Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Discover the new amazing online league competition & card collecting mode of OOTP!

Old 11-13-2018, 03:50 AM   #1
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Lightbulb List of features still coming + suggestions thread!

Hey guys,

I though it would be useful if I'd create a thread where I list all the features we have planned for the near and distant future, and also have one place where you can post your very own feature ideas.

Features coming before the official launch late November:
- PT universe screen
- The ability to view the profile of other managers
- A list of all managers in the PT universe, plus the ability to mark managers as friends
- Unlock the occasional player card pack by playing offline Challenge Mode (probably)
- Option to purchase PP on the eSellerate, Origin and Mac AppStore version
- A log which lists all your PP transactions
- Adding a ballpark info tab to the team screen so you can see the park factors of other teams

Coming after the release, but still for OOTP 19:
- Better league names, using a batting average number and the level name, eg. "Bronze .326"

Coming for OOTP 20:
- Tournaments! You can enter up to 3 tournaments (while still being in the regular league system) at the same time. There will be plenty of tournaments daily, with varying sizes and rule sets.
- Collection missions: We'll have plenty of collections & related missions, for example "Collect all Braves SP from the 90's". When a collection is complete, you can redeem it for a special card or a pack or PP (remains to be decided)
- More historical cards & categories
- A record book page where you can see team & player season records for the whole universe, by level. Eg. who hit the most HR in a season in double A (both individual player & team)
- The ability to visit other leagues (including finished ones) as a guest so you can check out stats, box scores etc.
- A watchlist for cards in the AH

Coming for OOTP 20 or 21:
- Live challenges: Challenge other managers for a head-to-head live game. Winner gets PP!

OK, that is our list so far. Let us know your suggestions! Please keep in mind that a few controversial ones were already discussed and dismissed, for example leagues that do not allow PP purchases, or any limits on PP purchases. The PT universe will always remain one unified system without restrictions.

Cheers,
Markus

Last edited by Markus Heinsohn; 12-17-2018 at 03:27 AM.
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 04:25 AM   #2
yoye
Bat Boy

A public Rest API. Read only capability would be enough. A lot of games have growth there community thanks to public API.
A lot of developers, me the first, could create useful tools and this could relieve the dev team for a moment.
yoye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 04:48 AM   #3
SayHey1
Minors (Triple A)

What would you think of allowing us to auction Packs of cards we receive (instead of opening them)? Edit: Perhaps special packs only or those we get from Challenge Mode rewards?

Last edited by SayHey1; 11-13-2018 at 05:00 AM.
SayHey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 05:01 AM   #4
SayHey1
Minors (Triple A)

Also, can we get some sort of in game bulletin board for our league? A place to leave comments or threads that our fellow competitors can easily find?
SayHey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 05:43 AM   #5
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SayHey1 View Post
Also, can we get some sort of in game bulletin board for our league? A place to leave comments or threads that our fellow competitors can easily find?
This will probably never happen, as this would be a moderator's nightmare. We'll stick to the Discord channels for each level for now.
Old 11-13-2018, 05:43 AM   #6
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoye View Post
A public Rest API. Read only capability would be enough. A lot of games have growth there community thanks to public API.
A lot of developers, me the first, could create useful tools and this could relieve the dev team for a moment.
Yes, that will be done in the future
Old 11-13-2018, 07:02 AM   #7
Cobbiusto
Minors (Triple A)

Someone suggested this elsewhere, but I would love to see cards that represented current and historic Major League ballparks that we could use instead of the generic ones. Not sure if this is possible/feasible programming wise and some changes would have to be made to some parks to keep them from being overpowered, but would make for a really cool collectible series. The iconic parks are the only thing missing in this fantastic mode.
Cobbiusto is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 07:16 AM   #8
mikezone13
All Star Reserve

Here's some I've posted before...

- Fix the column headers in place for large lists so when scrolling down you still know what the columns are showing

- Show the purchase/sale history of each card, so I know that if I bought a guy for say 1,000 I know what I need to sell him for to make a profit, potentially show this on the player history log

- Show some auction stats for each player card available for sale, e.g. highest sell price, lowest sell price, avg sell price, # sold etc.

- I'd like to see a 'player source' tag on their profile/history, i.e. where did I get the player from
Examples
- Sourced from inaugural packs 15 May
- Purchased at auction for 1,500 PP 20 June
- Found in purchased standard pack 15 July

- This was mentioned by someone else but I really liked it have total PP earned by each player that can be easily seen
mikezone13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 07:58 AM   #9
Kushiel
All Star Starter

I would like to be able to make player trades within our current league. If possible using current MLB trade rules including the trade line.I do not know if this would cause a big snafu or not but when I was a kid in the '50's trading our baseball cards was a passion for many looking for that favorite player.

Kushiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 08:08 AM   #10
mpatt75
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
This will probably never happen, as this would be a moderator's nightmare. We'll stick to the Discord channels for each level for now.
What is a discord channel?
mpatt75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 09:09 AM   #11
AdamD
Minors (Single A)

A team search filter on the AH so I can find all the braves
AdamD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 09:31 AM   #12
mikezone13
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamD View Post
Can we add to that the following search criteria:

- Search by individual ratings, handedness
Old 11-13-2018, 09:36 AM   #13
Galeg
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamD View Post

This is (kind of) a feature already. I noticed it by accident the other day when trying to search by player name. I believe I searched CIN and it brought up players from that team along with players who have that in their name.
Galeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 09:39 AM   #14
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikezone13 View Post
- Fix the column headers in place for large lists so when scrolling down you still know what the columns are showing
Where exactly are you seeing this? Please post screenshots on the PT bug reports forum.
Old 11-13-2018, 09:39 AM   #15
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galeg View Post
This is (kind of) a feature already. I noticed it by accident the other day when trying to search by player name. I believe I searched CIN and it brought up players from that team along with players who have that in their name.
Yes, the search already searches the entire card title, which includes the team abbreviation.
Old 11-13-2018, 09:40 AM   #16
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpatt75 View Post
What is a discord channel?
It's a website which offers a great chatting platform. See here:

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...d.php?t=294180
Old 11-13-2018, 09:55 AM   #17
mikezone13
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
Where exactly are you seeing this? Please post screenshots on the PT bug reports forum.
The player card list 'Collection - Full List' is the heading.

Will post
Old 11-13-2018, 11:19 AM   #18
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikezone13 View Post
The player card list 'Collection - Full List' is the heading.

Will post
Fixed.
Old 11-13-2018, 11:44 AM   #19
Maddox
All Star Reserve

My suggestion is to not make any player cards exclusive or non-sellable.

I hate that about The Show.

Non-sellable - I hated when I would work hard on a collection or team epic or some other mission that required a lot of my time only to be rewarded with a card I could not sell when I did not need it anymore.

Exclusive - One of the things that killed The Show for me was the realization of just how many cards I would never be able to obtain. When they made Stan Musial the first legend that required you to play online to have a chance to earn him that was the beginning of the end for me in that game. As a Cardinals fan, having the most desired player from your favorite team locked behind gameplay mode you don't enjoy playing stung.
Maddox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 11:58 AM   #20
Ashbury
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
- Making a bid on an auction within the last 30 seconds will add another 30 seconds to auction length
Welp. There goes my best way of acquiring players.

Concur on the other poster's suggestion to add final result column for the Auction History and Bid History displays.

Last edited by Ashbury; 11-13-2018 at 11:59 AM.
Ashbury is offline   Reply With Quote