even like for me to post the more traditional graphics I have made using justafan…mine are just not good enough to interest the viewers on the Graphics Forum.

They want graphics posted by txranger, knuckler, the_mad_monk, low, Lawn Loaf, rocknfire7... the talented and skilled graphics artists.

Not stuff you and I would produce.

Last edited by Eugene Church; 11-02-2019 at 05:39 PM.
Old 11-02-2019, 02:04 PM   #465
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

DeviantArt may be a good place for people to put their graphics on, for example, if they want to post them somewhere besides PhotoBucket or Google Drive, et cetera. Thinking about putting my items there myself, in fact. CD out.

DeviantArt:

GBA:

EC's IPA:

Old 11-02-2019, 02:06 PM   #466
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

You might suggest it to others here, I think, and see what they think. Just a suggestion here, that's all. Take it as you will, of course. CD out.

DeviantArt:

GBA:

EC's IPA:

Old 11-02-2019, 05:52 PM   #467
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

CD, you have improved greatly doing your own graphics... keep working at it and one day you may be able to turn out fine work like txranger and the others.

I suspect that they use more than justafan software to create their work... like Gimp, Inkskape, Photoshop.

I may try Inkskape… someone said it is easier to use than Gimp... they said both of these software are less complicated than Photoshop.... and they are free software.
Old 11-02-2019, 10:32 PM   #468
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

I've been noticing that the kinds of things that I was doing have been mentioned a bit more of late, and as much as I would like to say the criticism is unfair, even if they don't mention me directly, it isn't.

How long do you think it will be before they forget, if they do, the kinds of things that I was doing? What do you think it will take to get others to consider checking out my dynasty reports, at least every so often? I mean, as far as I know, you're probably the only one that comments, generally, in my dynasty threads of late.

Their feelings are probably still at least a little raw, in terms of me, I think, and that's perfectly understandable. I wonder what they would say, if they saw my items now, and would they perhaps eventually willing to offer advice on how to make things better, and all, if they did?

Why do you think the game often has players moving illogically on the field when on defense? Why do you think the game often has defenders holding the ball when runners are trying to reach certain bases, when in the real world, they likely wouldn't, in certain game situations?

My latest game in my Jumbled Times and Worlds dynasty for the Folliston Cupids seemed to have that happen quite a bit in it. Ultimately, the Slaabojevo Warriors took the game 28-5, and by the ned of the game, the Scholars had 24 errors, believe it or not. Not only that, at least a few runs for Slaabojevo could have been prevented with better player movements in the game, even if there were still a good number of errors in the game for the Scholars, I think. Their catcher didn't cover home one time, but threw to first, and a run scored as a result, unfortunately.

The related box score and game log has been posted in a few posts for the related thread. It was probably one of the worst regular-season games I think I've ever seen one of my teams participate in, if not the worst ever, I think. I really hope they fix the player movement issues and all in future versions of OOTP, for sure. CD out.

DeviantArt:

GBA:

EC's IPA:

Old 11-03-2019, 12:40 AM   #469
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

CD, the animation in OOTP is not perfected... it has quite a ways to go to be good... we will just have to accept the poor movements of the players until they make it better.. it may take 3-4-5 more years to get all of the stupid player movement fixed.
It has certainly come a long, long way in the past two years... I enjoy playing with the animation now... I don't use the sound because it's so poorly done... but the animation is pretty good.

I haven't seen anyone mention your name on the OOTP Graphics Forum.
Where did you see people criticizing you?

Unless you stop doing the offensive things on the Forums that you did previously, you shouldn't post on the Forums.
If I were you, I wouldn't post on the other Forums until I was sure that I would not offend anyone... I know you don't intentionally offend people, but you still do it.

Just yesterday you made a negative comment to me about rocknfire7... why you brought his name up on your dynasty just doesn't make sense...why do you care how many layers he used or didn't use creating me some jerseys... it was none of your business... if rocknfire7 saw what you wrote, he would not like it... no one would.

It is good you said it on your dynasty thread... if you posted some critical thoughts about people on the other forums you would not be a popular or well-liked... that is not how you get along with people.

You have to ask yourself three questions before you make comments about other people on the OOTP Forums: IS IT TRUE?... IS IT KIND?... AND IS IT NECESSARY?... If the answer to any of those three questions is NO... then you shouldn't say it.

What you said about rocknfire7 may or may not been TRUE... but it was NOT KIND.. and NOT NECESSARY... you should not have said it.

It is good that no one saw that except for me... I'm the only one that checks your dynasty to try and help you with it.
So please keep those three questions in mind before you post something... they will keep you our of trouble.

And I'm sorry to say, I don't think you are ready to go back to the other Forums.... not until you learn to get along with people and not make unintentional negative comments about them.

