Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - 3D Models

Old 07-24-2019, 09:43 AM   #1
zappa1
All Star Starter

problems manually importing ballparks

I don't know if anybody has come across this problem, but when I go to the "actions" dropdown box for manually importing a ballpark, it's reading from my "saved games" folder instead of the "model" folder. I don't know why this started doing this. It always read from the "models" folder before. Is there a way to fix this? I have created a work around for the time being, but I find no way to get it back to reading the "model" folder like it always did before. This did this to me in last year's version, too, but somehow it fixed itself and was normal again. This year it's not fixing itself.

My work around is this. Since it wants to keep reading from the "saved games" folder, I copied the "model" folder and placed it in the "saved games" folder. Now when I go to manually import a ballpark, it looks in the "saved games" folder and reads the "model" folder that I put there. I can then select my ballpark and go on.

For some reason it keeps wanting to read the "saved games" folder instead of the "model" folder and I don't know how to fix it. It seems the path is wrong somehow. Appreciate any help on this. Thank you.

Last edited by zappa1; 07-24-2019 at 11:08 AM.
zappa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 02:38 PM   #2
micropterus58
All Star Starter

In my game when I try to duplicate the same action it defaults to "Z:\OOTP Baseball 20\data\saved_games\New Game.lg\import_export". But if you click on the favorites bar on the top you can select the "DATA" folder, then the "ballparks" and then the "models" folder. Lastly your intended stadium to import. I don't know if you can add to the favorites bar but it would be very helpful. Trying to load the file by using the 3D model/load new 3d model approach defaults to the DATA folder. I don't know if this helps you at all.
micropterus58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 05:08 PM   #3
zappa1
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by micropterus58 View Post
In my game when I try to duplicate the same action it defaults to "Z:\OOTP Baseball 20\data\saved_games\New Game.lg\import_export". But if you click on the favorites bar on the top you can select the "DATA" folder, then the "ballparks" and then the "models" folder. Lastly your intended stadium to import. I don't know if you can add to the favorites bar but it would be very helpful. Trying to load the file by using the 3D model/load new 3d model approach defaults to the DATA folder. I don't know if this helps you at all.
Thanks, but doesn't help.
Old 07-24-2019, 05:23 PM   #4
zappa1
All Star Starter

Here is a shot from OOTP19
You can see the path OOTP baseball 19\ballparks\models
This is how it was always before.

Name:  1977_mlb_1977-07-04_15-57-22.jpg
Views: 474
Size:  164.3 KB

Now the shot from OOTP20
You can see the path is different. Why does it want to look in my saved _games folder? It didn't do this before. This started not long after I got the game and why I don't know. If you look down, you'll see the models folder. I put that there because that was the only way I could figure out how to make it read the models folder.

Name:  1977_mlb_1977-07-15_16-01-34.jpg
Views: 412
Size:  230.3 KB
Old 07-25-2019, 11:01 AM   #5
zappa1
All Star Starter

Latest update didn't help, either.
Old 12-07-2019, 09:28 AM   #6
zappa1
All Star Starter

Well, after all this time I finally fixed the problem. It no longer reads from the save games folder. I kept playin' around with it getting more determined and got it back to normal, Now I don't need the models_copy folder in the saved games folder anymore. Much better.