Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - 3D Models

Old 01-20-2019, 03:29 AM   #21
nielsoncp
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by pstrickert View Post
Is that Manny on the big screen? Looks like he’s in the process of getting thrown out at first while taking off his batting gloves and heading for the dugout.
Actually it's Chris Davis - but I'll have to keep that Manny idea in mind for a future stadium. That will make up for all of his shenanigans in the NLCS, right?
nielsoncp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 01:04 PM   #22
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

Ha! Chris Davis! Yeah, that makes sense. How many of his at-bats ended without putting the ball in play?
pstrickert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 02:30 PM   #23
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Do you make custom parks like say Ewok Field or Death Star Field?
Don't bottle your emotions till they crack and fill a couple just sorrows
Take your mind and refocus go get a paper write your goals out
Throw your middle fingers to all your haters

"Stay Strong"

The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 05:32 PM   #24
nielsoncp
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Game View Post
Do you make custom parks like say Ewok Field or Death Star Field?

Not at this point. Right now I'm focusing on earthbound parks. If that changes I'll let you know.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 01-20-2019, 11:43 PM   #25
drksd4848
All Star Starter

So, nielsoncp, here's my question to you:

Do you ever SLEEP?!!!

drksd4848 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 01:26 PM   #26
nielsoncp
All Star Reserve

Saskatoon, SK - Cairns Field

Almost 30 parks in, and we finally have our first dome. I started designing Cairns Field, looked over the teams that have cycled through, and realized that the tenants page on wikipedia looked a lot like Calgary's turnover. A quick look at google maps showed that Saskatoon is technically north of Calgary, so two quick circles later, we have a dome instead of an open air stadium! (And our first astroturf field. New things all around.)

Since it's a little above sea level, the park is pretty hitter friendly, especially when it comes to triples. There's a slight advantage for left handed power hitters.

New Zip File can be found here

Original Zip file can be found here

Park Factors

Day

Night

Last edited by nielsoncp; 03-19-2019 at 02:12 PM.
Old 01-21-2019, 01:27 PM   #27
nielsoncp
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by drksd4848 View Post
So, nielsoncp, here's my question to you:

Do you ever SLEEP?!!!

Yes, but it's been a bit shorter in the last month...

Old 01-21-2019, 08:26 PM   #28
low
Hall Of Famer

Thanks for doing all these. It's much appreciated.
low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 01:50 AM   #29
nielsoncp
All Star Reserve

Victoria, BC - Royal Athletic Field

Isedelyod requested this park, located in Victoria, British Columbia. The park is used currently for baseball, soccer, and a beer festival (amongst other uses), but I converted it to a field with a retractable roof.

The field plays pretty neutral, with a slight advantage for left handed power hitters. Which seems to be a theme in these Canadian parks, so we may need to course correct a bit.

New Zip file is here

Original Zip File is here

Park Factors

Day

Night

Last edited by nielsoncp; 03-19-2019 at 02:13 PM.
Old 01-22-2019, 10:32 PM   #30
eriqjaffe
Hall Of Famer

That can't really be a picture of Yoan Moncada, he's not taking strike 3.
Old 01-23-2019, 12:29 AM   #31
nielsoncp
All Star Reserve

Halifax, NS - Wanderer Grounds

As I was poking around Halifax I came across Wanderer Grounds. The property was first used by an amateur athletic group from the 1800s through World War II, at which point the city took possession of it. It's been used for soccer, rugby, and baseball, and currently a new soccer field is being built there for a Canadian Premier League team. But... what if the grounds had actually been built as a baseball stadium? The Grounds are relatively close to a high density area, so I decided to give it a bit of a Fenway/Wrigley feel, including a 24 foot fence in right field. I took a small, neighborhood park's field layout as the inspiration for the field.

The stadium plays pretty pitcher friendly (again with the advantages of being close to the ocean and in Canada. Unlike everything else I've done in Canada, it's more friendly (barely) to right handed power hitters.

Original Zip File can be found here

Park Factors

Day

Night

Last edited by nielsoncp; 03-19-2019 at 02:14 PM.
Old 01-23-2019, 12:30 AM   #32
nielsoncp
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriqjaffe View Post
That can't really be a picture of Yoan Moncada, he's not taking strike 3.
He's swinging at strike two so he can watch strike three. Don't question his methods.
Old 01-23-2019, 07:26 PM   #33
nielsoncp
All Star Reserve

Kitchener-Waterloo, ON - Jack Couch Ballpark

Kitchener, Ontario built a large complex in the 1950s, including a football field, baseball field, and hockey/basketball arena. Over the last 60 years the different parts have been renovated, including the baseball field in the corner. I decided to make it a bit more central. I also put a monument in left field representing the two cities (with the mottos of both cities on it) and included a lion and lamb, the symbols of Waterloo.

The park plays pretty batter friendly, especially with the short corners and straight lines in the outfield.

Park Factors

Day

Night

Last edited by nielsoncp; 03-19-2019 at 02:15 PM.
Old 01-24-2019, 03:04 AM   #34
nielsoncp
All Star Reserve

Chatham, NB - Ironmen Park

Isedoyled suggested this park as well - and he gave a pretty good description of it, so I thought I'd post it here:

"Ironmen Park is a landmark for senior baseball in Canada. It has hosted the Senior National Championships three times (#4 will be this summer). It is based loosely off Fenway, with a short (300 ft) left field and a 30 foot wooden fence."