Last edited by Eugene Church; 11-03-2019 at 12:42 AM.
Old 11-03-2019, 05:36 AM   #470
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

I was NOT making a negative comment about rocknfire7. I was just saying that I couldn't see the evidence of there being at least ten layers that he put for your team's uniforms, that's all. Elaboration below.

Nobody was criticizing me, but I'm sure that such things have happened periodically, and not just from my direction, in the past on the forums. I believe they were just criticizing those kinds of things that have happened before on the forums. I've just been the latest to do those kinds of things, probably, on the forum too much and all, I think. Probably am not the first, and I probably won't be the last, person to do those kinds of things here on the forums, unfortunately.

Yes, I do think you're right, however, about me potentially NOT being ready to go back to the other forums if I don't need to, sorry to say. I certainly must have ticked a lot of people off a great deal, so they probably wouldn't generally appreciate me chiming in on their threads needlessly for a while yet. Me not being here for as long as many others is not a sufficient enough excuse for my earlier mistakes here on the forums, for sure. Or present or future ones, of course. Ultimately, we are each responsible for our own actions or words or whatever in our lives, if and whenever possible, in them, you know.

I have been staying out of the other threads, for quite some time, as you know. And will continue to do so for at least a while longer, I'm sure. I wasn't being unkind, I believe, seeing as I definitely wasn't criticizing him. He is already much more skilled graphically than I may presently be, or may potentially soon be, I think. Although I probably still didn't need to write what I did regarding him, even if true.

I don't often notice things that may be in plain sight, whether online or offline, for various reasons, Eugene. I don't know how much of that is due to my AS, but at least some of it may be because of that being the case for me, to be sure.

I thank you for your input, and all, and appreciate it very much. Especially because I DON'T get the feeling that you're not being honest with me. Some may say that honesty, for instance, is overrated, but I don't believe that. Honesty is crucially important in this falling and breaking and dying world, but kindness and mercy are still necessary many times in it, if not always, for sure. You are a treasure that our Lord has blessed this world with, no doubt, Eugene.

I wouldn't mind talking with you more offline, but I'm sure both of us don't want to post our various email addresses where most people, if not everyone, could see them easily enough online. I am sure we both could have a great deal more to learn from each other about many things, as well. How do you suggest we perhaps connect with each other outside these forums, Eugene? Please advise, if and when you like. Have a good day, I hope. CD out.

DeviantArt:

GBA:

EC's IPA:

Last edited by Clovidequano Dovatha; 11-03-2019 at 09:08 AM.
Old 11-03-2019, 02:56 PM   #471
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Thank you for the nice comment about me and honesty... really appreciate it, CD.
I think Jesus is pleased with his good servant, CD, too.
Old 11-03-2019, 03:40 PM   #472
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

EDIT: CD, I'm sorry, I didn't read all of the post, but I later noticed you apologized a little bit about your comments about rocknfire7... that is good... you are learning how to deal with people a little better.
Still I want you to read my answer to you.

Quote from your recent post:
"As for rocknfire7's takes on your Bayou Bleu team's looks, it doesn't look like there are at least ten layers there, but not doubting such could be the case. Those stripes don't look like they took at least ten layers to incorporate easily enough, but he's rather skilled and all. So it's not out of the realm of possibility he could have complexified things related to that team's looks."

Sorry again, my good friend, CD, but you did criticize rocknfire7... you first say it doesn't look like there are 10 layers... and the stripes don't look like 10 layers... then you say maybe rocknfire7 is skilled enough to do it... that is double talk... first you imply that he didn't use 10 layers... and then you say that he is skilled enough to do.... that talking out of both sides of your mouth... that is double talk.

To me, this means you are saying he didn't work as hard on the jerseys as he said... but then you give him a little bit of praise (his possible skill)... this is another example of a "backhanded compliment"... that is, saying something negative about someone and then complimenting them... people don't like "backhanded compliments".

rocknfire7 had no reason to lie about how much he worked... he is an honorable person... your comments imply that he was exaggerating the amount of his work to do them for me.... I did not take it that way... I was just so very happy that he did the jerseys for me so well.

I didn't question how many layers he did... I didn't care if he did no layers, one layer or 10 layers... I was just glad he did the work for me.

I really don't understand why you even brought up the subject of the Bayou Bleu Blues jerseys... they had nothing to do with you.

Just ask yourself these three questions:

Was the comment you made about him TRUE?
Was the comment you made about him KIND?
Was the comment you made about him NECESSARY?

If you answered NO to one of those three questions, you should have not said what you said.

It's comments like this that got you in trouble on the Graphics Forum.
You need to learn from that bad experience and not repeat negative comments on the Forums.

In closing, you are still my friend.
I pray to Jesus several times a day to help you get along with people better, so you can perhaps one day get back on the Graphics Forum.

