Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Online Leagues

Old 05-29-2012, 02:04 PM   #1
Isryion
Major Leagues

A little assistance: In Game League Update Issue

Just started a new league and I haven't had a GM who has been able to update within the game yet using "check for update." It seems like a timestamp issue or something of that nature. I either have a setting wrong or haven't clicked a box that I need to. Any help here would be greatly appreciated.

A couple of notes:
  • In game, all of my online settings tests are successful.
  • There are no problems when people download the file directly from the server outside of the game(they can access it and it is the updated file).
  • I'm also fairly confident that some, if not all, of the GMs have their settings folder (and dat. files) set up correctly.
  • When I updated the first few times I used the "Upload League File" in Online Settings. When I did it last night, I used the Automator Panel.
  • Finally, I haven't changed the game date itself, so I'm wondering if that may be the issue, but this didn't seem to be a problem in previous editions of the game.

Thanks again for any help.
Isryion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 02:48 PM   #2
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

If the game date hasn't changed/advanced, then there is not going to be an updated file for owners to download. They will continue to get that message until at least one day has been simmed.

Updating images/team names, etc etc has no bearing. You have to advance the league by at least one day.
Bluenoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 03:25 PM   #3
Isryion
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenoser View Post
If the game date hasn't changed/advanced, then there is not going to be an updated file for owners to download. They will continue to get that message until at least one day has been simmed.

Updating images/team names, etc etc has no bearing. You have to advance the league by at least one day.
I thought that might be the issue, but for drafts and things like that, I've been in leagues where there has been updated files without advancing a day. Could it be because players, etc. have been moved and not just images?
Old 05-29-2012, 03:40 PM   #4
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isryion View Post
I thought that might be the issue, but for drafts and things like that, I've been in leagues where there has been updated files without advancing a day. Could it be because players, etc. have been moved and not just images?
The only way that could happen is if you were downloading the file outside the game. If you don't advance a day, you will not get an update to download in game.
Bluenoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 03:48 PM   #5
Isryion
Major Leagues

I very much appreciate the feedback, Bruce, but I'm positive that leagues I've been in have been updated in-game without advancing a day, specifically during drafts where we'll submit lists for one round at a time or draft outside of the game and players are input.

Like I said, the difference there is that it's not just images moving around.

Last edited by Isryion; 05-29-2012 at 03:51 PM.
Old 05-29-2012, 04:04 PM   #6
coljesep
All Star Reserve

I have updated the file without advancing the day and others have been able to download it.

I do everything through the Commissioner Portal.

What are your upload settings?

Could it be firewalls are not allowing a download of a new file?

One of my guys kept hitting the check for updated files and it kept saying there was none.

So I had him delete his entire settings folder contents and I uploaded a new settings file just to be safe.

After he installed that, it worked for him.
coljesep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 12:11 AM   #7
Isryion
Major Leagues

Issue is fixed. Thanks to Fidel at Allsimbaseball. It was literally two mismatched capital letters.