I took the general field layout and made a few changes - I moved the wall of honor from the outfield wall to the scoreboard, and added the lighthouse in center (think Bernie Brewer's slide or the Marlin home run... thing.) I also tried to keep the behind home plate structure that's currently in the park - hence the higher than normal camera angle.

Being an outdoor park along the coast, it plays pretty pitcher friendly and will be death on left handed batters.

New Zip file can be found here

Park Factors

Day

Night

Last edited by nielsoncp; 03-19-2019 at 02:15 PM.
Old 01-24-2019, 11:24 PM   #35
nielsoncp
All Star Reserve

Windsor, ON - MicMac Park

Today we're off to MicMac Park. Located a couple of miles from the border, the park is used for youth sports and is a part of a larger athletic complex. I took the stand design from Comerica and the fountain from Kauffman - all I needed was a large wall in right field or a downward arrow for a sign to make it a true homage to the AL Central.

The park plays relatively pitcher friendly and generally anti homer. The extra 4 ft on the right field wall cause the split between left and right handed power.

New Zip File can be found here Note - new zip file has the water fall on both sides of center field.

Original Zip File can be found here.

Park Factors

Day

Night

Last edited by nielsoncp; 03-19-2019 at 02:16 PM.
Old 01-25-2019, 03:13 AM   #36
nielsoncp
All Star Reserve

Abbotsford, BC - Del Air Park

Outside of Metro Vancouver, Abbotsford is the largest city in British Columbia. It reminded me a bit of Milwaukee when I was reading about it, so I decided to use some of the elements of County Stadium (two levels, outfield bleachers, a space in the right field bleachers for the bullpen) for its stadium.

The park plays pretty lefty friendly and pitcher friendly, particularly with the far left field wall.

Original Zip File can be found here.

Park Factors

Day

Night

Last edited by nielsoncp; 03-19-2019 at 02:17 PM.
Old 01-26-2019, 03:53 AM   #37
nielsoncp
All Star Reserve

Oshawa, ON - Kinsmen Memorial Stadium

I wanted to do one more park in Ontario (plus a Toronto concept that should be coming early next week... duh duh duh) and I wanted to have one city to the east of Toronto. I found that Oshawa was one of the cities listed with weather, so I decided to use a couple stadiums from the area as a basis for this stadium. The location is techincally in neighboring Durham, but it's located on the shore of Lake Ontario and, well, look at that (poorly rendered google maps aided) view. The actual field outline is based on the Kinsmen Memorial Civic Stadium.

The stadium has a vast difference between left and right field, which produces the pronounced splits between right handed and left handed batters. It's larger outfield also produces more triples and doubles than average - so speed may be a premium here.

Park Factors

Day

Night

Last edited by nielsoncp; 03-19-2019 at 02:18 PM.
Old 01-26-2019, 05:26 PM   #38
nielsoncp
All Star Reserve

Surrey, BC - Whalley Stadium

Surrey is the 12th largest citiy in Canada and only 80,000 people behind its nearby (and more famous) neighbor. As I was scouting around the city I came across Whalley Stadium. It's a beautiful little park located just down the line from a train stop, and would be a perfect location for stadium in the greater Vancouver area. I took most of the inspiration from Minute Maid Park, especially with the roof structure.

The park plays pretty neutral, except for the high home run rate because of its small size.

Park Factors

Day

Night

Last edited by nielsoncp; 03-19-2019 at 02:19 PM.
Old 01-27-2019, 03:26 AM   #39
nielsoncp
All Star Reserve

Laval, QC - Parc Montmorrency

When I was scouting around Laval on Google Earth I came across a baseball diamond/football field combo. That inspired me to do a multisport stadium, only instead of football, I decided to use soccer as the other sport to use the field. Most of the interior/exterior is metal roofing that's meant to reflect the more modern elements of soccer fields, while the old brick building (where all the baseball stuff is located) is meant to represent the retro baseball trend. This diamond isn't based on a specific park, but was a bit more of a creative interpretation of multi-sport stadiums.

The stadium is pretty spacious, and as such, plays pretty pitcher friendly, as well as pretty open to extra base hits. Speed will be a premium here.

New Zip File Here

Original Zip File here

Park Factors

Day

Night

Last edited by nielsoncp; 03-19-2019 at 02:19 PM.
Old 01-29-2019, 02:39 AM   #40
nielsoncp
All Star Reserve

Toronto, ON - Skydome

The Skydome has always been an interesting park to me. The first convertible roof stadium in North America, and the last of the multisport stadiums, it occupied a weird transitional period in stadium design. If it had been built a couple years later it probably would look a lot less dated than it does today. I tried to imagine what that field could look like - the field is re-oriented towards Lake Ontario and has an old fashioned brick building (my apparent go to to communicate "old timey" in center field, and is about 10k smaller than the actual Rogers Centre. Also, it's called the Skydome, because unbranded stadiums are better.

The park factors were taken from Silvam's Skydome model. It plays pretty righty friendly, and the shorter walls mean its pretty home run friendly.

New Zip file can be found here

Park Factors

Day

Night

Last edited by nielsoncp; 03-19-2019 at 02:20 PM.