Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 07-21-2019, 04:32 PM   #1
daves
Hall Of Famer

Training decent Outfielders to play 1b?

It seems common, but I am not sure how easy it is to convert outfielders with no infield experience to play 1st. OF's get crowded and I want to convert one to 1b, but with the ratings attached is this possible? Will the Infield ratings attached improve drastically with training?

Has anyone else tried this?
Attached Images

daves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 04:36 PM   #2
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

They have to have reasonable underlying INF ratings already (and being tall helps) to train up well. The example you showed doesn't strike me as a good candidate to learn 1B.

I don't think the underlying ratings will change any. I thought training just affects position-specific ratings. If this weren't true, then pretty much any player in the PT'verse could become a stellar first baseman.

EDIT: According to the positional calculator, that player would train up to an 8 at first base, provided he's 6'3". If he's shorter, then he wouldn't even reach an 8.

Last edited by waittilnextyear; 07-21-2019 at 04:38 PM.
waittilnextyear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 04:39 PM   #3
Goliathus
Major Leagues

I don't think so. The calculator gives me less than 10 rating on 1B from those stats. It's 6 on 1B for a 6' 6" player and that's a very generous height. You will likely get 4-5 from him as a fully trained 1B.

And what waittilnextyear said, those ratings don't change. The only thing that changes is "position experience", which the player will earned from playing the position. A 3/7/6/3/72/43/99 will have the same rating till year 9000.

Last edited by Goliathus; 07-21-2019 at 04:41 PM.
Goliathus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 04:48 PM   #4
daves
Hall Of Famer

I was hoping the ratings would improve with experience. Guess not!

daves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 08:55 PM   #5
<Pion>
All Star Starter

Joc Pederson says Hi...

Been wanting to say something about him (the real life one). He's been playing some 1B for the Dodgers, and honestly, I can't recall anyone looking quite as out of place at 1B as he does. Terrible footwork, clumsy, and has trouble with catching groundballs.

If there have been bigger disasters at 1B (and I'm sure there have), I don't recall seeing. It helps (or hurts depending on how you look at it) that I'm seeing him on a regular basis. Most really bad ones I probably never saw the short time they tried it.
<Pion> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 10:19 PM   #6
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by <Pion> View Post
If there have been bigger disasters at 1B (and I'm sure there have), I don't recall seeing. It helps (or hurts depending on how you look at it) that I'm seeing him on a regular basis. Most really bad ones I probably never saw the short time they tried it.
Dick "Dr. Strangeglove" Stuart comes to mind here.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 12:02 AM   #7
<Pion>
All Star Starter

Unfortunately (or fortunately) he retired five years before I started watching baseball, so never saw him play. Would be fun to have seen what he was like on a daily basis. Heard the Dodger announcers refer to the recent Pederson debacle as "the experiment", so maybe they've given up. Pederson is referred to as athletic, but his footwork at 1B was a nightmare and he had trouble with groundballs and throws in the dirt. At least once a game it seemed...
<Pion> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 12:10 AM   #8
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post
Dick "Dr. Strangeglove" Stuart comes to mind here.
Loved him on homerun derby

OMGPuppies is offline   Reply With Quote