Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Historical Simulations

Old 06-18-2012, 12:03 PM   #1
ruggie23
Minors (Single A)

real historical transactions?

Once in a game and you shut it off a few years into the sim?
ruggie23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 12:15 PM   #2
BaseballMan
Hall Of Famer

not sure what your question is
BaseballMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 12:17 PM   #3
ruggie23
Minors (Single A)

i started a new league with real transactions and i'm about 15 years into the league and i would like to shut it off now but it seems that the option to turn it on and off is no longer in the game setup under historical tab. Is it not posible to shut off the transactions once the league is started?
Old 06-18-2012, 01:30 PM   #4
Gambo
Hall Of Famer

I think you may need to do it during pre-season

OOTP MODS:
Historical Face Gen Project, Spritze/Gambo Database, OOTP Stadium Chart and Ballpark Images, MLB Compiled Uniform & Logo Pack
available at...
http://www.ootpmods.com
Gambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 01:36 PM   #5
swampdragon
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gambo View Post
I think you may need to do it during pre-season
I thought that option was only available during universe setup. It would be very convenient to be able to switch real life transactions and lineups on and off between seasons. Do you know how to do that?
“Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies." -- C.S. Lewis
swampdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 06:20 PM   #6
Gambo
Hall Of Famer

Nope it should be there between seasons too under the historical tab (at least as I remember) you just may need to do it around January 1st.

OOTP MODS:
Historical Face Gen Project, Spritze/Gambo Database, OOTP Stadium Chart and Ballpark Images, MLB Compiled Uniform & Logo Pack
available at...
Old 06-18-2012, 06:55 PM   #7
ruggie23
Minors (Single A)

tried to get the option to come back. tried preseason spring training and on before and after jan 1st don't think you can get it back.
Old 06-18-2012, 07:15 PM   #8
ruggie23
Minors (Single A)

i figured it out. I added minor leagues and it screwed everything up by getting rid of that option when you create minor leagues. My fault thanks for the help.
Old 06-22-2012, 10:56 AM   #9
clamel
All Star Starter

So to be 100% clear on this.

If one start with transactions ON and with Minor Leagues , lets say sometime in the mid 1970s.

One should then be able to turn it OFF once you got into the 1980s.

I didnīt get that misshap with Minor leagues. Whatever do they intervene and makes things impssible ???
clamel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 01:20 AM   #10
Gambo
Hall Of Famer

I don't believe you can have minor leagues and real transactions but I've never tested it.

OOTP MODS:
available at...
Old 06-23-2012, 07:50 PM   #11
clamel
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gambo View Post
I don't believe you can have minor leagues and real transactions but I've never tested it.
Probably not, since Minors doesnīt seam to have any historical importance in OOTP. One thing (at least on AAA level) that should lift the game a step.
Old 07-07-2012, 09:31 AM   #12
BaseballMan
Hall Of Famer

Ive been working on a transaction file for the 19th century. I found that i could use some of the dates from retrosheet but there are sometimes i cant use the actual date because i think it may be cause problems.

For example when a player is signed to a new team in March. If players old team has folded the game would look to the transaction file and since the team is no longer active it may mess things up but im not sure if thats the case.

Never the less im just having players released by the end of the year and signing with new team the next year. Im gonna test the 1871 season and see how good it works with players being drafted to their correct teams. I think it will help when teams fold because the players should be in my file since obviously they had to with a real team.

I have to manually make the transactions but i dont think that will be a problem as i should just have to check the date in my file and it will tell me the next date i need to release or sign a player. Plus it gives me more time to watch each season more closer instead of just simming the whole season at once.
Anyway if it works ill share the file if anyones interested. I still have a lot of work to go. I still have to figure out the best way to handle transactions where theres no date for a player moving to another team during the season. If he was traded after the season its easy cause like i said i just release players at the end of the year and sign them at the start of the next year.

