Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 2 > FHM 2 - Technical Support
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

FHM 2 - Technical Support Having trouble with FHM 2 or want to report a bug? Please see here.

Old 10-05-2015, 12:58 AM   #221
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredreed View Post
Is It me or is there something wrong with offering contracts to free agents. I noticed that certain free agents ask for say 13,900,000 but you can only go up to 10,000,000 not any higher is this a bug in the game?
I also see that when editing the rules you change dressed players to 23 but It always goes back to 20 why Is that?
Hmm, sounds like that's an old limit on the salary entry interface that should've been removed, or at least upped.

The 23 dressed players may be limited by the number of spots available for line assignment - can you try 22 and see if it still resets to 20 then?
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 12:59 AM   #222
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raikogen View Post
Started a new game as GM of New Jersey Devils. Can't seem to sim past Oct 24 ... every time I finish the day on Oct 24 going to Oct 25 the game will crash.

Running on Windows 10.
Can you upload the save file for us to have a look at? Instructions here.
Old 10-05-2015, 01:01 AM   #223
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan4 View Post
Two issues, For an entry-level contract offer. My player won't sign unless I offer him 2.2mil but the issue is the standard contract in 950k and second, my submit button doesn't work when offering contracts anymore. It did before I updated, I'm on a Mac.
Could you give me a few more details on the player? Name if he's real and not generated, somebody you've drafted or are signing as a free agent, season you're in, which mode (modern/fictional/historical) you're playing?
Old 10-05-2015, 02:17 AM   #224
RCR86
Bat Boy

Is incorrect league history considered a bug? The Tri-City Americans of the WHL are listed in my game as the 2013-2014 champions when in reality they were eliminated in the Conference Quarterfinals. Oddly enough the actual champions (Edmonton Oil Kings) are also listed as league champions for that season, but only in their team history.
RCR86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 03:36 AM   #225
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCR86 View Post
Is incorrect league history considered a bug? The Tri-City Americans of the WHL are listed in my game as the 2013-2014 champions when in reality they were eliminated in the Conference Quarterfinals. Oddly enough the actual champions (Edmonton Oil Kings) are also listed as league champions for that season, but only in their team history.
I probably entered a '1' in the wrong place in the championship column for the Americans. The league can only show one champion, so it's taking Tri-City, but Edmonton has a championship in their records for that year, too, so it shows up in their history. I'll fix it, let me know if you catch any more.
Old 10-05-2015, 10:09 AM   #226
Rasmuth
All Star Starter

text is not clear

I posted this in the General discussions area...no response...so I figured I'd try here.

I have a laptop...Windows 7...the text in the game is just not clear and sharp. Have latest drivers....clear type text is on.

No issues like this with other ootp games....anybody have any ideas. The laptop is a bit older but has enough horsepower for the game.

Most of the bold text is fine, it's just the regular text is just not clear...it's not a gamebreaker, but I see screenshots here and it's so much clearer.

Any ideas?
Rasmuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 10:41 AM   #227
hockeyfan4
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
Could you give me a few more details on the player? Name if he's real and not generated, somebody you've drafted or are signing as a free agent, season you're in, which mode (modern/fictional/historical) you're playing?
It's Evgeny Svechnikov, Red Wings first round pick this past draft, was already in the system. I just finished my first season, in early July 2016. Playing modern.

It won't let me offer him or anyone a contract. I am under the cap as well. I click submit offer andnothing happens. I did sign one player before I updated and it worked.
hockeyfan4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 11:39 AM   #228
pens66
Major Leagues

Historical mode, currently in June 1981:

It seems that there's a problem with the merger of the Cleveland Barons and the Minnesota North Stars in the summer of 1978. There are now, in 1981, multiple players whose rights are still owned by Cleveland although they don't exist anymore.
pens66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 12:07 PM   #229
Riverdome
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasmuth View Post
I posted this in the General discussions area...no response...so I figured I'd try here.

I have a laptop...Windows 7...the text in the game is just not clear and sharp. Have latest drivers....clear type text is on.

No issues like this with other ootp games....anybody have any ideas. The laptop is a bit older but has enough horsepower for the game.

Most of the bold text is fine, it's just the regular text is just not clear...it's not a gamebreaker, but I see screenshots here and it's so much clearer.

Any ideas?
Have you tried different resolutions? Might actually try disabling clear type, just as a troubleshooting step.
Old 10-05-2015, 12:22 PM   #230
Rasmuth
All Star Starter

I have tried different resolutions...not all of them...so I guess that will be the next step.

