Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 14 > OOTP 14 - New to the Game?

OOTP 14 - New to the Game? If you have basic questions about the game, please come here!

Old 04-13-2013, 08:29 PM   #1
Schmenge
Bat Boy

Newbie needs help managing fictional league

Hi everyone! I hope you are enjoying OOTP 14! I am a first time player and feel so overwhelmed! I have created a fictional Canadian Baseball League and GM for Edmonton. Seriously, I really need some good suggestions and advice from anyone who has created a fictional league. I have completed an inaugural draft through scout recomendations, but other than that, as a GM how can I improve and really give this amazing game the test drive it really deserves? Thanking you in advance!!
Schmenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 08:59 PM   #2
olivertheorem
All Star Starter

Look around at the different screens and familiarize yourself with what they're telling you. If you find a particular part of the game too overwhelming for the time being, there's probably an option that will let you hand that over to the AI until you get a handle on the rest. I sim all my games, not sure how you're going about that aspect.
olivertheorem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 06:35 PM   #3
limsol45
Minors (Single A)

It all depends on how you want to play. Do you want to play out every game of your team and make the in-game choices, or do you want sim and do all the trades and signings? Me personally I like to sim my games usually a week or month at a time and get a history going. I will hop in once in a while a play out a game, but usually don't until I reach the playoffs.

For me, ootp is all about doing what you want and being immersed into the universe you created. I think this is true for any dynasty/franchise games. For example when I play NCAA football I like simming a few years so I get my own recruits.

Have you taken advantage of setting up your teams with the custom logos/unis. Look at the mod section and you will find plenty of stuff that can add to the experience of your game, most of which can be downloaded through the in-game "add-on" section.
limsol45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 06:41 PM   #4
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmenge View Post
Hi everyone! I hope you are enjoying OOTP 14! I am a first time player and feel so overwhelmed! I have created a fictional Canadian Baseball League and GM for Edmonton. Seriously, I really need some good suggestions and advice from anyone who has created a fictional league. I have completed an inaugural draft through scout recomendations, but other than that, as a GM how can I improve and really give this amazing game the test drive it really deserves? Thanking you in advance!!
The best way to improve is to find your strengths and weaknesses.

To do that, you need to start playing some games. At least a couple months, then find the strong areas of your team and where it needs improving.

Is your bullpen weak? Start looking for some MR help. FA's, trade, waiver wire.

Not hitting very good? Look for some hitters.

Starters not getting the job done? Look for help.

Don't fall into the "small sample size" trap though. A high rated player who's underperforming may just be on a cold streak, or having an off year, so don't hit the panic button too quickly.

Get familiar with your team, get familiar with your competition, and while you're doing that you'll inevitably get familiar with the game.

G/L with your Canadian League. I've been doing Canadian Leagues for a long time now.
Bluenoser is online now   Reply With Quote