Been working on this off and on since October. Wish there was an easier way to do it but i dont think theres a way to do it automatically since i have to manually check each player. I dont think retrosheet has all the transactions and theres also the problem i mentioned above.
Old 07-07-2012, 12:28 PM   #13
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

The transaction file that comes with OOTP has the real life transactions 1871-1900 already in it, formulated exactly as you have outlined. OOTP simply won't use any transaction pre-1900 since it doesn't come with real 19th century play or teams or schedules. OOTP has been programmed to ignore those transactions. This ignoration may pose a challenge to you when getting OOTP to play your transaction file.

If you do all transactions by hand then no problem, you can do anything you wish by hand. Left or right, it makes no difference.
Old 07-07-2012, 01:37 PM   #14
BaseballMan
Hall Of Famer

I could only open that up in notepad. Is it available on excel. I am trying to make a transaction file that will match up with the actual teams. So players are not being traded from teams that have already folded. Also to keep the history of player from showing he played 0 games for team since he was traded before start of the season.
Old 07-07-2012, 02:35 PM   #15
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

It is available.

You'll have to find the fella in charge of the transaction file. He is a beta team member and has posted there and on the regular forums.
Old 07-07-2012, 04:08 PM   #16
BaseballMan
Hall Of Famer

After thinking about it i dont think i can use it because i still have to look up players that missed seasons in order to put them on the correct teams. If the information in that file is taken from Retrosheet , they dont have a lot of those in their transaction files. It just shows on players batting stats that he missed some seasons.
Old 07-07-2012, 07:16 PM   #17
clamel
All Star Starter

How does a transaction work if the player is injured at the time of being traded ?

Injured players canīt be traded, can they ?

Same with stuff like the AI is cutting a player that later in that year was traded historically. What happens then. He is just free and any team can sign him.

I think so many things can happen that messing up transactions or am I wrong ?
Old 07-07-2012, 08:31 PM   #18
BaseballMan
Hall Of Famer

Well if your using historical transactions then you are putting players on teams they played for regardless of whether they are injured or not. Otherwise you would be using a historical setup with more of a what if situation. If you are using historical transactions as they happened in real life it doesnt matter if Babe Ruth is injured he should be traded to the Yankees in 1920. But that does bring the question of should you eliminate CEI when using real transactions? You cant really have real trades if Babe Ruth suffers a CEI in 1919 and is forced to retire.
Old 07-07-2012, 11:37 PM   #19
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Transactions On = No Disabled Players and no injuries and all players are on the active roster, no minor leagues, no cutting, no baby whiners.

The OOTP transaction list contains but is not limited to the Retrosheet data. As I disremember an extra 23,000 transactions are included inclusively to make the OOTP transaction file the definitive transaction file on the planet Earth and its environs. That includes Mars for those of you of an Ares nature, but not Venus as zero girls are included in the transaction file. This is not an oversight, girls are not allowed.
Old 07-09-2012, 08:46 AM   #20
clamel
All Star Starter

So if Iīm not stupid. I might be ;-(

If one use Spritze or Gambo DB (that needs a lot of Minor Leagues) the historical transactions will work with top players that are assumed to be on active roster when the historical transaction took place.

So one gets a 75% (perhaps) correct transaction setup over the years.

In my setup I was hoping to play out some 5-10 years before jumping in as a GM. I was hoping that the AI during this time hasnīt completly changed the baseball world during those 5-10 years, but slaved under the historical transaction and lineups ON "rules".
I can live with that not every single transactions over these years has happend, but would be happy to see the bigger trades done.

Question then would be to untick historical transactions when I enter to see a totally new baseball world emerge.

This way I hope to have some of those more detailed stats, pitcher vs batter, left vs right and hundreds more that canīt be done from the start since they are not on any stat record for Lahman.

Am I out on deept water ???

ADJUSTED:

YES I am !!!

One canīt even compine historical transactions with minors, so this project goes in trash.

Last edited by clamel; 07-10-2012 at 09:14 AM.