Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 14 > OOTP 14 - New to the Game?
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 14 - New to the Game? If you have basic questions about the game, please come here!

Old 04-19-2013, 08:02 PM   #1
Well-Beered Englishman
Bat Boy

Question Putting real players in a fictional league

So I've made a 16-team league set in the UK, and the draft is "today," but I want to populate my United Kingdom Baseball Association with real, actual major-leaguers and draft from them. Brad told me in a comment on FanGraphs that this is possible by turning on Commissioner Mode, so I have done so, and clicked the IMPORT HISTORICAL PLAYER(S) button, but am at a total loss as to what to do next.

Also, if I can succeed with your help, will I have to do something with all these pesky fictional players? Aside from relegate them to the minors along with the Marlins roster, of course.

Well-Beered Englishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 08:37 PM   #2
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Well-Beered Englishman View Post
So I've made a 16-team league set in the UK, and the draft is "today," but I want to populate my United Kingdom Baseball Association with real, actual major-leaguers and draft from them. Brad told me in a comment on FanGraphs that this is possible by turning on Commissioner Mode, so I have done so, and clicked the IMPORT HISTORICAL PLAYER(S) button, but am at a total loss as to what to do next.

Also, if I can succeed with your help, will I have to do something with all these pesky fictional players? Aside from relegate them to the minors along with the Marlins roster, of course.

Your only option is to have them come in at the Ammy draft or to create a historical league. Another option is restarting your league as a historical league adding fictional teams, then deleting the historical teams, setup other options start your league. I have only done the last options once and don't recall how well it worked. I think you have to delete the historical teams after league setup, which means 1st you would release all players from those teams (i do it manually) then go to League setup Release all players and schedule an Inaugural draft.
The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 09:24 PM   #3
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

You are on the right track.

Commish Mode

FA Page

Import Historical Player

Now you come in - who do you want to import? You have to know this ahead of time. A list doesn't pop up for you to pick from.
Once you know who you want, get his lahman id and follow the steps in the popup window that opens when you click "import historical player" You will see where to enter his lahman id, and then select the year you want him imported from. So if you wanted a 24 yr old Ty Cobb, then find his age and figure out which year he was 24.

When he is importing you will be given the option to have him come in as an FA or through the draft.

Last edited by Bluenoser; 04-19-2013 at 09:25 PM.
Bluenoser is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 09:40 PM   #4
GiantYankee
All Star Starter

If you want to choose from all the players from this season, create a world template of MLB quickstart. Import into your league. Release players from all teams than delete MLB. All MLB players will show up as free agents. Run draft. You can delete players from your fictional league. League transactions--show all players. Select all and delete. Delete the fictional players before importing.

Last edited by GiantYankee; 04-19-2013 at 09:43 PM.
GiantYankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 01:31 AM   #5
Charlie Hough
Hall Of Famer

Good post from GiantYankee. I think people failed to pick up on the idea that the OP wants to use current MLB players and not historical players.
Charlie Hough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 01:40 AM   #6
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie Hough View Post
Good post from GiantYankee. I think people failed to pick up on the idea that the OP wants to use current MLB players and not historical players.
Your right I missed that I thought he meant historical.
The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 06:57 AM   #7
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

If you want a fictional league with this years MLB players, just create a current MLB league for today, then edit your teams to fictional names locations.

You can release all players and hold an inaugural draft. No need to combine a couple of leagues and then delete a bunch of fictional players you didn't want to start with.
Bluenoser is online now   Reply With Quote