Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - Technical Support > Bug Reports Forum

Bug Reports Forum Have a bug to report? Please post here.

Old 03-19-2019, 01:31 PM   #41
Brian James
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukas Berger View Post
Well, not until after its officially finalized.
Yeah, I guess I'm jumping the gun a bit
Brian James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 02:49 PM   #42
asheft
Minors (Triple A)

A couple of relatively minor Giants specific notes: Dereck Rodriguez is expected to be in the Giants rotation (likely bumping out Suarez as opposed to Holland, who is currently the 5th starter for the Giants in a default 100% scouting game), and Steven Duggar will be the opening day center fielder. Rule V pick Travis Bergen (who is correctly flagged as Rule V in game, nice to see that!) is likely going to make the roster as well.
asheft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 03:46 PM   #43
Brian James
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I believe Charlie Blackmon and Jake Lamb are projected to play RF and 1B this year.
Brian James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 04:05 PM   #44
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

For all this stuff about lineups and positions where guys will play, we're constantly tweaking the rosters based on projected lineups and will do so even more heavily the closer we get to opening day, as it all becomes more clear.

So this is definitely a work in progress atm. No real need for lots of individual updates, unless you know of something that's not common knowledge (not reflected on rosterresource for example).

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here
Lukas Berger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 05:55 PM   #45
rutri01
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Huh, that's weird. King has two history entries in the db and both show up in my game:

2016-06-06
Drafted by the Miami Marlins in the 12th round (353rd) of the 2016 MLB June Amateur Draft from Boston College (Chestnut Hill, MA).

2017-11-20
Traded by the Miami Marlins to the New York Yankees with Future Considerations for P Caleb Smith and 1B Garrett Cooper.

What did you do to generate that save, is it a quickstart or a new standard game? Other leagues loaded or just MLB?
Yankee Michael King in my game has 0 history too.
Attached Images
rutri01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 11:17 PM   #46
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks62 View Post
Everyone on the Clearwater Threshers lacks this information, for example. They're just one team...I can search for others if that would be helpful.
Quote:
No, I think we've taken care of this. It was a bug.
Should we take this to mean that players lacking history was a bug and has been fixed? I'm seeing the same as some others, with minor leaguers having empty history pages including no draft information.

One example...Cubs 1st round draft pick Nico Hoerner...

waittilnextyear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 01:21 AM   #47
jwisenberg
OOTP Roster Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by waittilnextyear View Post
Should we take this to mean that players lacking history was a bug and has been fixed? I'm seeing the same as some others, with minor leaguers having empty history pages including no draft information.
yes that is correct.
jwisenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 02:24 PM   #48
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

A comment/question for Lukas or any of the roster team people...

I noticed the speed ratings for players in game (scouting off) don't really correlate to the Statcast sprint speed data available on Baseball Savant. For example, Kris Bryant has a speed rating of 26/100 even though he's the 2nd fastest player on the Cubs (28.0 ft/sec, which is above average). Jason Heyward is rated at 23/100 in running speed despite his elite athleticism. Here's a link for the Cubs:

https://baseballsavant.mlb.com/sprin...eam=CHC&min=10

I originally began looking at this because I noticed that Max Kepler--the German-born outfielder who plays for the Twins--has just a 35/100 in speed despite being a tremendous athlete and above average runner (27.9 ft/sec). Here's a link for the Twins:

https://baseballsavant.mlb.com/sprin...eam=MIN&min=10

Harrison Bader is rated as the 7th-fastest player in baseball and he has a 64/100 in the game. Byron Buxton is the very fastest player in the game and is rated at 69/100 in speed, which seems criminal for poor Byron. Here's a link for the overall MLB:

https://baseballsavant.mlb.com/sprin...=&team=&min=10

As an experienced roster editor myself (mainly MLB The Show), speed has been one of the more difficult attributes to nail down and it was usually accomplished [imperfectly] by using stolen bases or speed scores. However, now that Statcast data is literally measuring running speed, using Statcast data seems to be the way to go...would you guys be interested in having the speed ratings in the game correlate to Statcast data? I'd be able to cook something up in no more than a day if you guys would put it in the game.
Old 03-20-2019, 03:15 PM   #49
wallewalls
All Star Reserve

^ Not that you're wrong, but the default scale is out of 80, so that means that Bader would be 64/80. Unless you changed it, the max speed is 80
wallewalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 03:30 PM   #50
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallewalls View Post
^ Not that you're wrong, but the default scale is out of 80, so that means that Bader would be 64/80. Unless you changed it, the max speed is 80
I have it set to 1-100. Hence all the xx/100 values in my post.
Old 03-20-2019, 10:37 PM   #51
Tieran
Minors (Single A)

Why doesn't Brent Honeywell have his signature screwball?
Tieran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 11:32 PM   #52
ederemer
Minors (Single A)

Went through and found current managers/coaches who are also listed as currently active players:

HC Lew Ford - current FA, also a player in the Indy Leagues
Arizona 2 (DSL) MA Jaime Del Valle
Salem (A+) HC Lance Zawadzki
Tri-City (A-) MA Ozney Guillen
Tri-City (A-) PC John Kovalik
Los Angels (DSL) PC Ramon Troncoso
Williamsport (A-) HC Joel McKeithen
ederemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 04:09 AM   #53
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by waittilnextyear View Post
A comment/question for Lukas or any of the roster team people...

