Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team > PT Bug Reports Forum

PT Bug Reports Forum Have a Perfect Team bug to report? Please post here.

Old 06-02-2019, 10:51 AM   #1
Findest2001
All Star Reserve

Cards showing higher last 7 than the "All-Time highest"

Title, which is, of course, statistically impossible, but I see it all the time. I'll post screenshots of any I see throughout the day, but they're all over the place. I'm not sure if there has been a thread or explanation about this, so I'm sorry if it's already been beaten into the ground.

This is usually iron cards with a highest last 7 of like 13, highest all time of maybe 30, and the last 7 will show as in the thousands. I'm no math major, but I know an average cannot be higher than the all-time highest price ever. Is there something wrong in the calculations? PT 19 had a few like this, but I'm seeing it everywhere in PT20.
Old 06-06-2019, 09:16 AM   #2
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

Yeah, I noticed that. It's either a mistake or something to do with the card changing tiers (bronze silver gold diamond), you could get la 7-day average for the card as higher than the all-time high. If they didn't update the all-time high because it went up a tier, and so now it's within the mean sale? It's a mistake but I think it has to do with the minimums on 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s, perfects.

Last edited by One Great Matrix; 06-06-2019 at 09:19 AM.
One Great Matrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 09:23 AM   #3
Findest2001
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Great Matrix View Post
Yeah, I noticed that. It's either a mistake or something to do with the card changing tiers (bronze silver gold diamond), you could get la 7-day average for the card as higher than the all-time high. If they didn't update the all-time high because it went up a tier, and so now it's within the mean sale? It's a mistake but I think it has to do with the minimums on 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s, perfects.
This makes some sense, but when I see it It is usually a iron card with an average of 9pp, and all time high of 15 or 20pp, and the last few average of 4,356 or some crazy number not even in the realm of possibility for that type of card.
Old 06-06-2019, 09:27 AM   #4
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

Yeah, I noticed that. It's either a mistake or something to do with the card changing tiers (bronze silver gold diamond), you could get a 7-day average higher than the all-time high from when it was at a lower tier and it went for 10x the average. Just not an all-time average higher than the all-time high.

Whatever it is, something to do with market fluctuation, updates & maybe the difference between paying 10x more than the week's average vs. paying about the average next week...but the average the next week being 30x what it was last week or month.

This exercise as proved taxing.

Last edited by One Great Matrix; 06-06-2019 at 09:38 AM.
Old 06-06-2019, 09:39 AM   #5
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

Yeah, I noticed that. It's either a mistake or something to do with the card changing tiers (bronze silver gold diamond), you could get like an all-time high for the card as higher than the average for past 7 days. Just not an all-time high higher than the average for the card all-time.

Old 06-06-2019, 10:44 AM   #6
<Pion>
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Findest2001 View Post
Title, which is, of course, statistically impossible, but I see it all the time. I'll post screenshots of any I see throughout the day, but they're all over the place. I'm not sure if there has been a thread or explanation about this, so I'm sorry if it's already been beaten into the ground.

This is usually iron cards with a highest last 7 of like 13, highest all time of maybe 30, and the last 7 will show as in the thousands. I'm no math major, but I know an average cannot be higher than the all-time highest price ever. Is there something wrong in the calculations? PT 19 had a few like this, but I'm seeing it everywhere in PT20.
Typically this happens when someone scams the AH and sells a player to one of his other accounts for more money than is acceptable (Funneling). IIRC, they roll back the purchase for statistical purposes, but not all the fields get rolled back. So I think when this happens they roll back the highest bid, but not the last 7 avg bid.
<Pion> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 12:20 PM   #7
Findest2001
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by <Pion> View Post
Typically this happens when someone scams the AH and sells a player to one of his other accounts for more money than is acceptable (Funneling). IIRC, they roll back the purchase for statistical purposes, but not all the fields get rolled back. So I think when this happens they roll back the highest bid, but not the last 7 avg bid.
Awesome information on the subject! Thanks
Old 06-06-2019, 01:09 PM   #8
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

It's not only for funneling that that happens, but a variety of transactions that are marked as "suspicious" get ignore in the all-time numbers but not always in the recent lists.
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote