Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 14 > OOTP 14 - Online Leagues
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 14 - Online Leagues Want to create or join an OOTP 14 online league? This is the right forum for you.

Old 11-09-2013, 03:45 AM   #1
sowders22
Minors (Single A)

MLB Pro - The Only 'One Day, Every Day' League Taking Members for 2014

MLB Pro, having just finished its second year and second season, is now opening up the application process to the public in preparation for the 2014 season and the offseason that precedes it. Those who are familiar with our league know that we experience very little turnover and this opportunity only comes around once a year.

MLB Pro is the only 'one day, every day' league with means exactly what it sounds like: we sim one day every single day - no exceptions - perfectly duplicating the real MLB schedule. The real life date is the same as the in-game date. The MLB Opening Day is our Opening Day. The MLB All-Star Game is the night of our All-Star Game. Are the Dodgers playing the Mets tonight? So are our Dodgers.

This format means our league offers the most realistic, immersive simulation experience around. MLB Pro is not for the weak-at-heart or the lazy. We do not coddle our GMs. They are a savvy, cunning, and sometime-manipulative group who will do anything inside the rules to win. Our trade review process is simply to prevent cheating and collusion. Did you get ripped off? That is your problem. Let's call it a mix of "survival-of-the-fittest" mixed with a little "learn from your own mistakes."

Our general managers are a brilliant mix of characters: Hollywood actors, journalists, baseball insiders, political scientists, professional poker players, college students, and more. They appreciate the thrill of savoring every moment of the league. They appreciate living and dying with all 162 games. In MLB Pro, your personal day becomes defined by how your game goes every night; if you win, you are on top of the world and if you lose, it feels like the end of the world. You ARE your team and when a season takes a full year, you quickly know your team inside and out, just like a real GM would.

So what do we have to offer besides a unique schedule? Well, here's a taste:
  • Divisional Beat Writers
  • MLB Pro Radio
  • Complete Twitter Immersion, Including a League Feed, a Dedicated Trade Rumors Feed, and Individual Feeds from Virtually Every Team
  • Real-Time Sim of Every Game, Every Night
  • All-Star and Award Voting
  • 24-Hour Chat Activity
  • Real MLB 20/80 rating system plus scouts.
  • Nippon Japanese League Waiting List, there GMs complete for the next openings in MLB Pro. (But not separated from MLB Pro. You watch your games with us, we read the articles you write, you are as much a part of this league as anyone else.)
  • The Thrill of Feeling like a Real MLB GM.

And what do our GMs think?

"MLB Pro is a daily sim that you wouldn't think someone would be able to run consistently but Commissioner Sowders pulls it off every day for now going into our third season. Nothing is more realistic than a day-to-day sim, so if you're looking for the most realistic experience in an OOTP league, this is it." - Mike Lowe: MLB Journalist, OOTP Beta Tester, and Brewers GM

"As someone who is completely obsessed with baseball and can't get enough in his daily life, MLB Pro scratches that itch. OOTP is an incredibly realistic baseball GM experience, and at MLB Pro we take it one step further with the daily sim and some updated rules to strive for realism. While simming daily may seem daunting at first (trust me, it was when I started out), it is truly fun, thrilling, and manageable as my daily life routine now involves downloading the file and checking the waiver wire. We'd love for you to join us." - Justin Jabs: Journalist and Cubs GM

"When I signed up for MLB Pro, I wasn't even a baseball fan but I saw everybody talking about it and knew it was going to be something special. Within a month of it starting up, I had quit all of my yahoo fantasy leagues to fully dedicate myself to MLB Pro. It is easily the most addictive and fun league I've ever been a part of, in no small part due to the current managers and the fine job Commissioner Sowders does. It's also the reason my girlfriend thinks I'm a big nerd. Well that's not true...it's one of the reasons my girlfriend thinks I'm a big nerd." - Ayden Dugmore: 2012 AL GM of the Year (Cleveland Indians)