I did turn the clear type off...and it...wasn't good...lol
Rasmuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 01:23 PM   #231
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pens66 View Post
Historical mode, currently in June 1981:

It seems that there's a problem with the merger of the Cleveland Barons and the Minnesota North Stars in the summer of 1978. There are now, in 1981, multiple players whose rights are still owned by Cleveland although they don't exist anymore.
Any particular pattern to them you can see, e.g. guys who were unsigned Cleveland draft picks when the franchise went inactive?
Old 10-05-2015, 01:28 PM   #232
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan4 View Post
It's Evgeny Svechnikov, Red Wings first round pick this past draft, was already in the system. I just finished my first season, in early July 2016. Playing modern.

It won't let me offer him or anyone a contract. I am under the cap as well. I click submit offer andnothing happens. I did sign one player before I updated and it worked.
Strange, there are no obvious errors in his data that would make him break the entry level rules with his contract demands. We'll check it out.
Old 10-05-2015, 01:56 PM   #233
no way
Minors (Triple A)

Hello,
For some reason, it feels like Ice time distribution just doesn't really work, I did set my 1st Defence pair to 28 minutes and quite often they get 20 - 25 minutes in game, I get that it shouldn't be 28 minutes each game, but in my opinion it should generate an average ice time of 27 - 29 in season instead of barelly 25.
Also Stamina atributte doesn't seems to have no input to this issue, 20 or 40 generates same Icetime.
Game is great overall, just some minor stuff like this
no way is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 02:47 PM   #234
Justmeingardner
Minors (Single A)

First of all, great game! Am loving it. I am seeing a problem while playing games out of duplicate players on same line on ice at same time. For instance, Wayne Cashman playing both wings simultaneously. Don't know if anybody else has reported this. Have screenshot if necessary. I am playing All shots watch mode, PBP speed fast and normal clock speed, if that helps. Thanks.
Justmeingardner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 03:04 PM   #235
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by no way View Post
Hello,
For some reason, it feels like Ice time distribution just doesn't really work, I did set my 1st Defence pair to 28 minutes and quite often they get 20 - 25 minutes in game, I get that it shouldn't be 28 minutes each game, but in my opinion it should generate an average ice time of 27 - 29 in season instead of barelly 25.
Also Stamina atributte doesn't seems to have no input to this issue, 20 or 40 generates same Icetime.
Game is great overall, just some minor stuff like this
The AI will only obey the distribution settings to the extent that it doesn't exhaust the players. If a guy is too tired to go on the ice and there are better-rested alternatives, the AI will use them instead. A player may also be limited by his linemates or defence partner: the AI tries to keep those units intact as often as possible so one, or especially two, tired guys may keep their linemate from being used as well.
Old 10-05-2015, 03:05 PM   #236
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justmeingardner View Post
First of all, great game! Am loving it. I am seeing a problem while playing games out of duplicate players on same line on ice at same time. For instance, Wayne Cashman playing both wings simultaneously. Don't know if anybody else has reported this. Have screenshot if necessary. I am playing All shots watch mode, PBP speed fast and normal clock speed, if that helps. Thanks.
Yes, please, screenshot and savegame if you have it. Uploading instructions here.
Old 10-05-2015, 03:09 PM   #237
OHISEEIT
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Player uniforms not updating when traded

Hello--I'm sorry if this has already been addressed. But I'm noticing that as players are being traded or signing with a new team, they are still wearing the uniform of their former team.

Thank you!
OHISEEIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 03:26 PM   #238
hockeyfan4
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
Strange, there are no obvious errors in his data that would make him break the entry level rules with his contract demands. We'll check it out.

What about me not being able to offer contracts to anyone? I click submit and nothing happens.
hockeyfan4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 03:28 PM   #239
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHISEEIT View Post
Hello--I'm sorry if this has already been addressed. But I'm noticing that as players are being traded or signing with a new team, they are still wearing the uniform of their former team.

Thank you!
If you reload the picture in the facegen settings, it should fix that. We're working on some additions to facegen in FHM that'll help with issues like that (and let us do stuff like historical uniform updating.)
Old 10-05-2015, 03:34 PM   #240
julius
Minors (Single A)

NHL league is stalled in Season 4

I have a post-patch NHL league, an expansion to start year 1, and lots of team/player edits but no tinkering with league structure (which seemed to cause most of the issues in the 2014 version. This was my second attempt since the first one (pre-patch) also stalled in year 4, after triggering some ECHL player roster limit issues (see thread way above).This second attempt was going nicely, and seemed to have overcome the ECHL roster bug, until it too stopped just as I launched into season 4. No BSD, but simply a message that the game is not responding. So this is a problem. My desktop is a high performance rig from Velocity with Windows 10, so it shouldn't be the culprit I think.
julius is offline   Reply With Quote