Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Title Bout Championship Boxing > TBCB Mods
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-24-2021, 04:11 PM   #1
StarkFist
Minors (Double A)

nations.dat

Okay so I've been unable to run tbcb2.5 for close to two weeks. The game can't read the nations.dat file, which means it won't run. I've got a thread in the tech support section of this board, and by discussing it there, I've figured out that the file is almost certainly corrupted. But no one there can get me a replacement for the file that the game can't read. So what I need is a clean nations.dat file, and instructions on how to install it in place of the corrupted one. If someone on this board would hook me up with it, I'll be immensely grateful. Thanks in advance.

Stark Fist
Old 12-24-2021, 05:02 PM   #2
Cap
Hall Of Famer

I can't insert a .dat file so will have to email it?

Cap
Old 12-24-2021, 08:15 PM   #3
Waltercito
All Star Reserve

Here you go. Just unpack it, and replace te corrupted one in the folder of the database you're currently using.
Attached Files
File Type: zip nations.zip (9.1 KB, 75 views)

Last edited by Waltercito; 12-24-2021 at 08:21 PM.
Waltercito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2022, 04:25 PM   #4
StarkFist
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waltercito View Post
Here you go. Just unpack it, and replace te corrupted one in the folder of the database you're currently using.
Wow for some reason I didn't get an email notification of this post, so I've been emailing OOTP tech support for it! So thank you, Waltercito. Now I have a question: do I need to delete the existing nations.dat file, or just put this one in its place? And where do I install it (I'm assuming the most recent save file)?
Old 01-19-2022, 11:29 PM   #5
StarkFist
Minors (Double A)

Okay I tried installing the replacement nations.dat in the game saves and in the main directory of the boxing universe I'm trying to salvage, and it still can't read it. So it's time to consider Plan B.

Now I should be able to start from scratch with a totally new boxing uni. But the one that's unopenable had the name I wanted for mine. So this brings up a question: if I delete the one that won't open and start a brand new one with the same name, it will come into being with all the fighters, trainers, ring card girls, etc., that come with the game. But I'll have to reinstall all the fighters I've downloaded from this site - which I can do easily enough, because they're all still on my hard drive. Is that about right?
Old 01-20-2022, 09:42 AM   #6
pilight
All Star Starter

That sounds right
pilight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2022, 10:06 AM   #7
Waltercito
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarkFist View Post
Okay I tried installing the replacement nations.dat in the game saves and in the main directory of the boxing universe I'm trying to salvage, and it still can't read it. So it's time to consider Plan B.

Now I should be able to start from scratch with a totally new boxing uni. But the one that's unopenable had the name I wanted for mine. So this brings up a question: if I delete the one that won't open and start a brand new one with the same name, it will come into being with all the fighters, trainers, ring card girls, etc., that come with the game. But I'll have to reinstall all the fighters I've downloaded from this site - which I can do easily enough, because they're all still on my hard drive. Is that about right?

Yes, like Pilight said, that should work.
Waltercito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2022, 09:37 PM   #8
StarkFist
Minors (Double A)

Here we go again - now it's divisions.dat that the game can't read. If I can replace it with one that someone on this board will kindly share with me, then my boxing universe will still happen. If not, then I have another setback sending me back to square one, and I may have to just cut my losses and accept that this game and I are simply not meant to be,

But let's not go there yet. Can someone please set me up with a clean divcisions.dat file that will hopefully get me up and running again? Thanks in advance.