Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 20 - General Discussions Everything about the newest version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 07-03-2019, 09:44 PM   #1
OldFatGuy
All Star Starter

Is is Possible in OOTP to....

control every team and play out every game and manage subs for both teams in game and manage all roster moves out of game, etc.???

I have always played every version making a league, simming 30 years or so, and then taking over the absolute worst team with the lowest budget. And no matter what settings I use or don't use I end up being very good in 3 to 5 years and the challenge is.... gone.

So I was wondering if I could just create an 8 or 12 team league and control every aspect of all of them, including playing out games and making in game decisions for both teams, and just sort of enjoy the game that way. Sort of like I used to do back in the day with an old boxed game called Superstar Baseball IIRC.
Old 07-04-2019, 03:45 PM   #2
statfreak
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
control every team and play out every game and manage subs for both teams in game and manage all roster moves out of game, etc.???

I have always played every version making a league, simming 30 years or so, and then taking over the absolute worst team with the lowest budget. And no matter what settings I use or don't use I end up being very good in 3 to 5 years and the challenge is.... gone.

So I was wondering if I could just create an 8 or 12 team league and control every aspect of all of them, including playing out games and making in game decisions for both teams, and just sort of enjoy the game that way. Sort of like I used to do back in the day with an old boxed game called Superstar Baseball IIRC.
I don't have OOTP 20 yet, but in previous versions there was a setting that said something like, Set All Teams To Controlled By [GM Name]. It is in League Settings.
Old 07-04-2019, 03:56 PM   #3
eldur00
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post

Have you tried playing as Manager only ? It ups the difficulty quite a bit when you relinquish control to unknown entities.
eldur00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2019, 04:27 PM   #4
CorinthiansIII
Bat Boy

Yes, you can do that. that's how I play my league.

Go to the League Settings tab, then the Functions tab, then there's an option in the bottom of the middle column to 'Set all teams to controlled by you'

After that you can go into Manager Settings and toggle with the things you actually want to do. I handle all in-game substitutions, but let the engine do trades and budgets.
CorinthiansIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2019, 12:20 AM   #5
OldFatGuy
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorinthiansIII View Post
Yes, you can do that. that's how I play my league.

Go to the League Settings tab, then the Functions tab, then there's an option in the bottom of the middle column to 'Set all teams to controlled by you'

After that you can go into Manager Settings and toggle with the things you actually want to do. I handle all in-game substitutions, but let the engine do trades and budgets.

THANK YOU very much. You know, I've seen that setting before but for some reason got it in my head that it was more like a temporary "tool" than a setting to play the game in. I don't know why I got that idea, but there it is. I wasn't sure it would let me play out every game on the schedule and manage both teams in every game but I guess you guys are all saying it does.

Thank you all very much. I'm going to set up my 16 team league I was working on now as the guy in charge of all teams...
Old 07-05-2019, 06:41 AM   #6
Andy
Hall Of Famer

You’ll also need to turn off a setting. I think it’s called “Simulate world in background.” Don’t have the game in front of me and don’t remember exactly where it is. This way other games won’t be played while you’re playing one out.
Andy is offline   Reply With Quote