Last edited by Eugene Church; 11-03-2019 at 07:24 PM.
Old 11-03-2019, 07:21 PM   #473
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

Agreed, I shouldn't have said what I said regarding him, even if true and kind, Eugene.

Unfortunately, much of what I say and have said, either in print or vocally, is often misunderstood, I think, because I often have problems with practicing high levels of exactitude when it comes to clarity and/or conciseness, and my words are often thought as being unfairly critical of people when they were never intended to be perceived as such and all.

I definitely wasn't saying he didn't work as hard on the jerseys as he said he did. I was just saying that it didn't look that way to me, at least from what I could then tell. I often have problems telling the differences between certain things easily enough, unfortunately, you see, whether online or offline, Eugene.

I really want you to understand this next paragraph here perfectly, if at all possible, somehow. I was in NO way whatsoever calling him a liar or thinking he lied. He IS an excellent artist, for sure. The mark of a true artist is to be able to show no unintentional mistakes, if and whenever possible, I think, while also being able to show originality and creativity. He clearly exhibits that quality with his work, and I see no reason at all why he can't continue to do so for a very long time into the future, if the Lord continues to bless him through that talent of his, et cetera.

I also certainly realize that the Bayou Bleu Blues jerseys had nothing to do with me, but they still piqued my interest, just the same, in terms of their excellent quality and all. So I commented here on them, wisely or not, as the case may have been then at that time.

Many people, if not everyone else, around here do not know me very well yet, no doubt. And the apparent meanings of many words have obviously changed over certain periods of time, in the average perceptions of many, from their original proper meanings, for various reasons. I'm sure we both can remember several such words apiece, as well. That fact has probably caused others to think I meant or mean one thing instead of another, and vice versa, here or elsewhere, of course.

I always try and avoid potentially criticizing anyone needlessly in my life, or at least I think I do. Am I perfect when it comes to such things? Of course not. But at least I try to be kind and all whenever I say something, if and whenever possible and appropriate, no matter who I'm talking to or with, et cetera, I'm sure.

Thanks again for your input and all, Eugene. Take care, and I hope to hear more from you in the future, if and whenever possible. Lord willing, of course. CD out.

DeviantArt:

GBA:

EC's IPA:

Old 11-03-2019, 07:27 PM   #474
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

CD, I just prefer to communicate with you here in your thread.

I'm not into emailing, facebook and all those social media... I can use my time in a much better way.
Old 11-03-2019, 07:36 PM   #475
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

You said earlier that you do use email at times, I believe. So I was wondering if there was a way I could converse with you off-site at times, you see. I have begun working on something that I was hoping you could perhaps later critique, and give your thoughts on, for example. But if you're not interested in that sort of thing, then so be it. CD out.

DeviantArt:

GBA:

EC's IPA:

Old 11-03-2019, 07:37 PM   #476
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

CD, I know very well that you are kind and Godly person... and would never criticize anyone on purpose... you are a man after God's own heart... a wonderful follower of Jesus.

I hope overtime I can help you learn to interact with people and not offend them... you are making progress and improving.

My prayer is that Jesus will help me say the right words to you to help you here on the Forum.

My prayer is also that Jesus will help you to get along with people here on the Forums and in real life.

May the Good Lord continue to bless you and me abundantly.
Old 11-03-2019, 07:44 PM   #477
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
You said earlier that you do use email at times, I believe. So I was wondering if there was a way I could converse with you off-site at times, you see. I have begun working on something that I was hoping you could perhaps later critique, and give your thoughts on, for example. But if you're not interested in that sort of thing, then so be it. CD out.
Yes, I do email on a rare occasions... but not very often.

I live a quiet, reclusive life... just my wife, a few relatives and a few friends.
I don't email them very much either.
Old 11-03-2019, 07:50 PM   #478
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

I hope someday I can become one of those friends, Eugene, Lord willing, in this life. But what will be will be, of course, you know. CD out.

DeviantArt:

GBA:

EC's IPA:

Old 11-03-2019, 09:33 PM   #479
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I hope someday I can become one of those friends, Eugene, Lord willing, in this life. But what will be will be, of course, you know. CD out.
You are one of my friends, CD.
Old 11-04-2019, 06:45 AM   #480
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

I hope someday you will be able to read a story I've tentatively titled "The Journey." But I've only just begun writing it. Am now working on the second chapter of it. I hope to have at least 50,000 words written for it by the end of the month, if not more. I am not participating officially in National Novel Writing Month, but I am seeing if I can write a story at least that long by the end of the month. And I plan to edit whatever I come up with by then, at least, for part of December, at least, if not longer, so that the story in question can ultimately be as good a story as possible. I'd like to see it eventually published for profit, if possible, and if the Lord wills. But we'll have to see what happens with it, of course, before any of that might be able to happen, you know.

Will write more later, I'm sure, if poassible and all. CD out.

DeviantArt:

GBA:

EC's IPA: