Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 14 > OOTP 14 - Online Leagues
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 14 - Online Leagues Want to create or join an OOTP 14 online league? This is the right forum for you.

Old 01-20-2014, 04:27 PM   #1
donb036
Bat Boy

Jyanksmsu Baseball Sim League

Hey Guys,
I'll get right to the point: we're currently looking for 6 owners, Baltimore, Oakland, Philly, the Mets, St. Louis and San Fran. Our league started a couple months back with actual rosters, but we are currently in the year 2018.

Baseball Forums

League Home Page

Sims are about two weeks long, usually three or four times a real-life week. Honestly guys, I'm not the Commissioner, this is just a really fun league that's the most amount of fun with more members.

Usually what gets to people the most is this, which is why I saved it for last: there is no league file.

We post our trades and lineup changes and the Commish does it all for us. Some people don't like it, I think it's more of a challenge, building the best team possible even when you don't have complete and total control, kind of similar to how it would be in real life. It also keeps you from having to worry about upgrading the game when a new version comes out, and if you know anyone who wants to play and doesn't have any version at all, then this is a good way to do that as well.

Just go post in the forums or chat if you want a team!

Thanks guys,
Don
donb036 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 08:15 PM   #2
donb036
Bat Boy

forgot to mention that we play with real players, but we are currently in the year 2018 so it's mostly the younger guys.

We just finished the World Series so if you're interested in joining, now's the time!
Old 02-06-2014, 01:30 PM   #3
donb036
Bat Boy

Thought I'd bump this one last time. All mentions teams still available.
Old 02-07-2014, 06:26 PM   #4
therealdeal1977
Bat Boy

hit me up therealdeal1977 (yahoo IM)
therealdeal1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 08:16 PM   #5
SeaBear
Minors (Double A)

Understanding of what the name of the league actually means will be integral to most people taking interest in this league.
SeaBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 10:16 PM   #6
donb036
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaBear View Post
Understanding of what the name of the league actually means will be integral to most people taking interest in this league.
I actually wasn't really sure myself so I asked and the guy who started the league's name was "Jon", thereby birthing the J, he's a "Yankees" homer, thus the "Yanks", and he goes to Michigan State University, so all totaled up yielding "Jyanksmsu". Hopefully no Michigan or Red Sox fans are too offended.

EDIT: Also forgot to mention that Oakland is now taken.
Old 02-08-2014, 06:40 PM   #7
flyers106
Bat Boy

available team

hello I would love to take the Phillies if still available please let me know if possible am ne to online league but not new to baseball still playing semi pro just never managed a team before

email: rkerr488919@comcast.net

thank you for you consideratuon
flyers106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 09:45 PM   #8
donb036
Bat Boy

Just thought that I'd mention since it seems that a lot of people didn't read the original post that there is *no league file* for this league. The Commish makes all the changes for us.

Why:
1). It keeps everyone from having to upgrade to a new version every year.
2). It lets people who would be good owners join even if they can't afford to pay for the game.
3). It's a lot more casual and less time consuming than if you had a league file.
4). You can essentially make all the changes from your phone.
5). I personally am in both types of leagues and enjoy this one more.
6). No one is excluded. If you have OOTP, you can still play. If you don't, you can still play.
7). You can invite your friends and family who don't have the game to get a team!

I have now responded to anyone who's indicated any interest. If anyone else is, let me know! We have San Francisco, Baltimore, Oakland and St. Louis left available.

Last edited by donb036; 02-08-2014 at 09:47 PM.