Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - 3D Models
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-19-2017, 12:08 PM   #1
Gambo
Hall Of Famer

How to use 3D ballparks in historical league?

I understand how to install the ballparks and get them running in game but is there a tutorial on how to use the files in a historical league. Once assigned do they automatically update? Are there any tricks?

Thanks!

OOTP MODS:
Historical Face Gen Project, Spritze/Gambo Database, OOTP Stadium Chart and Ballpark Images, MLB Compiled Uniform & Logo Pack
available at...
http://www.ootpmods.com
Gambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 10:49 AM   #2
drksd4848
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gambo View Post
I understand how to install the ballparks and get them running in game but is there a tutorial on how to use the files in a historical league. Once assigned do they automatically update? Are there any tricks?

Thanks!
I'm pretty sure it will if the ballpark you import is the exact same name of the ballpark that is listed for the team. For example, if you start a league with the '54 Giants and the ballpark they assigned to them is Polo Grounds II, if your 3D ballpark is labeled "Polo Grounds II" it should update.

Alternatively, if you change the ballpark name to "Polo Grounds III" and you import a 3D park labeled "Polo Grounds III" it will update as well.

Again, I'm not entirely sure about this, but I think it will.
drksd4848 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 12:17 PM   #3
Gojira
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I manually set each ballpark when I start the historical game. Once I do that the ballparks update automatically each season (except when the name of the park changes).

Takes less than 5 minutes to do.
Gojira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 08:32 AM   #4
adion
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gojira View Post
I manually set each ballpark when I start the historical game. Once I do that the ballparks update automatically each season (except when the name of the park changes).

Takes less than 5 minutes to do.
As you may have seen when I post Silvam's parks that I have added a background and/or 3D crowd to, I set them eras based on his model version and what I can find from internet sources. For instance, I have 6 versions of Comisky each in a different era, e.g. Comisky 1910-1926, Comisky 1927-1948, etc. Since the edit screen just shows Comisky, it would have no idea which one to use as the names don't match. I don't don't think there is any way to make it automatically select the correct park for the historical year you are playing. So, I do as you do, I manually set it up when I start the season. The only problem is when Silvam comes up with a new version and I have to adjust the park names for the eras. If it impacts the season I am playing the I have to go into the park edit and select the correct park. No big deal.
adion is offline   Reply With Quote