Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 07-27-2019, 09:06 AM   #3881
Charlatan
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argonaut View Post
Checked my account just now and my Sisler sold for 89,500 buy-it-now.

After the baseball gubmint takes its cut, I'm left with 80,550 PP. But still, I've never had so much... don't even know what to do with it!
Holy smokes.... I guess the market has spoken. Man... I'm speechless.

Plus, now I'm wondering if I should complete that collection on some team with the express idea to sell the reward. Can't do it on my Senators team since I actually want to use the card there (or... do I???).
Charlatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2019, 09:32 AM   #3882
Charlatan
All Star Starter

G307 Update

Annandale's lead shrinks heading into final month

The final month will decide it all. Annandale, Ozark, and Redmond all have plenty of OL games on the schedule. Janesville is done and as a result, they can't win the title.

Ozark has a two-week stretch in the middle of the month where they play 13 OL games in a row, including playing Annandale 3x and Redmond 7x. After that stretch the picture should come pretty clear.

Crystal ball says odds of winning the title are:

Annandale: 57%
Ozark: 28%
Redmond 15%

Non OL News
  • Redmond leads the AC Central
  • Annandale (barely) holds the second AC wild card spot
  • Tacoma has an outside shot at an AC wild card spot
  • Harbour Town leads the NC East
  • Janesville has an outside shot at a NC wild card spot

So we will get between 2 and 4 teams in the playoffs

No team is in danger of relegation

Code:
Our League Standings - G307 - 2036			
			 W	 L	Pct
Annandale Atom Smashers	27	19	.587
Janesville Onyx		 9	 7	.563
Ozark Bobcats		22	20	.524
Redmond Defenders	22	23	.489
Texas Strangers		14	15	.483
Sanguine Classics	 8	 9	.471
Harbour Town Falcons	 4	 5	.444
Tacoma Aroma		 9	17	.346

x
Attached Images
Old 07-27-2019, 09:49 AM   #3883
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Here are the tiebreakers

Unless the teams have played the same number of games, you can usually break the percentage tie by going more decimal places to the right first. Here it is as a png and a txt file.
Attached Images
Attached Files
File Type: txt Tiebreakers.txt (1.2 KB, 20 views)
Stanley Kuppchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2019, 10:08 AM   #3884
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Diamond league update:

Ewa Beach remains perched atop the OL standings, with Victoria sliding into second as we hit the final month of the regular season.

in the overall picture.... 8 of the 10 playoff spots are currently held by OL teams. In the AC East, Ewa Beach has a comfortable 9.5 game lead over second place Waffletown (and has owned the series between the two teams this season at 12-4). The Syrups hold the second wild card spot. Shasta is a distant 21.5 games back in 4th place. In the AC Central, Victoria owns the best record in the league at 87-46, and already has a single digit magic number before any September games have been played. Chippewa holds down 2nd place, but 21 games back of the lead; and Roncalli has dropped back to 4th place, 30.5 games back. In the AC West, OL teams hold down the first three spots, with the Seattle Pilots atop the division at 85-48. Luckenbach is 8.5 games back in second place and holds the top wild card spot. Motown is 15.5 games off the division lead, but only 3 games back of the second wild card position.

In the NC East, the Seattle Endless Summer hold the top spot in the division with a slim 2.5 game lead. Cooper has struggled to find a good groove this season and sits in 5th place, 10.5 games back. In the NC Central, Harlem (led by their god-man Walter Johnson, 21-2 already this season), holds the top spot in the division with a 6 game cushion. In the NC West, Transylvania sits in 2nd place, just 2.5 games back of the lead; and in the second wild card position.
Attached Images
Image Image 
stl jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2019, 02:40 PM   #3885
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Perfect
Attached Images

OMGPuppies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2019, 06:25 PM   #3886
Edster007
All Star Starter

It was bound to happen sooner or later. I was just bouncing through teams. I had some cards to auction and wanted to go shopping for some players. Came across one that would be a great fit for Everett with a fair BN price so I did. Only problem was I was logged into the Boogie Knights when I did it. The player does fit the Knights theme but I may need to to auction and hope I get my points back smh...
Edster007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2019, 07:46 PM   #3887
Charlatan
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edster007 View Post
It was bound to happen sooner or later. I was just bouncing through teams. I had some cards to auction and wanted to go shopping for some players. Came across one that would be a great fit for Everett with a fair BN price so I did. Only problem was I was logged into the Boogie Knights when I did it. The player does fit the Knights theme but I may need to to auction and hope I get my points back smh...
You have my sympathy... I am so paranoid that I'll do that, but it hasn't happened so far.
Old 07-27-2019, 11:47 PM   #3888
allenciox
All Star Reserve

Well, it looks like seven of the 12 OL teams will make the playoffs in perfect this season; and none will be relegated. Pretty good showing for perfect league, I think!

allenciox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2019, 11:51 PM   #3889
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by allenciox View Post
Well, it looks like seven of the 12 OL teams will make the playoffs in perfect this season; and none will be relegated. Pretty good showing for perfect league, I think!

nice..... 8 of 10 playoff teams are OL in Diamond (the entire AC conference playoff tree is OL teams, so guaranteed minimum 2 teams moving up).... no OL teams in danger of relegation
Old 07-28-2019, 02:45 AM   #3890
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Down to the wire in OL S320

Came in from a late night out and thought I'd take a peek at the OL race. It comes down to this. Pablo went on a late run and passed Sad Hill in the chase. There's one game left. Sad Hill must beat Chi-Town while Pablo loses to Hampton Roads. Any other result gives the Pandas the crown. It actually may be finishing as I type this...

