Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - Technical Support > Bug Reports Forum

Bug Reports Forum Have a bug to report? Please post here.

Old 07-14-2019, 12:55 PM   #1
Ashbury
Minors (Single A)

New job as GM

Hi. I don't feel like uploading a game file, because it seems to happen pretty consistently, for several releases now (I'm only now getting around to reporting it). I'm playing a Fictional league, as a GM only, about 35 years into it by now, and after sitting out about 10 seasons to let the league develop further, I accepted a job as GM, the first day of the off-season. In the welcoming message, the Owner had this friendly opening: "Welcome to a new season. I expect more from you. I want you to remain a part of our organization, but I will be forced to seriously re-evaluate our leadership structure if everyone in your office doesn't step up their game..."

Nice first day on the job. Yes, the team had a losing record. But it wasn't my fault. I suspect some flag isn't being zeroed out, either when I quit my previous job or else when I accepted this new one.

While I'm on the subject, I might mention a related anomaly. One season, earlier in the league's history, an expansion was announced, the day after the World Series was over. I thought that might be fun, and I immediately accepted the job opening for one of the two teams. Among the owner's expectations: build up my minor league system. Fair enough, but after one season, the complaint from my owner was that the farm was still low-ranked, and I hadn't brought up enough of my prospects to the big team. The complaints continued for the following seasons too. Maybe some different logic is needed for setting owner goals, when it's an expansion team and for the first several seasons thereafter.

And now a third anomaly: when I become GM of a brand-new expansion team, why are the minor league managers and coaches already in place? Who is the previous miracle-worker GM that hired them all in the blink of an eye? They're such mediocrities too - I have to fire them all and hire good ones in their place. The rosters of players are empty, I think the coaching staff should be too. Blank slate.

Thanks for listening to these nitpicks concerning a style of play that probably not too many take part in. Otherwise someone would have mentioned these long ago.

Last edited by Ashbury; 07-14-2019 at 01:01 PM.
Ashbury is offline   Reply With Quote