Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - Technical Support > Bug Reports Forum

Bug Reports Forum Have a bug to report? Please post here.

Old 08-04-2019, 04:50 PM   #1
as5680
All Star Starter

Length of Hitting Streak

I have a player who is currently on a long hitting streak in one of my leagues (across the current and previous season) and there is a difference between the number of games being given in news stories and the number shown on the Streaks page in his league statistics.

The numbers have been one out following each game - after his most recent game, the news story said that he had extended the streak to 34 but on the Streaks page, he is listed on 35. I have looked back through the Almanac for the previous season and I am sure that 35 is correct.

Something has obviously gone wrong with the counting - all I can think of is that his team played a double header on the final day of the previous season. Could this cause such a discrepancy?
as5680 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 08:24 PM   #2
swoboda
All Star Starter

I wrote about the same exact issue a couple of months ago.

The late great Lindsey Nelson
swoboda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 04:19 AM   #3
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

It would help to post the text from the news story (so we can look it up in the text db). It's possibly just the story itself using a wrong tag and the count is correct, or there may be something else here.
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 06:24 AM   #4
as5680
All Star Starter

The news report on the last game of the streak was:

----------

David Hawkins has been on a tear for several weeks, and his hitting streak just keeps getting longer. The 29-year-old Edmonton Green left fielder extended his streak today to 34 games, going 3-for-5 as Edmonton got the best of the Tottenham Lock at Town Road, 4-3.

"David has been playing real well lately and we're proud of him," Green manager Rowland Holmes said. David Hawkins struck out in the 1st, struck out in the 2nd, singled in the 5th, doubled in the 6th and singled in the 8th.

This year Hawkins is hitting .380 with no home runs.

------------

I should add though that when the streak ended in the next game, the news story correctly gave the length at 35 games, but the reports on previous games (every game past 30 etc) were all one out.

Edit: Having checked all the past news stories, even the report on a 20-game hit streak, which came before the double header at the end of the previous season, was one out. That report refers to the 21st game of the streak.

Last edited by as5680; 08-05-2019 at 06:35 AM.
as5680 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 07:34 AM   #5
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Okay, thanks, yeah it looks like all the "extended" streaks may be out by a game on the text news (we write the news story before we have updated the streak value).
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 04:51 PM   #6
swoboda
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Arnold View Post
Okay, thanks, yeah it looks like all the "extended" streaks may be out by a game on the text news (we write the news story before we have updated the streak value).
Agree that was the conclusion I reached on mine discrepancy of one game

The late great Lindsey Nelson
swoboda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 06:56 AM   #7
JMDurron
All Star Starter

I am also seeing this issue, it's a relief to see that it is known and understood by the devs.
JMDurron is offline   Reply With Quote