Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 14 > OOTP 14 - New to the Game?
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 14 - New to the Game? If you have basic questions about the game, please come here!

Old 04-15-2013, 06:57 PM   #1
Mister_G
All Star Reserve

Auto-Save & Log Options

I don't know why I've never asked this before, but I've always been somewhat unsure about these options. If I don't keep injury logs does that mean if I'm looking through a player's history I will not see his past injuries? If I don't keep transaction logs, does that mean there will be no history of the player being traded? Same with Box Scores and Game Logs. What happens exactly?

I'd like to know this because I like being able to go into a player's history and see how his career went, but I also definitely need my game to run faster.

Thanks in advance.
Mister_G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 09:41 PM   #2
Bigrod
OOTP Stats Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister_G View Post
I don't know why I've never asked this before, but I've always been somewhat unsure about these options. If I don't keep injury logs does that mean if I'm looking through a player's history I will not see his past injuries? If I don't keep transaction logs, does that mean there will be no history of the player being traded? Same with Box Scores and Game Logs. What happens exactly?

I'd like to know this because I like being able to go into a player's history and see how his career went, but I also definitely need my game to run faster.

Thanks in advance.
You lose some of those things at the end of the year anyway (boxscores, game logs, etc. So if you want to review such things later, Check out the Almanac.
I think possibly a lot of your answers can be found by going to the Almanac page in the game (Click the game button and select Almanac) and hit F1 to bring up the help page.
I'm using the dark skin and can't see a lot of the print on the help page, so open the help page in your browser as that works fine.
From that I think you can figure out what is saved for later, how to customize it so you don't lose the info you like to look at as well as what isn't saved.
Hope this helps answer some of your ?s.
Bigrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 04:31 PM   #3
thehatfield
All Star Starter

Maybe someone else can clarify for certain but I don't believe you lose the notations in the player's individual history. You'd just lose the ability to go back in your league history to see transactions by month.

If you almanac, I also believe that if you want to capture all transactions you have to almanac after the last game of the playoffs but before you move to the offseason. When you advance to the offseason all of the league transactions are wiped and you end up almanacing only the transactions from the end of the playoffs through the end of December. It makes it a little wonky with the league champions, but at least you get all of the stats and transactions.

SBC - Western Suburbs Magpies

no pressure no problem

thehatfield is offline   Reply With Quote