"In over 15 years of fantasy sports simulation league experience, and over 7 years of OOTP experience alone, MLB Pro is hands down the most fun, day-to-day, real-time simulation league I've ever seen or been apart of. And I've been a commissioner of my own league before! MLB Pro kills it is almost every aspect. Great group of owners and a superior website/user experience make MLB Pro the class of OOTP leagues going right now!" - Justin Kaiser: Former OOTP League Commissioner, Seattle Mariners GM

League Registration

Our postseason has just wrapped up with the Boston Red Sox beating the New York Mets in the World Series and now we begin the offseason process of building for 2014. If you are interested in starting the greatest OOTP experience of your life, please click the link above. You need to be aware of a few things through in terms of expectations:
  1. If you are looking for a short-term commitment, MLB Pro is not for you. We expect our GMs to commit to a full season before backing out (not including unforeseen circumstances) and in fact, we want people who will be around and building teams for many years.
  2. We expect our GMs to be active. At least one file per week, as well as the occasional visit in the chat room to watch the games with us and the occasional article about the team.
  3. We expect you to have experience with OOTP leagues. If this is your first experience with OOTP leagues, you will likely be selected for the Nippon league so you can get comfortable.
  4. We expect you to read e-mails and reply when requested, including to fellow GMs in trade negotiations.
  5. We expect you to be able to take a joke. We are a brash, very familiar group who will talk trash, bust chops, joke around, and be some of the best friends you will find.

If you think you might be interested but aren't sure, stop by the chat and hang out. Ask questions of the other GMs. They will be happy to help you. Then sign up and we will get back to you as soon as possible.

This is a league with very, very little turnover. There is a reason why we only have membership drives once a year. This is your chance to finally start your OOTP life. MLB Pro is a revelation. The question is if you are ready to open your eyes.
sowders22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 09:29 PM   #2
sowders22
Minors (Single A)

Houston has been taken. Detroit Tigers, Los Angeles Dodgers, Texas Rangers, and most of the Japanese league are still available.
Old 11-10-2013, 02:48 AM   #3
skalepp
Minors (Double A)

I sent in an application for the Dodgers! It would be great to join!
skalepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 03:31 AM   #4
sowders22
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by skalepp View Post
I sent in an application for the Dodgers! It would be great to join!
Dodgers has just been taken right before you sent your application but we will be in touch soon.
Old 11-11-2013, 12:56 AM   #5
sowders22
Minors (Single A)

We are also looking for a webmaster skilled with Joomla. If you are interested in this position, please include that in your application and you will be moved to the front of the list.
Old 11-11-2013, 06:26 AM   #6
DWK
All Star Reserve

I put in a application would like the Detroit Tigers
DWK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 08:41 PM   #7
Jrounder82
Bat Boy

Sent in a application
Jrounder82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 04:04 PM   #8
sowders22
Minors (Single A)

LOTS of applications pouring in. If you want to get into the mix, make sure you get an application in soon.
Old 11-12-2013, 06:14 PM   #9
skalepp
Minors (Double A)

How do I know what part of the waiting list I am on? I would only like to join one league to solely pay attention to that one league and I would prefer this league over some others.
skalepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 06:19 PM   #10
sowders22
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by skalepp View Post
How do I know what part of the waiting list I am on? I would only like to join one league to solely pay attention to that one league and I would prefer this league over some others.
You will be getting an email from me shortly. Hang tight.
Old 11-13-2013, 01:25 AM   #11
sowders22
Minors (Single A)

Our league is such a big damn deal that a famous Bangladeshi "hacking" (but not really hacking) group defaced our site and a few others on our server about an hour ago.

So until the site is fixed which will be shortly, you can apply for the league here.

MLB Pro Registration
Old 11-19-2013, 04:09 PM   #12
sowders22
Minors (Single A)

MLB Pro debuted a brand new website today and we still have a few Nippon spots left so if you are interested in joining the best league going, this is the perfect time to do so!
Old 01-14-2014, 04:52 PM   #13
SeaBear
Minors (Double A)

x

Last edited by SeaBear; 11-03-2014 at 11:17 PM.
SeaBear is offline   Reply With Quote