Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Dynasty Reports

OOTP Dynasty Reports Tell us about the OOTP dynasties you have built!

Old 12-11-2020, 11:36 AM   #1
bendthebarman
Minors (Double A)

World Baseball League (1919-FORWARD)

Logging my World Baseball League experience.

Here is a basic primer:
  • Started the fictional league in 1919
  • Two leagues - Federal and Patriot
  • Each league began with 8 teams each
  • Over time I expanded leagues to 20 teams each

It was my original intention to run the league out until after the 1975 season and then take over the Milwaukee Crushers. I did not intervene at all from 1919 to 1975. Little did I know that the Milwaukee Crushers would end up being the WORST time in league history.

At the time I took over the team they were ranked last in all-time winning percentage with a 0.433 mark. The Milwaukee Crushers managed to make the plaoffs only once. During the season prior to taking over the team, they had a 50-111 record and a starting rotation that was horrid.

I'll add a few details about the league in the posts to come.
bendthebarman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2020, 02:41 PM   #2
bendthebarman
Minors (Double A)

Attached Images
Old 12-11-2020, 02:46 PM   #3
bendthebarman
Minors (Double A)

Attached Images
Old 12-11-2020, 02:55 PM   #4
bendthebarman
Minors (Double A)

The first thing I did after taking over the Milwaukee Crushers was to make two big moves. From the pool of free agents, I cherry-picked the best available HR hitter and starter.

These moves were more for my own sanity and game enjoyment than anything. As I am actually playing each game I wanted a few things to look forward to.

To land these free agents, I passed on the long 8-9 year deals they were after. Instead, I offered them both $200,000 a year more but for fewer years.

I brought in 2B Melvin Hernandez, the current home run machine. He signed a 3-year deal for $850,000 a year.

Attached Images
Image Image 
Old 12-11-2020, 03:00 PM   #5
bendthebarman
Minors (Double A)

I also brought in ace starter Gus Cruz. His contract was 5 years:

Attached Images
Image Image 
Old 12-11-2020, 03:01 PM   #6
bendthebarman
Minors (Double A)

As you can see, both of these stars will be out of my hair after the age of 35. Also, they both have a track record of staying healthy. Hopefully, these cornerstone players can help me build some fan interest and maybe even a winning season in the next 2 years.

As a general recap, the team I took over has a VERY awful starting rotation and a passable (slightly above average) offence featuring 5-6 players with a contact rating of 60+ (and two 70s).

I'm going to do my very best to cherry pick some free agents this year. My staff is so awful that just about anything will be an upgrade.

Last edited by bendthebarman; 12-11-2020 at 03:03 PM.
Old 12-11-2020, 03:19 PM   #7
bendthebarman
Minors (Double A)

Time to dive into our offense. One of the pieces of the puzzle that I am hoping pans out this year is Cruz Gonzalez. Cruz has the potential to get on base. He has limited WLB experience and is currently my lead-off hitter at RF.

Cruz has a 75/75 speed/stealing, along with a stellar bunt and a 75 outfield arm. He looks strong but time will tell.

I traded off last years starting RF (dumpster-level) starting RF for a 20th round pick and a kick in the ass.
Attached Images

Last edited by bendthebarman; 12-11-2020 at 03:32 PM.
Old 12-11-2020, 03:32 PM   #8
bendthebarman
Minors (Double A)

Hitting second is last year's super stud Milwaukee Crusher's first baseman Antonio Facio. A 33-year-old vet, Facio has two 200-hit years under his belt and a lifetime 0.329 average.

Antonio Facio is one of the true time-tested batters in the Crusher's lineup.
Attached Images
Old 12-11-2020, 03:39 PM   #9
bendthebarman
Minors (Double A)

Hitting third is my newly-acquired free agent second baseman Melvin Hernandez. While I prefer to have a bit more of a combination of average and power in the third spot, this is a sh*t-can team so I'm taking a few unusual plays.

My hope is that Hernandez will crush 45-50 ding dongs, more than a few with my one and two hitters on board. That would be nice.
Attached Images

Last edited by bendthebarman; 12-11-2020 at 03:42 PM.
Old 12-11-2020, 03:47 PM   #10
bendthebarman
Minors (Double A)

Batting clean-up is my long-shot young gun LF Dan Linger. Besides Melvin Hernandez, Linger is the only other true Dinger hitter the Milwaukee Crushers have. His defense sucks but his eye is good.

With Linger cleaning up the plate we may need a little luck and divine intervention to keep this offense rolling along like thunder.

I'm betting a chicken and two goats that Dan Linger will be injured before game 40.
Attached Images
Old 12-11-2020, 03:58 PM   #11
bendthebarman
Minors (Double A)

My fifth hitter is unproven nobody Rich Benedict. At the age of 28, Rich has only 652 WBL at bats under his belt with a batting average of 0.267.

Rich is basically a 55 to 60 at everything from batting average to gap power to base running. He isn't awful, but he surely isn't a prime 5th hitter. Let's hope he steps up his game this year. I'd love to see him hit 0.283 with 23 dingers.
Attached Images
Old 12-11-2020, 04:03 PM   #12
bendthebarman
Minors (Double A)

Batting sixth is another unproven aging ballplayer, Jesus Alaniz. Jesus has less than 1,000 WBL plate appearances and a mediocre on base percentage despite his 0.279 career average.

He has the potential to reach 0.290 with 10 homers. Let's hope it's this year. He did (kinda) crush AAA last year.
Attached Images

Last edited by bendthebarman; 12-11-2020 at 04:04 PM.
Old 12-11-2020, 04:22 PM   #13
bendthebarman
Minors (Double A)

Batting seventh is third baseman Orlando Rangel. If he has a good season Orlando should manage to hit 15 homers while keeping his average above the Mendoza line.

Orlando's OBP is about equal to the league batting average, making him a replace-at-first-chance player. My backup is worse. Don't ask.

Mr. Rangel can steal a few bases. The problem is - well - actually getting on base.
Attached Images

Last edited by bendthebarman; 12-11-2020 at 04:23 PM.
Old 12-11-2020, 04:31 PM   #14
bendthebarman
Minors (Double A)

In the 8th spot is another borderline dumpster fire, SS Mang Guao. At the age of 31, Mang has managed 288 career at bats. He has speed and can play defense. Despite this bounty of positives, hopefully Mang will not be on my team by next year.
Attached Images
Old 12-11-2020, 04:35 PM   #15
bendthebarman
Minors (Double A)

Batting 9th we have the platoon catching combo of Ruben Valles and Ben Forsberg. They are fairly equal at the plate and both can play some defense.

I consider these guys to be plug, play, forget. Unless I find a defensive stud that can whallop better numbers at the plate, these two dudes will grind it out for a while.
Attached Images
Image Image 
Old 12-11-2020, 04:36 PM   #16
bendthebarman
Minors (Double A)

And that's it for the big offense.
Old 12-11-2020, 05:28 PM   #17
bendthebarman
Minors (Double A)

MILESTONE - First Team Win (April 11th, 1976)

Milwaukee 6 (1-2), St. Louis 5 (2-1)