Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Front Office Football > FOF - General Discussions

FOF - General Discussions Discuss the upcoming Front Office Football by OOTP Developments here.

Old 09-15-2019, 12:30 AM   #1
BKL
All Star Reserve

Pro Football Strategy 2020

Has anyone played Pro Football Strategy? It looks like an interesting game, but more focused on play calling and coaching than pure franchise mode (i.e., no free agency, limited draft trading, etc.). Nonetheless, seems like possibly a good game. Any play the earlier versions? Thoughts?
Old 09-16-2019, 02:33 PM   #2
mickey7
Minors (Double A)

Absolutely horrible graphics (left over from late 80's early 90's) game play on the other hand is excellent, very realistic results, easy to understand, limited options 32 team leagues only, very little GM type action truly a football only oriented game. It's all about the game on the field and is very good from that aspect.
Old 09-16-2019, 05:33 PM   #3
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey7 View Post
Absolutely horrible graphics (left over from late 80's early 90's)
For what's more or less a management sim, the graphics are actually passable.. And, actually nostalgic for some, as they are the same graphics that Tom Landry Strategy Football used to have back in the day. I played that game in the early 90s or whenever it was popular, so loading up Pro Strategy Football was a bit of nostalgic.

Quote:
game play on the other hand is excellent, very realistic results, easy to understand, limited options 32 team leagues only, very little GM type action truly a football only oriented game. It's all about the game on the field and is very good from that aspect.
I could be wrong on this, but I believe the new version is going to include leagues other than just 32 teams.

I played last year's version a bit. It didn't really immerse me (I'm more of a GM/world building type player and it's pretty bland on that aspect), but it was a fun game. If you enjoy playcalling in-game I think you'll really like it. There is a lot of depth to that aspect of the game.
Old 09-16-2019, 05:36 PM   #4
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Actually, while there may be additional leagues, I guess it is still only 32 team leagues that can be used for career. Here's the info from the developer:

Quote:
"Hey, one fellow asked me about custom leagues, so I need to be sure to clarify this. Only leagues with the modern NFL format can be used for career play, because the format is just so tightly part of career logic. Other leagues (college, past NFL, etc) are currently for exhibition play. I hope to make it possible to play the Single Season option with them as well, even if that comes in an update.

Trying to support any general type of league from 1 to 12 conferences and 2 to 128 teams is pretty hard!
Old 09-21-2019, 06:27 PM   #5
El_Toro50
Bat Boy

Its the same programmer from Tom Landry Football.

As mentioned, the graphics are dated, but the game-play reflects an accurate game of football. So, if the dated graphics of FOF doesn't bother you; then Pro Strategy's interface will not be a concern.

Developer is very responsive to bug fixes and community recommendations.

For the price point, its a great purchase if you are a fan of football sims.
Old 09-23-2019, 12:33 AM   #6
knightdreamer2k
Major Leagues

I have the 2020 version and I find it good for a coaching sim. Management side is lacking and it is unfortunately true as well that there is only 32 league career play. I bought this version because at least it is easier to edit the teams than the prior version.

My wishlist for the game:

Different league options that can be played in career.
More realistic looking graphics
Free agency

I would love this series to be the one when you talk about sports sims that rolls up next the ootp, football managers of the world.
Old 09-26-2019, 09:29 AM   #7
matt2053
Minors (Single A)

Are the plays and offensive sets/formations modernized? Or is it a bunch of pro and I formation stuff?
Old 09-26-2019, 09:34 AM   #8
Maruko
Bat Boy

In my opinion is a very good game for the simulation on field side, maybe the defensive playcalling could be improved but it's good to play.
I think the GM side is very very simple, after a couple of seasons you have a super star roster you can win blinded.

Last edited by Maruko; 09-26-2019 at 09:36 AM.
Old 11-21-2019, 11:00 PM   #9
Reggie
Major Leagues

I have this game. I love the game play on this one. Playing out the games is super fun for me. As mentioned, the management side is very slim. If this had the roster management of something like FBpro 98 had I'd call in sick to work to play it. The graphics don't bother me at all. Like Tecmo on steroids.

It's $20 and I have enough fun with it to make it worth it to me.
Old 11-22-2019, 10:08 AM   #10
redfox000
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggie View Post
I have this game. I love the game play on this one. Playing out the games is super fun for me. As mentioned, the management side is very slim. If this had the roster management of something like FBpro 98 had I'd call in sick to work to play it. The graphics don't bother me at all. Like Tecmo on steroids.

It's $20 and I have enough fun with it to make it worth it to me.
Especially because I can play it on my tablet. The only FB game I can do that with.