It did, and both lost, so it seems that Panda wins the crown .5959 to .5955.

One caveat. This was a quick scan through tired eyes. Standings will follow when I wake up later this morning. I sure hope I didn't just create a "DEWEY WINS!" headline. Congrats to the Pandas.

Here's the playoff picture in PT. At least two going to gold. Melaka will be relegated to bronze. Time to sleep.
Attached Images
Old 07-28-2019, 04:53 AM   #3891
joehart
All Star Starter

Great turn-around for the Chi-Town Towers.

The team went 19-7 in September and captured the division after being behind most of the season.

Good luck to all teams in Silver. We only need to beat two non-OL teams to capture the championship for the league.

joehart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2019, 04:56 AM   #3892
Goliathus
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanley Kuppchaser View Post
Melaka will be relegated to bronze. Time to sleep.

Wonderful, I was praying for a relegation yesterday. The paired up with silver OL teams tell me all I need to know about my team's position on silver(.500 in an OL-lite division; can't hang in an OL division). With Bronze being the starting area of OL now that Iron is rather barren, I am happy to compete there until I find more upgrades on my fielders. On one hand, SE Hideki Matsui is batting better than most of my team this season, so that's a 6.8K well spent.
Goliathus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2019, 07:27 AM   #3893
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Pablo Hangs On to Capture Crown in OL S320

The Pandas and Hunters each went 11-8 in yesterday's sim, to give Pablo the crown by a single game. Although I didn't quite get to "DEWEY WINS" status, I did type in the wrong numbers for the winning percentage in my early morning post. The scenario was correct, however. A Sad Hill win in their game against Chi-Town would have given the Hunters the top spot. The Towers were a red-hot 18-6 down the stretch, taking 5-of-6 from Sad Hill.
Attached Images
Image Image 
Old 07-28-2019, 07:29 AM   #3894
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

First OL Crown of 2036

Congrats to the Pandas.
Attached Images
Old 07-28-2019, 07:31 AM   #3895
Edster007
All Star Starter

Philadelphia takes Bronze OL Crown

We had a tight race going into the last month of the season. Philadelphia posted a 9-5 OL record while Corinth only managed a 9-8 record in the final month of the season. Asheboro posted a 13-6 record to move into third as Washington could only win 8 of their 19 OL contests.

Congrats to the Patriots!
Attached Images
Old 07-28-2019, 07:32 AM   #3896
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Just a thought...

I'm wondering what people think of the idea of OL teams who win crowns using their crown logo for the next season in PT. I think it'd be kind of interesting to see if it came up as a question the forums. Just for fun.
Old 07-28-2019, 07:41 AM   #3897
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Patriots Brandish Bronze Crown

Congratulations.
Attached Images
Old 07-28-2019, 07:49 AM   #3898
Edster007
All Star Starter

Bronze Playoffs

We had an OL Winner in every division. O'Fallon had to play a 163rd game to win the AC Central. OL took 3 of the 4 wildcard spots.

In the American Philadelphia will take on the winner of the Salem-Miami game while O'Fallon will take on Washington.

In the National Corinth will take on the winner of the New York-Northboro WC clash and the Rockin' Robins will face-off vs Woodinville.
Attached Images
Image Image 
Old 07-28-2019, 10:00 AM   #3899
Charlatan
All Star Starter

G307 Regular Season Final

Annandale cruises to title in Gold

Redmond went 8-2 in OL play in September (and 20-8 overall!), but Annandale's 3 game sweep of the Strangers clinched the title for the Atom Smashers

Playoffs News
  • Redmond won the AC Central
  • Annandale will host the AC wild card game (the WC teams were tied but I guess Annandale "won" by being first alphabetically??)
  • Harbour Town squeaked into the NC East title
We will have 3 OL teams in the playoffs. If Annandale wins they would play Redmond in the Division series, so if Annandale wins their WC game we will see one OL team advance for sure. My teams specialize in losing WC games though, so don't count on that happening!

No team is being relegated from gold.

Code:
Our League Standings - G307 - 2036			
			 W	 L	Pct
Annandale Atom Smashers	33	22	.600
Janesville Onyx		 9	 7	.563
Redmond Defenders	30	25	.545
Ozark Bobcats		26	29	.473
Harbour Town Falcons	 7	 8	.467
Texas Strangers		14	18	.438
Tacoma Aroma		12	17	.414
Sanguine Classics	 9	14	.391

x
Attached Images
Image Image 

Last edited by Charlatan; 07-28-2019 at 10:03 AM.
Old 07-28-2019, 10:01 AM   #3900
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edster007 View Post
We had an OL Winner in every division. O'Fallon had to play a 163rd game to win the AC Central. OL took 3 of the 4 wildcard spots.

In the American Philadelphia will take on the winner of the Salem-Miami game while O'Fallon will take on Washington.

In the National Corinth will take on the winner of the New York-Northboro WC clash and the Rockin' Robins will face-off vs Woodinville.

last place in the OL standings.... and first place in their division (not sure a team with 87 losses should be winning a division, but what can ya do)