Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 6 > FHM 6 - General Discussion

FHM 6 - General Discussion Talk about the latest & greatest FHM, officially licensed by the NHL!

Old 10-15-2019, 10:57 PM   #1
lukestephens2293
Minors (Triple A)

How do you Play?

Do you take control of all the lines, tactics and play out games or do you let the head coach take control and just simulate?? id like to know how everyone else plays
lukestephens2293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 06:54 AM   #2
DFyvie
Major Leagues

I take control of the lines/tactics but usually leave scouting and training to my staff. I would like to know the ins and outs of training however and sometimes it is fun to direct scouting a lot more than I do.
DFyvie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 01:05 PM   #3
igor7111
Minors (Double A)

I take care of everything, including playing the individual games.
igor7111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 07:57 PM   #4
Savoie45
All Star Reserve

I assign scouts and such, but I don't adjust lines with all the injuries that tend to happen. The save lines option is a nice addition and might change my mind at some point. I watch games during pre season to get an idea of how well the tactics are working, but generally just sim through the season so I can get to the draft and free agency since that's how I typically build my teams.
Savoie45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 01:38 AM   #5
TGH-Adfabre
Hall Of Famer

Online only
Old 10-17-2019, 01:57 AM   #6
imMapex
Bat Boy

Just got FHM 6 and am already hooked. I don't fully understand all of the features yet, but I'm most excited to manage roster transactions, scouting + drafting, and player development. Tactics and line management will go to assistants.
imMapex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 01:37 AM   #7
JT_Dutch
Minors (Single A)

I play the Historical game as GM and Head Coach.

I turn on historical expansion, but I might try the League Customization feature at some point ... it seems a bit unstable at the moment, though.

I turn off drafting rookies/generating rookies at 17 because I already know who panned out historically & who didn't & it feels like cheating to me. Also because I want as many guys on the proper team as possible.

Only other option I turn on is the Iron Curtain rule.

Since the scouting in Historical Mode is generally pretty straightforward, I let my assistant handle it.

I have my assistant set the lines & make my changes to them as I see fit because it's quicker that way. I set the tactics myself. I haven't really gone too in-depth with tactics yet (as in individual line and player tactics) but I might start doing that soon as well.

Sometimes I play out the games; most times I don't. That also may change in time.

One quirky thing about the way I play is that I'm very particular about guys having proper uniform numbers & teams having proper logos & uniforms. Might not make any difference to 99% of the people who play this game but it does to me.
JT_Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2019, 08:26 AM   #8
GDawg
Minors (Double A)

Having 3 leagues running atm. One modern in which I try to rebuild the Sens (first season in tanking mode!), then two historical seasons. One starting in 1930’s as I know so little about that era. Changed the playoff format to only first 2 qualify (4 is way too many) and added the Pittsburgh Pirates as an expansion team. Last is a 1992/1993 replay as thats my first season I got into hockey and of course both Lemieux amd Gretzky in their prime. Love the new historical options.

Last edited by GDawg; 10-19-2019 at 08:31 AM.
GDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 01:42 AM   #9
Savoie45
All Star Reserve

So I actually ran a game at normal speed with stoppages on so I could change my teams lines, which made me feel slightly more immersed. It will be cool once there's a 2D or 3D game to watch play out as well. I couldn't see myself playing this way an entire season, but possibly for some important games.
Savoie45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 12:26 PM   #10
Rasmuth
All Star Starter

I imported my FHM5 game into FHM6.

I started the NHL in 1960 (using the assumption that after WW2, North America was much worse off than in real life...so it was 15 years until the NHL was formed.)

I started the NHL and one level of minors, but no games played for the minors per se', though obviously they get stats.

I took over the Detroit Red Wings as GM/Coach (even though the team has an owner, I have it setup where I can't be fired...so in my mind I also own the team) and used random debut. I'm now in the decade of the 1990's and eventually I'll retire and pass the torch to my "son" so to speak and so on. The WHA came and went...as it did IRL.

I'm just playing the NHL...with random debut and it's been a ton of fun. My alltime leading scorer is Phil Esposito (he played for the Buffalo Sabres), near 1900 points. Bobby Orr is currently 20 years old and ascending quickly. Gretzky has yet to be draft eligible.

I plan on running this at least another 30 to 50 seasons and maybe beyond.

The decade of the 80's into the 90's with the crazy scoring numbers has been so damn fun.

I make virtually all team decisions and I set lineups, lines and choose goalies for each game and then sim the game.

It's a labor of love, a season takes a while but this deep into the league history, it's a ton of fun going over stats and leaders and such.

Great game!

Last edited by Rasmuth; 10-21-2019 at 12:34 PM.
Rasmuth is offline   Reply With Quote