Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > MLB Manager 2018 > MLB Manager - Suggestions

MLB Manager - Suggestions Please help us to improve the game and post your suggestions / ideas in this forum!

Old 05-17-2011, 02:16 PM   #1
kmlfortcollins
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Nav Improvements

I'm a veteran OOTP user on the desktop version, so I picked up the ipad/iphone version of the game to check it out. I'm ok with the limited gameplay of the iOS version, but there are some navigation and menu issues I have that I have a hard time getting past. Among them:

* Custom Tables
When doing the intial draft, not having the ability to customize your table of ratings/talents/player attributes is annoying. You have to keep swapping around the pre-defined menues to find the player that you want. I would love the ability to choose the columns in the table, even if the # of columns is limited.

* Moving players from minors->majors
In the full verison of the game, I can have 2 tables showing my minor league team and my major league team (with ratings for both) and then drag and drop back and forth to set my 25 man lineup. This can't be hard to add for the iphone version.

* Player development
I'd like to know how my players are developing over a period of time. As it stands in the iphone version you have no idea which players are developing or lumping away.

These are my biggest issues thus far with the game. It's a good start for sure, but the general navigation through the game still has some work to do.
kmlfortcollins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 01:35 AM   #2
Troutmagnet
Bat Boy

I agree on the player development suggestion.

Sending down a slumping player and exchanging him for a minor leaguer with blistering numbers would be a great addition. Then flipping them again later once the major leaguer picks up in the minors would also be more realistic.

A demotional assignment should also have some reasoning behind it... Sending down a player achieves nothing unless you can expect them to work on areas of weakness.

Maybe demoting a player should include a small list of problems that minor league staff have to push the demoted player to focus on? Then maybe provide a status update report similar to the disabled list report that details the players development?

Ultimately, I think scouting and reporting should be overhauled. I'd love to be able to get internal reports as well as scouting reports from around the league and the minors, maybe even overseas.
Heck, what about simulating the results of minor league games?
Troutmagnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 02:31 AM   #3
HavenHunting
Minors (Double A)

Player development is a great idea. I struggle to know what guys to bring up from the minors. Even if your coach/scout would recommend a player who is Developing so you have some idea on who to bring up would be nice.
HavenHunting is offline   Reply With Quote