I noticed the speed ratings for players in game (scouting off) don't really correlate to the Statcast sprint speed data available on Baseball Savant. For example, Kris Bryant has a speed rating of 26/100 even though he's the 2nd fastest player on the Cubs (28.0 ft/sec, which is above average). Jason Heyward is rated at 23/100 in running speed despite his elite athleticism. Here's a link for the Cubs:

https://baseballsavant.mlb.com/sprin...eam=CHC&min=10

I originally began looking at this because I noticed that Max Kepler--the German-born outfielder who plays for the Twins--has just a 35/100 in speed despite being a tremendous athlete and above average runner (27.9 ft/sec). Here's a link for the Twins:

https://baseballsavant.mlb.com/sprin...eam=MIN&min=10

Harrison Bader is rated as the 7th-fastest player in baseball and he has a 64/100 in the game. Byron Buxton is the very fastest player in the game and is rated at 69/100 in speed, which seems criminal for poor Byron. Here's a link for the overall MLB:

https://baseballsavant.mlb.com/sprin...=&team=&min=10

As an experienced roster editor myself (mainly MLB The Show), speed has been one of the more difficult attributes to nail down and it was usually accomplished [imperfectly] by using stolen bases or speed scores. However, now that Statcast data is literally measuring running speed, using Statcast data seems to be the way to go...would you guys be interested in having the speed ratings in the game correlate to Statcast data? I'd be able to cook something up in no more than a day if you guys would put it in the game.
It's on my list of stuff to take a look at getting into the game.

Thing is, speed in OOTP isn't really pure speed as such. It has much more to do with how likely a runner is to steal a base. So the pure statcast speed, while it might be a useful input, is probably never going to purely replace the current OOTP speed rating, since they actually measure different things.

Old 03-21-2019, 04:17 AM   #54
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tieran View Post
Why doesn't Brent Honeywell have his signature screwball?
No idea. Somehow it got changed to a splitter in the editor. Maybe an import issue. Re-added it now though.

Old 03-21-2019, 04:20 AM   #55
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by ederemer View Post
Went through and found current managers/coaches who are also listed as currently active players:

HC Lew Ford - current FA, also a player in the Indy Leagues
Arizona 2 (DSL) MA Jaime Del Valle
Salem (A+) HC Lance Zawadzki
Tri-City (A-) MA Ozney Guillen
Tri-City (A-) PC John Kovalik
Los Angels (DSL) PC Ramon Troncoso
Williamsport (A-) HC Joel McKeithen
Other than Ford, who as you mention is both a player and a coach, I retired the rest of these guys as players.

Thanks!

Old 03-21-2019, 04:40 AM   #56
Oldlamp
Minors (Rookie Ball)

wrong nationality (Korean Baseball Organization)

The nationality of the following Korean players is incorrectly entered as the United States.Please change the nationality of following players to South Korea.

NAME :
Young-joong Kim
Hyun-soo Kim
Young-wook Oh
Yong-su Shin
Min-hyuk Hur
Min-soo Kim
Oldlamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 09:59 AM   #57
jwisenberg
OOTP Roster Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldlamp View Post
The nationality of the following Korean players is incorrectly entered as the United States.Please change the nationality of following players to South Korea.

NAME :
Young-joong Kim
Hyun-soo Kim
Young-wook Oh
Yong-su Shin
Min-hyuk Hur
Min-soo Kim
fixed
Old 03-21-2019, 10:37 AM   #58
NHSOXFAN
Minors (Single A)

Where in the World is Michael Chavis?

It appears that Michael Chavis has been abducted by aliens. He was listed in the original beta download as being in AAA in the Red Sox system. This was correct. In the latest version that I downloaded yesterday, he is nowhere to be found. I am certain this is part of a plot by the Yankees to mess with the WORLD SERIES CHAMPS!
NHSOXFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 10:39 AM   #59
jwisenberg
OOTP Roster Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHSOXFAN View Post
It appears that Michael Chavis has been abducted by aliens. He was listed in the original beta download as being in AAA in the Red Sox system. This was correct. In the latest version that I downloaded yesterday, he is nowhere to be found. I am certain this is part of a plot by the Yankees to mess with the WORLD SERIES CHAMPS!
might want to double check, or do a player search. He shows up just fine in mine and I just double checked our roster database, he was never removed at any point.
Old 03-21-2019, 01:29 PM   #60
NHSOXFAN
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwisenberg View Post
might want to double check, or do a player search. He shows up just fine in mine and I just double checked our roster database, he was never removed at any point.
Thanks for the suggestion. For some reason Chavis was with Gwinnett.
NHSOXFAN is offline   Reply With Quote