Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Discover the new amazing online league competition & card collecting mode of OOTP!

Old 03-25-2019, 02:30 PM   #481
zrog2000
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASURay View Post
Which groundball%? I never saw any of the MOV ratings change in v19 which suggests that it must already be static, no?
They don't change, but they are still calculations. That's what was explained in this thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris Jardine View Post
Another note, the pitcher movement rating in this list is the raw rating, which in the game gets modified by the pitcher groundball rating for the final displayed movement rating.
I assume the same thing applies in 19. And again, you can't sort by any ratings other than OVR in the 19 AH, so I'm not sure why this is being discussed here.

Last edited by zrog2000; 03-25-2019 at 02:31 PM.
zrog2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 03:02 PM   #482
ASURay
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zrog2000 View Post
And again, you can't sort by any ratings other than OVR in the 19 AH, so I'm not sure why this is being discussed here.
Because I didn't realize I was in the v19 forum when I responded. It would seem easy enough to allow for sorting by the displayed MOV value as well as FB/GB tendency. Easier yet, just allow for sorting by displayed MOV. We can see the FB/GB tendency from the player card in the AH. That's plenty of info for folks to make their decisions. Given that the displayed MOV was the primary driver of pitcher auction value in v19, it seems like folks would want to be able to sort by it in v20.

Last edited by ASURay; 03-25-2019 at 03:04 PM.
ASURay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 03:32 PM   #483
zrog2000
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASURay View Post
Because I didn't realize I was in the v19 forum when I responded. It would seem easy enough to allow for sorting by the displayed MOV value as well as FB/GB tendency. Easier yet, just allow for sorting by displayed MOV. We can see the FB/GB tendency from the player card in the AH. That's plenty of info for folks to make their decisions. Given that the displayed MOV was the primary driver of pitcher auction value in v19, it seems like folks would want to be able to sort by it in v20.
Sorting by raw MOV and GB tendency wouldn't give you what you wanted. You'd have a pitcher with a 120 MOV and a 12% GB rate and then a pitcher with a 40 MOV and a 76% GB rate. Which one has the higher calculated overall movement? Don't know without figuring out the formula and doing lots of math.

I agree it would be nice, but unless they make the displayed MOV a static value in the database instead of a calculation, it would be impossible because you'd have to calculate the MOV for every pitcher on the AH to sort on it. And that would be done on your computer making it incredibly slow.

Last edited by zrog2000; 03-25-2019 at 03:34 PM.
zrog2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 07:50 PM   #484
bluesguy
Minors (Single A)

hey all,
How can we import our pt team into the regular ootp19 game?

thanks,
m
bluesguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 08:52 PM   #485
bluesguy
Minors (Single A)

There was mention of a file management program.
Could separate active, reserve, playing rosters of our iron, bronze, silver, gold, diamond and perfect rosters.
Is this still planned?
thanks,
mike
bluesguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 04:22 PM   #486
natedawgdude3
Bat Boy

I’m pretty sure this hasn’t been mentioned before and I’m almost positive it isn’t in the game already, but I think specific player strategies would be a huge feature, especially in Perfect Team. For example, if you could set a player to steal a base if the catcher’s arm rating is less than 80. That way it gives a little more control and strategy to the managers instead of having your general strategy be run against all catchers or not.
natedawgdude3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 11:32 PM   #487
Dunzie
All Star Reserve

If this thread is still being monitored by any of the game's designers... what about a discount for buying PP to maybe inject some new life into the Auction House these days in PT19?
Dunzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 11:43 PM   #488
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunzie View Post
If this thread is still being monitored by any of the game's designers... what about a discount for buying PP to maybe inject some new life into the Auction House these days in PT19?
I have plenty of points. The problem is that there is nothing to buy.

How about selling regular packs in PT19 for 200 points instead of 1000?
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2019, 12:42 PM   #489
Zorian77
Minors (Single A)

This isn't really a suggestion, so much as a question: how are defensive stats generated? I have noticed historical players tend to have far lower defensive stats even in cases where they should not.

For example (on a 100 scale):
2019 Alex Gordon- Left Field: 93, Outfield Range: 75, Outfield Error: 88, Outfield Arm: 64

2014 Alex Gordon- Left Field: 87, Outfield Range: 76, Outfield Error: 76, Outfield Arm: 41

And as another comparison:

Andrew Benintendi 2019- Left field: 84, Outfield range: 69, Outfield error- 58, Outfield Arm: 75

My main issue with this is Alex Gordon in 2014 was a much better defender than 2019 Alex Gordon using almost any metric (beyond simple fielding percentage). On top of that, Benintendi's assist number is currently 8, which matches 2014 Gordon, and 2019 Gordon is only 1 behind (which might as well be the same given how games are left in the season). How does this justify Benintendi's arm being 34 point higher than 2014 Gordon? Does the 2019 look at past seasons to justify the 2019 rating, while historical ones do not? Benintendi had 11 and 12 assists in the two prior seasons, but Gordon in 2011, 2012, 2013 had 20, 17, and 17.

Just trying to wrap my head around this one. I would like to use defensive subs more, but there just doesn't seem to be any incentive to when the stats just aren't there.
Zorian77 is offline   Reply With Quote