Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Developments > Talk Sports
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Talk Sports Discuss everything that is sports-related, like MLB, NFL, NHL, NBA, MLS, NASCAR, NCAA sports and teams, trades, coaches, bad calls etc.

Old 07-12-2019, 04:29 PM   #1
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Sports Talk Radio

What shows do you like? What hosts do you like? What hosts do you dislike?. Figured it would be better to move this here instead of letting it take over the NBA thread.
David Watts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 06:12 PM   #2
Cobra Mgr
Hall Of Famer

Dan LeBetard is the only national one I listen to. I used to like the Right Time w/Bomani Jones, but he is exclusively on TV now.

Locally, I like the Sports Shop here in Raleigh. It's the only all African American morning sports radio show in the country. I like it because it is a safe place for the "black" perspective. They have standup comedians come in on Fridays when they have shows @ Charlie Goodnight's. They give voice to people working in the community. Unique guests. Varied sports, including racing & women's sports.

But I also think they get too afro-centric sometimes. Especially when the Colin Kaepernick stuff hits the news. Whenever a QB gets hurt, it goes back to him. I think they need to chill with it because they have not just an entertaining show, but an important show. And they are going to turn off other people if they make it seem their show is geared to one audience. They have a show that should be heard by all.

The evening drive is Adam & Joe and I hate it. The only reason I ever have it on is because I can hear the latest local sports news. But they are snarky & condescending to the listener and talk down to any view that differs from theirs. The only good reason to tune in is because Bomani Jones calls in on Friday @ 530pm. He got his start here, so he knows the guys and does them a solid. Otherwise, pass. Unless one of the subs is in. Seems like just about anyone they have sit in when one is on vacation is superior to those 2 blowhards.

That same station on Saturday morning has a show called SportsChannel 8 that is very entertaining. A lot like LeBetard w/a more local focus. During football season, that station also used to have Steve Logan on Saturday. He's a former HC of ECU and an ex-NFL coordinator. I hope he comes back this fall. Real laid back, and as unprofessional as it gets. So it's just like hanging with your neighbor on the porch. But don't let his demeanor & country accent full you. It's like listening to the Hubie Brown of football. You gain new insight about the game each time you tune him in.
4 all my future crimes.

- Prince
Batdance
June 7, 1958 - Apr 21, 2016
Cobra Mgr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 06:15 PM   #3
Andy
Hall Of Famer

As mentioned in the NBA thread, even though Golic & Wingo typically talk about football, I do usually enjoy them. I still enjoy Dan Patrick and Rich Eisen is excellent. On Sirius MLB channel I really like Power Alley with Mike Ferrin and Jim Duquette, mainly for Ferrin (really smart guy). I also like Inside Pitch on MLB with Casey Stern and Brad Lidge, even if I don’t always agree with them it’s still entertaining.
Andy is offline   Reply With Quote